Why Kent Hovind went to Prison

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2017, 12:23 PM
RE: Why Kent Hovind went to Prison
(03-03-2017 10:45 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 06:28 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Thanks! Sat through one of his eight hour seminars when in middle school at a Baptist church.

Eight hours of Hovind? Holy shit, you have my deepest condolences.

Thanks; I was 11 at the time and he made so much sense to my little Baptist bubble brain. For about a month, he made little sandtrout me into a Creationist. Sad Also, feel confident in saying from our brief interaction together when I returned his dinosaur, he's an asshole.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Shai Hulud's post
04-03-2017, 01:57 AM
Man, that's child abuse! So sorry you had to endure that shite.

It's really refreshing to talk to a theist who doesn't automatically defend every other theist. I'm sure there are plenty like that out there, it's just the types I've ran into on previous forums tend to instantly form a phalanx.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
[+] 3 users Like Robvalue's post
04-03-2017, 02:08 AM
(03-03-2017 12:23 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Thanks; I was 11 at the time and he made so much sense to my little Baptist bubble brain. For about a month, he made little sandtrout me into a Creationist. Sad Also, feel confident in saying from our brief interaction together when I returned his dinosaur, he's an asshole.

[Image: Alice-In-Wonderland-I-See-What-You-Did-There.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
06-03-2017, 08:51 AM
(02-03-2017 08:12 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Who?

Kent Hovind is an evangelical preacher who promotes that evolution is a lie.

There's an old debate that's pretty good between him and Michael Shermer. Shermer does a really good job at highlighting the problems with Kent Hovind's language and points of view.

My YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrD1ljs...6B_gsP7J9g
07-03-2017, 08:11 AM
(01-03-2017 11:40 PM)OutLoudAtheist Wrote:  ......... He knew what structuring was and was trying to avoid the IRS.

Are any holy martyrs out there??? What about the Jesus Christ?
07-03-2017, 09:39 AM
(06-03-2017 08:51 AM)OutLoudAtheist Wrote:  Kent Hovind is an evangelical preacher who promotes that evolution is a lie.

There's an old debate that's pretty good between him and Michael Shermer. Shermer does a really good job at highlighting the problems with Kent Hovind's language and points of view.

Here it is for those who are interested. The video is from 2004, but I'm not sure when the debate itself took place as I haven't seen it yet as it's just over 2 hours long but might be worth a look:

07-03-2017, 10:11 AM
(07-03-2017 08:11 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(01-03-2017 11:40 PM)OutLoudAtheist Wrote:  ......... He knew what structuring was and was trying to avoid the IRS.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
07-03-2017, 08:27 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2017 08:34 PM by Reltzik.)
(07-03-2017 08:11 AM)theBorg Wrote:  

In the myth, Jesus Christ died either out of being persecuted for what he was saying, or to satisfy God's bloodlust rather than let it fall on all of humanity, or a mix of the two.

In reality, Hovind did not go to jail to satisfy a bloodlust that would fall on others. That wouldn't happen. Nor was he imprisoned for his message. His message was incorrect to the point where it satirized itself, but it wasn't a crime.

He was instead imprisoned for two things. First, the greedy shit didn't want to pay payroll taxes and didn't want to do withholding. He didn't want to pay for the healthcare system that (barely) helps the poor. He didn't want to pay for the pension system that would have kept his employees solvent into their retirements.

And he above all didn't want the IRS to know that he was scamming his people like that.

So he also smurfed in order to hide his previous crimes.

This wasn't any worthy cause, or even anything that would be worthy under the delusions of Christianity. It was just greed.
07-03-2017, 08:52 PM
(04-03-2017 01:57 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Man, that's child abuse! So sorry you had to endure that shite.

It's really refreshing to talk to a theist who doesn't automatically defend every other theist. I'm sure there are plenty like that out there, it's just the types I've ran into on previous forums tend to instantly form a phalanx.

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure I was the one that wheedled mom into letting me go at the time. After all, "Dr. Dino"? What little kid doesn't like dinosaurs? And blah, it's Hovind. I've defended folks like Scott Hahn on here before, but people who blatantly make shit up get no help.
(04-03-2017 02:08 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 12:23 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Thanks; I was 11 at the time and he made so much sense to my little Baptist bubble brain. For about a month, he made little sandtrout me into a Creationist. Sad Also, feel confident in saying from our brief interaction together when I returned his dinosaur, he's an asshole.

[Image: Alice-In-Wonderland-I-See-What-You-Did-There.jpg]
Woot!

(07-03-2017 10:11 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(07-03-2017 08:11 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Are any holy martyrs out there??? What about the Jesus Christ?

What the fuck are you talking about?

He's a big Kent Hovind fanboy and I think considers him to have been horribly imprisoned, not realizing tax fraud is a bad thing.

Need to think of a witty signature.
08-03-2017, 12:58 AM
(07-03-2017 08:27 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(07-03-2017 08:11 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Are any holy martyrs out there??? What about the Jesus Christ?

In the myth, Jesus Christ died either out of being persecuted for what he was saying, or to satisfy God's bloodlust rather than let it fall on all of humanity, or a mix of the two.

Jesus has not killed himself, but was killed. That is persecution of the Holy Martyr.

Jesus is not a myth. According to historical, social, theological and archeological Science.