Why Islam is disgusting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2012, 05:36 PM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2012 05:40 PM by Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver.)
Why Islam is disgusting
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/india...39708.html

You can chalk this one up in the tomes of data about religion doing harm.

An Indian student in Bohnn, Germany was brutally assaulted and had his tongue cut out for refusing to convert to Islam.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2012, 05:49 PM
RE: Why Islam is disgusting
It's potentially no different from fundie Xtianity, Judaism, or Hinduism. Remember the Inquisition? And the crusades? Etc. etc.

It is not Islam that is particularly disgusting. It is the whole concept of religion that is disgusting!
28-12-2012, 05:50 PM
(28-12-2012 05:36 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/india...39708.html

You can chalk this one up in the tomes of data about religion doing harm.

An Indian student in Bohnn, Germany was brutally assaulted and had his tongue cut out for refusing to convert to Islam.

Christian: This is why you should believe in Jesus. We do no harm and only spread the love of God.
(This is a real comment on a Taiwanes Christian's FB about this news...)

Life is too important to be taken seriously.
- Oscar Wilde
28-12-2012, 06:05 PM
It's a shame, I know some very nice Muslims but their religion is just so harmful.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
28-12-2012, 06:14 PM
(28-12-2012 05:49 PM)Janus Wrote:  It's potentially no different from fundie Xtianity, Judaism, or Hinduism. Remember the Inquisition? And the crusades? Etc. etc.
You can hardly blame the atrocities committed by Christians throughout the Dark Ages on Christianity since they didn't actually follow the teachings of their religion.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
28-12-2012, 06:30 PM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2012 07:02 PM by Janus.)
(28-12-2012 06:14 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(28-12-2012 05:49 PM)Janus Wrote:  It's potentially no different from fundie Xtianity, Judaism, or Hinduism. Remember the Inquisition? And the crusades? Etc. etc.
You can hardly blame the atrocities committed by Christians throughout the Dark Ages on Christianity since they didn't actually follow the teachings of their religion.

1) I didn't refer to the 'Dark Ages', but to the Middle Ages, and the time of the Enlightenment. So you're barking a tad pathetically up the wrong tree there.

2) Excuse me? Both the crusades and the Inquisition were instigated, promoted, and justified by dozens of popes and the Vatican! For at least 6 centuries! That's what the people heard, so that's what the teachings of the church were as far as they were concerned: "Jerusalem/the Holy Land must be re-conquered" and "heretics [protestants and Jews] must be rooted out of society! Even if it IS your neighbour".

And it is no different from today – especially with catholics – or with muslims! 98% of either have never actually read (most of) their holy book! The only things they know about "the teachings" of their religion is what their 'spiritual leaders' – the priest caste; the charlatan gang – tell them on Sunday. Or Friday. Ipso facto: the people (still) know fuck all about 'their' religion!
28-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Depends which part of the bible you're going by, I always figured it was the part about not suffering a witch to live.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-12-2012, 07:23 PM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2012 07:27 PM by Vosur.)
(28-12-2012 06:30 PM)Janus Wrote:  1) I didn't refer to the 'Dark Ages', but to the Middle Ages, and the time of the Enlightenment. So you're barking a tad pathetically up the wrong tree there.
Except that the Dark Ages and the Middles Ages are one and the same thing. And do you realize that the crusades you were talking about happened during the Dark Ages, meaning that I'm not "barking a tad pathetically up the wrong tree [sic]"?

(28-12-2012 06:30 PM)Janus Wrote:  2) Excuse me? Both the crusades and the Inquisition were instigated, promoted, and justified by dozens of popes and the Vatican! For at least 6 centuries! That's what the people heard, so that's what the teachings of the church were as far as they were concerned: "Jerusalem/the Holy Land must be re-conquered" and "heretics [protestants and Jews] must be rooted out of society! Even if it IS your neighbour".
I was specifically talking about the teachings of their religion, not about the teachings of the church. It's well-known that the Catholic church has been twisting the contents of the Bible throughout history whenever it suited their agenda.

(28-12-2012 06:30 PM)Janus Wrote:  And it is no different from today – especially with catholics – or with muslims! 98% of either have never actually read (most of) their holy book! The only things they know about "the teachings" of their religion is what their 'spiritual leaders' – the priest caste; the charlatan gang – tell them on Sunday. Or Friday. Ipso facto: the people (still) know fuck all about 'their' religion!
Since you are not and never will be able to support claims like that, you shouldn't make them in the first place. How do you know what percentage of the adherents of any given religion have read their holy books and how did you find out where they get all of their information from? Do you have any polls or statistics to substantiate your argument?

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
28-12-2012, 07:44 PM
(28-12-2012 06:05 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  It's a shame, I know some very nice Muslims but their religion is just so harmful.
Yeah they may be nice but do have a few built in subtleties for non-muslims.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
28-12-2012, 07:58 PM
(28-12-2012 07:23 PM)Vosur Wrote:  the Dark Ages and the Middles Ages are one and the same thing.

Ah! That explains why they have different monikers!
Thanks for clearing that up. Drinking Beverage