Why Islam is disgusting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2012, 09:03 PM
RE: Why Islam is disgusting
(28-12-2012 07:58 PM)Janus Wrote:  Ah! That explains why they have different monikers!
Thanks for clearing that up. Drinking Beverage
You're welcome. Yes

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2012, 10:42 PM
What's with the Christmas hatred.

1 - The reason this made the news is because it is ABNORMAL. If Muslims cut out people's tongues every day it wouldn't be news, it would be Thursday.

2 - Have we not established that this incident is to Islam as:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTB2IwQii83iLqy5z-zSXv...qtKXHVlOL3]
is to white people?

What happened is disgusting. The act is disgusting. That poor bastard has to live the rest of his life without a tongue and he's just a bloody kid at 24. It makes me angry. It makes me fucking angry! The fact that people did this in the name of Islam is disgusting. The fact that people could justify it in the name of ANYTHING is disgusting. But these people are extremists. Meaning not normal. To equate it with all of Islam or to suggest that it's normal is rank fearmongering. It was the act of extremists just like this is:

Now just for a minute, imagine that someone tells you that white people are disgusting, that you're disgusting, because of this jackass, and that when they say it, they mean it. Now imagine that this person has power over you. He controls your citizenship. He controls your rights. He controls your freedom of movement. He can incarcerate you on a whim. He has an army that can invade and occupy you. He has the economic might to control your country. He has the cultural might to crush everything you hold dear and replace it with an unending chain of falafel restaurants. You gonna sit there and take the indignity of it all, or are you gonna get pissed right the fuck off?

Beat a dog long enough and it will bite you. And if it does, you have no one to blame but yourself. So can we please agree that of course, Islam, and all religion for that matter, has some serious issues and that yes, you don't want to be religious but that blanket statements of hatred are both intellectually dishonest (to be polite about it) and counterproductive.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
[+] 4 users Like Ghost's post
28-12-2012, 11:05 PM
Why does everyone rush out to defend Islam and try to make it equal with Christianity?

I understand both religions are ugly at the core.

I will say that, today, Islam, is the one that is actually ACTING on its ugliness in such a brazen and violent way.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 2 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
29-12-2012, 08:29 AM
(28-12-2012 11:05 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Why does everyone rush out to defend Islam and try to make it equal with Christianity?

I will say that, today, Islam, is the one that is actually ACTING on its ugliness in such a brazen and violent way.

When Christians were able to act on Christianity's ugliness, they did.

This is why I am a militant secularist.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
29-12-2012, 06:48 PM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2012 07:17 PM by Janus.)
(29-12-2012 08:29 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-12-2012 11:05 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Why does everyone rush out to defend Islam and try to make it equal with Christianity?

When Christians were able to act on Christianity's ugliness, they did.

They still do, Chas. Every day!
So you may want to ratchet up your militantism a notch or two.

Today, my friend Carlo, the Holy Father forbids the use of condoms which effectively condemns and already has irrevocably condemned millions upon millions of Africans to die of HIV/AIDS!
That is pure genocide in my book.

Today, my friend Carlo, the Holy Father demonises a minority – the homosexuals – and thereby invokes ostracism, discrimination, hate, and violence towards that minority.
That, sir, is archetypical fascism!

Just imagine for one moment how many hundreds of millions of people's lives are totally destroyed and made utterly miserable by just two 'articles of faith' of the Roman Catholic church... TODAY!

Enough 'ACTING' out the ugliness of religion for you?

So you see there isn't really much point in saying Islam is worse than Xtianity. Or v.v. You would be hard pressed to prove that either way. In fact the whole debate is counterproductive, because it only fuels the inter-religion differences...
29-12-2012, 07:12 PM
(29-12-2012 06:48 PM)Janus Wrote:  
(29-12-2012 08:29 AM)Chas Wrote:  When Christians were able to act on Christianity's ugliness, they did.

They still do, Chas. Every day!

Today, my friend Carlo, the Holy Father forbids the use of condoms which effectively condemns and already has irrevocably condemned millions upon millions of Africans to die of HIV/AIDS!

Today, my friend Carlo, the Holy Father demonises a minority – the homosexuals – and thereby invokes ostracism, discrimination, hate, and violence towards that minority.

all thats bad of course.. i dont want to defend christianity or any religion but when is the last time you heard of a christian cutting out a guys tongue for not converting.. i wont put words in chas mouth but i think he is saying that we would see the same discusting and violent behaviour in our society if christainity had the same power in the west as islam has in the east.. but i dont know.. maybe im wrong.
29-12-2012, 07:41 PM
(29-12-2012 07:12 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(29-12-2012 06:48 PM)Janus Wrote:  They still do, Chas. Every day!

all thats bad of course.. i dont want to defend christianity or any religion but when is the last time you heard of a christian cutting out a guys tongue for not converting.. i wont put words in chas mouth but i think he is saying that we would see the same discusting and violent behaviour in our society if christainity had the same power in the west as islam has in the east.. but i dont know.. maybe im wrong.

Yes, that is what I'm saying. What's more, Christians did act this way when they could.

Janus, you are correct - it's just that they are very limited today compared to the past.

I don't want them to have any power or authority in this world.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-12-2012, 07:43 PM
(29-12-2012 07:12 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  when is the last time you heard of a christian cutting out a guys tongue for not converting..

When is the last time you heard of muslim clergymen, thousands of them, institutionally abusing millions of boys over centuries...? No conversion required. At least that idiot muslim tongue cutter seemed to have a kinda 'moral' motive in his own warped mind. But I don't think many people would qualify the little boy fuckers', those with the holier than thou attitude, motives as 'moral'...

Come on! What the fuck does it matter what m.o.'s or numbers of victims one religion made, or how, as opposed to another? Is Xtianity 'better' than Islam because Xtianity killed 'only' 120 million people in the last 10 centuries, while Islam killed 140 million...? (Or whatever the numbers are).

Stop focusing on which religion is 'better' than another. They are all catastrophic for mankind. Religion, in any shape or form, is evil incarnate.
[+] 4 users Like Janus's post
29-12-2012, 08:15 PM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2012 08:51 PM by Janus.)
(29-12-2012 07:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  I don't want them to have any power or authority in this world.

That's not enough for me. I want them – all of the capos; for the RC church that would be all bishops and up – publicly tried, convicted, and appropriately punished as an immoral, genocidal, and criminal organisation. We do it with genocidal war criminals and mafiosi. So what makes these sanctimonious guys different?

For the 120 cardinals and the pope I recommend banishment for life to the island Tristan da Cunha in the south Atlantic. Without servants or personnel (there wouldn't be any space for those anyway). And with canned food for 6 weeks. Big Grin
And no can opener... Evil_monster

I'm sure we can find a couple similar places for the other RC capos. Suggestions anyone?
29-12-2012, 11:40 PM
(28-12-2012 10:42 PM)Ghost Wrote:  What's with the Christmas hatred.

1 - The reason this made the news is because it is ABNORMAL. If Muslims cut out people's tongues every day it wouldn't be news, it would be Thursday.

2 - Have we not established that this incident is to Islam as:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTB2IwQii83iLqy5z-zSXv...qtKXHVlOL3]
is to white people?

What happened is disgusting. The act is disgusting. That poor bastard has to live the rest of his life without a tongue and he's just a bloody kid at 24. It makes me angry. It makes me fucking angry! The fact that people did this in the name of Islam is disgusting. The fact that people could justify it in the name of ANYTHING is disgusting. But these people are extremists. Meaning not normal. To equate it with all of Islam or to suggest that it's normal is rank fearmongering. It was the act of extremists just like this is:

Now just for a minute, imagine that someone tells you that white people are disgusting, that you're disgusting, because of this jackass, and that when they say it, they mean it. Now imagine that this person has power over you. He controls your citizenship. He controls your rights. He controls your freedom of movement. He can incarcerate you on a whim. He has an army that can invade and occupy you. He has the economic might to control your country. He has the cultural might to crush everything you hold dear and replace it with an unending chain of falafel restaurants. You gonna sit there and take the indignity of it all, or are you gonna get pissed right the fuck off?

Beat a dog long enough and it will bite you. And if it does, you have no one to blame but yourself. So can we please agree that of course, Islam, and all religion for that matter, has some serious issues and that yes, you don't want to be religious but that blanket statements of hatred are both intellectually dishonest (to be polite about it) and counterproductive.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt

You have it wrong. This is not an isolated or abnormal incident. Maybe it is unusual in the location where it occurred, but it is however standard operating procedure in islamic countries. As far as hitler is concerned, he has no influence on my life at all. Yes it was a white individual, but it took many people and countries to stop him and that includes white people. So far I don't see any islamic countries standing up the the fundies that do this kind of thing, let alone fighting a war against them. One day I can see this ending up being another world war and of course it will be many people fighting back including you guessed it (white people).