Why Is Being Successful A Crime?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2012, 07:56 PM
RE: Why Is Being Successful A Crime?
(31-10-2012 07:52 PM)BryanS Wrote:  
(31-10-2012 07:34 PM)Diablo666 Wrote:  Employer is going to waste time on something that trivial? Its not hard to train someone else...
Life insurance - automatically bad, so who gives a shit.
Death panels - ROFL! Stop watching Faux News
Son of a psychopath - I am not sure there is anything to this....sounds like reaching to me.

Ohh wait thats all your pathetic examples are....
Everyone should have their DNA and finger prints on file imo.

I see. You're really concerned about entrapment, but have no problem with medical information being available to the government. That's a curious combination of opinions.

I call troll!

All the examples you listed were BS!
Make one that isn't a bad joke, or already a shit choice like health insurance.

Also, how are public health insurance agencies getting your government files? Go ahead and explain that while you are at it...

There is no downside to having DNA on file. If you don't commit a crime, or if you weren't there, then your DNA almost certainly won't be at the scene!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-10-2012, 10:24 PM
(31-10-2012 07:34 PM)Diablo666 Wrote:  
(31-10-2012 07:00 PM)BryanS Wrote:  The entrapment complaint was utter BS. The DNA issue you describe is more problematic in my view. You just need to have a more creative imagination on how the information can be used. It's not an identity theft issue so much as a privacy issue. DNA can reveal all sorts of private medical information about you that could be misused. Here are some possibilities:

--an employer making hiring decisions by using DNA info they have to determine if you are susceptible to Huntington's disease. they don't want to deal with a manager who might become unstable, so they decide you're not worth the risk.

--a health insurance company making decisions to offer coverage based upon your risk for certain cancers.

--have socialized medicine? How about a government deciding that you're going to die early from heart disease anyway because you are genetically predisposed and untreatable, so why bother with that kidney replacement when little Billy will live longer with that bone marrow transplant because he has a statistically longer number of years left from his treatment. Wouldn't the greater good be served by declining services to people who won't benefit as much in added lifespan?

--a life insurance company deciding not to pay out a benefit because they discover from your DNA that you are predisposed to the disease that took your life and decide you had a pre-existing condition that disqualifies you from coverage.

--an innocent, but adopted individual becomes identified as offspring to a serial killer....runs in the family maybe? Let's take a closer look at this guy because his father was a psychopath too.

If you happen to commit a crime and are convicted, a loss of privacy for the convict may be in the public's interest because you have proven yourself to be a danger to others. Innocent people's privacy should otherwise be protected.

Employer is going to waste time on something that trivial? Its not hard to train someone else...
Son of a psychopath - I am not sure there is anything to this....sounds like reaching to me.

Employers are doing exactly this kind of shit. One of the first things they do when you apply is do a search on the internet for you. There has even been talk about employers demanding that you give them your facebook and email passwords. Who knows how many of them pay hackers to break in to what they either can't get you to give them access to or are too scared to ask for. If they had easy access to what your dna says about you, believe me they would use it. This would drive crime way up. I am presently employed. If in the event I found myself unemployable for just a few years, it would not be long before I turned to crime. Unemployment only lasts for so long. There are a great many people out there that are unemployed due to their jobs going overseas. How long do you think it will take before they start breaking the law to feed their families. Most already have by doing work under the table for cash that they are not reporting to the government. If those side jobs dry up, how long until they steal from others instead of just the federal government?
31-10-2012, 11:08 PM
(31-10-2012 10:24 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(31-10-2012 07:34 PM)Diablo666 Wrote:  Employer is going to waste time on something that trivial? Its not hard to train someone else...

Employers are doing exactly this kind of shit. One of the first things they do when you apply is do a search on the internet for you. There has even been talk about employers demanding that you give them your facebook and email passwords. Who knows how many of them pay hackers to break in to what they either can't get you to give them access to or are too scared to ask for. If they had easy access to what your dna says about you, believe me they would use it. This would drive crime way up. I am presently employed. If in the event I found myself unemployable for just a few years, it would not be long before I turned to crime. Unemployment only lasts for so long. There are a great many people out there that are unemployed due to their jobs going overseas. How long do you think it will take before they start breaking the law to feed their families. Most already have by doing work under the table for cash that they are not reporting to the government. If those side jobs dry up, how long until they steal from others instead of just the federal government?

Diablo666 viewpoint in a nutshell:
[Image: want-govt.jpg]
01-11-2012, 05:25 AM
(31-10-2012 07:00 PM)BryanS Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 08:57 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I'd give it up earmuffs. Some people have this fucked-up idea that we should only catch a criminal if we have their consent, and we should never be dishonest with career liars, that would by unfair.

My Dad's like that (and most of the UK actually). We had this big thing in the UK a few years back because when the police took DNA samples from suspects they kept them rather than destroy them if the person was innocent. What the fuck is wrong with the police keeping DNA samples is beyond me. The only reasons I could get out of people was "information can be misused" (which may be true if they have your credit card details, can't really steal your identity with a DNA sample though), and "it's the principle" (which is so stupid I'm not gonna waste time debunking). Point is, the world is full of idiots who simply hate the idea of the law being enforced, either because they are so paranoid that they think the entire law enforcement system was set up to ruin their life, they don't like authority, or they don't appreciate what it's like being the victim of crime and when they find out they change their tune. I think certain people in this thread fall under that category.

The entrapment complaint was utter BS. The DNA issue you describe is more problematic in my view. You just need to have a more creative imagination on how the information can be used. It's not an identity theft issue so much as a privacy issue. DNA can reveal all sorts of private medical information about you that could be misused. Here are some possibilities:

--an employer making hiring decisions by using DNA info they have to determine if you are susceptible to Huntington's disease. they don't want to deal with a manager who might become unstable, so they decide you're not worth the risk.

--a health insurance company making decisions to offer coverage based upon your risk for certain cancers.

--have socialized medicine? How about a government deciding that you're going to die early from heart disease anyway because you are genetically predisposed and untreatable, so why bother with that kidney replacement when little Billy will live longer with that bone marrow transplant because he has a statistically longer number of years left from his treatment. Wouldn't the greater good be served by declining services to people who won't benefit as much in added lifespan?

--a life insurance company deciding not to pay out a benefit because they discover from your DNA that you are predisposed to the disease that took your life and decide you had a pre-existing condition that disqualifies you from coverage.

--an innocent, but adopted individual becomes identified as offspring to a serial killer....runs in the family maybe? Let's take a closer look at this guy because his father was a psychopath too.

If you happen to commit a crime and are convicted, a loss of privacy for the convict may be in the public's interest because you have proven yourself to be a danger to others. Innocent people's privacy should otherwise be protected.

Diablo may know nothng about basic economics, have some really retarded ideas as well as very conflicting ones, but I gotta agree with him on this DNA when he says private companies etc.. shouldn't be getting access to things like DNA.

When I'm talking about like a "DNA Bank" I'm talking law enforcement database only. They find DNA at a crime scene, they scan it across the bank.

If private companies, employers, are able to compare DNA to this 'bank' then it's not done correctly and seriously flawed.

Quote:Employers are doing exactly this kind of shit. One of the first things they do when you apply is do a search on the internet for you.

It's a good way to see what kind of person they're hiring, have a read over their PUBLIC facebook wall. (you can make it private, and I call BS on employers asking for FB passwords). It's probably why I don't have a job actually... the shit I say on my FB.. Actually I might go change my privacy settings now...
If you're dumb enough to post shit shit on your FB and have it open for the world to see then that's your own problem.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
01-11-2012, 11:15 AM
wal-mart is another good example of screwing over millions of people to make money.

Hell even Mitt Romney said the money is in the govt. In other words, stealing money from the govt and screwing over 310 million tax payers is the best way to make money!
01-11-2012, 11:16 AM
(31-10-2012 11:08 PM)BryanS Wrote:  
(31-10-2012 10:24 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Employers are doing exactly this kind of shit. One of the first things they do when you apply is do a search on the internet for you. There has even been talk about employers demanding that you give them your facebook and email passwords. Who knows how many of them pay hackers to break in to what they either can't get you to give them access to or are too scared to ask for. If they had easy access to what your dna says about you, believe me they would use it. This would drive crime way up. I am presently employed. If in the event I found myself unemployable for just a few years, it would not be long before I turned to crime. Unemployment only lasts for so long. There are a great many people out there that are unemployed due to their jobs going overseas. How long do you think it will take before they start breaking the law to feed their families. Most already have by doing work under the table for cash that they are not reporting to the government. If those side jobs dry up, how long until they steal from others instead of just the federal government?

haha, I have to admit thats a good pic.
01-11-2012, 10:47 PM
(31-10-2012 11:08 PM)BryanS Wrote:  
(31-10-2012 10:24 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Employers are doing exactly this kind of shit. One of the first things they do when you apply is do a search on the internet for you. There has even been talk about employers demanding that you give them your facebook and email passwords. Who knows how many of them pay hackers to break in to what they either can't get you to give them access to or are too scared to ask for. If they had easy access to what your dna says about you, believe me they would use it. This would drive crime way up. I am presently employed. If in the event I found myself unemployable for just a few years, it would not be long before I turned to crime. Unemployment only lasts for so long. There are a great many people out there that are unemployed due to their jobs going overseas. How long do you think it will take before they start breaking the law to feed their families. Most already have by doing work under the table for cash that they are not reporting to the government. If those side jobs dry up, how long until they steal from others instead of just the federal government?

I am not sure what you are trying to say. If you are implying that I want bigger government you are sadly mistaken. I want far less government. The government is up everyone's ass lately.
02-11-2012, 05:15 AM
(01-11-2012 10:47 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(31-10-2012 11:08 PM)BryanS Wrote:  Diablo666 viewpoint in a nutshell:

I am not sure what you are trying to say. If you are implying that I want bigger government you are sadly mistaken. I want far less government. The government is up everyone's ass lately.
actually I believe they're very reluctunt to let anyone get up anyone's ass.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]