Why Kent Hovind went to Prison

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2017, 02:29 AM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2017 02:34 AM by Reltzik.)
RE: Why Kent Hovind went to Prison
(08-03-2017 12:58 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(07-03-2017 08:27 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  In the myth, Jesus Christ died either out of being persecuted for what he was saying, or to satisfy God's bloodlust rather than let it fall on all of humanity, or a mix of the two.

Jesus has not killed himself, but was killed. That is persecution of the Holy Martyr.

Never said he killed himself. What I said is that Hovind isn't a martyr outside of the delusions of some of his supporters.

(08-03-2017 12:58 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Jesus is not a myth. According to historical, social, theological and archeological Science.

When I referred to the Jesus Christ "myth", I was referring not just to the existence of a historical figure (which I see no evidence for OR against), but all the legends, fables, and religion built up around him.

But either way, taking your "science" in order...

No, no, hell no, and no.

Archaeology is completely silent on Jesus. It shows that the Gospel authors knew a few things about the time and place they lived in, which isn't surprising. Archaeology might tell us, for example, that the pool of Bethesda existed, but not that Jesus was ever there or troubled its waters.

Historical science tells us that if Jesus existed it all, it was in relative obscurity and not as depicted in the Gospels. Outside of the accounts of the biased followers (which suffer from significant discrepancies and are not firsthand), the only independent accounts of the era are conspicuously silent about Jesus... even in regards to things that WOULD have left records, such as Jesus's trial, the darkness and rise of the dead following the crucifixion, the slaughter of Herod, or the census just before Jesus's birth. Later accounts, such as from Josephus, are clearly based on those of the believers and cannot be counted as independent. Historical science would regard the Gospels as highly suspicious at best, and the dearth of corroboration would make them even more suspect.

Social science is similarly silent... because it has nothing to do with the distant past, save for history, which we just covered.

And theological science, isn't.

Ladies and gentlemen of the board, I give you the light of Eastern Orthodoxy. If every tree may be judged by its fruit, then Borgy shows us that his church is rotten, decrepit, gullible, deceitful, irrational, and untrustworthy to its very core.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
08-03-2017, 03:30 AM
(08-03-2017 12:58 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Jesus has not killed himself, but was killed.

There is no empirical evidence that a man known as "Jesus" ever existed in real life, and if he (possibly) did he wasn't in reality the son(?) of some supernatural entity—he would've been "just" a man like you or me.

Quote:That is persecution of the Holy Martyr.

You've given us no viable evidence supporting your claim that Jesus was a "holy martyr".

Quote:Jesus is not a myth. According to historical, social, theological and archeological Science.

As far as our current knowledge goes, Jesus is/was a purely mythical figure. There are no legitimate, tangible, archeological relics that support his existence. There are numerous bogus bits and pieces of historical forgery (such as the now debunked Shroud of Turin) but thus far none of the claimed genuine relics have been authenticated.

No amount of "theological" dogma can prove the existence of the paranormal. Myths, fantasy, hearsay, illusion, and blatant untruths do not equate to evidence of any kind. Sorry. Dodgy

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
08-03-2017, 06:32 AM
(08-03-2017 02:29 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 12:58 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Jesus has not killed himself, but was killed. That is persecution of the Holy Martyr.

Never said he killed himself. What I said is that Hovind isn't a martyr outside of the delusions of some of his supporters.

(08-03-2017 12:58 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Jesus is not a myth. According to historical, social, theological and archeological Science.

When I referred to the Jesus Christ "myth", I was referring not just to the existence of a historical figure (which I see no evidence for OR against), but all the legends, fables, and religion built up around him.

The Jesus Christ can be derived from the following way of thinking.

The very first thing in the history is necessary for all the things. So, the very first thing is the source of existence. There is life on the planet. So, the source of existence is living. The Love is pro-life, the hate is pro-death. So, the source is pure Love. To Love means to have the Darling. So, the God is the Holy Trinity. Do you follow?
08-03-2017, 06:46 AM
(08-03-2017 06:32 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Do you follow?

Not even on a dare.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
08-03-2017, 06:51 AM

[Image: tumblr_m9mg9qj8dR1r6xbv8o1_500.gif]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
08-03-2017, 06:57 AM
(08-03-2017 06:32 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 02:29 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  Never said he killed himself. What I said is that Hovind isn't a martyr outside of the delusions of some of his supporters.

The Jesus Christ can be derived from the following way of thinking.

The very first thing in the history is necessary for all the things. So, the very first thing is the source of existence. There is life on the planet. So, the source of existence is living. The Love is pro-life, the hate is pro-death. So, the source is pure Love. To Love means to have the Darling. So, the God is the Holy Trinity. Do you follow?

Into that morass of patently obvious fallacies, bald assumptions, and puffed-up facades of knowledge?

Trusting you, with your track record, to guide me aright through them?

Not. A. Chance.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
08-03-2017, 07:49 AM
(08-03-2017 06:57 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 06:32 AM)theBorg Wrote:  The Jesus Christ can be derived from the following way of thinking.

Into that morass of patently obvious fallacies, bald assumptions, and puffed-up facades of knowledge?

Not. A. Chance.

It is just emotion. Tell me something solid, but with head, not with heart.
08-03-2017, 08:19 AM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2017 08:28 AM by Reltzik.)
(08-03-2017 07:49 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 06:57 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  Into that morass of patently obvious fallacies, bald assumptions, and puffed-up facades of knowledge?

Not. A. Chance.

It is just emotion. Tell me something solid, but with head, not with heart.

This is looking at someone who has, as a metaphor for demonstrated track record in attempting to conduct reason and logic, done the equivalent of drive a car into a tree fifty times, each time by accident, each time by accident, and saying to myself, "I don't want to get into a car with him driving." That's not an emotion. That's common sense. That's having a brain and wanting to keep it working.

But if you want specifics of what's wrong with your... I can't even bring myself to call it logic or an argument... with your proselytization. Practically every sentence in what you proffered beyond the premises is a non-sequitur to the previous, half your premises are unsupported, you attribute qualities (such as sapience, intent, names, and identification with specific myths) to features which do not necessarily possess those qualities and for which you offer no justification for having those qualities (more bald assumptions), and all of this is done in English so mangled as to be nigh-unintelligible and a demonstrated total lack of understanding of the deeper questions, wider possibilities, opposing opinions and arguments, or even what good logic looks like.

EDIT: But all of that's off-topic. As always, you've managed to make this thread about your own fecal contributions, stifling conversation about any other topic. The point is that, no, Hovind is no sort of martyr for Christianity. He's just a greedy man who scammed the government and his employees, got caught, and spent time in prison for it.
[+] 3 users Like Reltzik's post
08-03-2017, 09:15 AM
(08-03-2017 08:19 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  ............ The point is that, no, Hovind is no sort of martyr for Christianity. He's just a greedy man who scammed the government and his employees, got caught, and spent time in prison for it.

There are no Holiness in the False Atheism. The False Atheism is unholy.
Therefore, there are no Holy martyrs in the False Atheism. So, there is no sense to Judge the Kent Hovind here.

Smartass
08-03-2017, 10:17 AM
(08-03-2017 06:51 AM)Banjo Wrote:  

[Image: tumblr_m9mg9qj8dR1r6xbv8o1_500.gif]

Yup. He's out to lunch. There's nobody home answering the door. The lights are out in the cabin. The room is empty. He's one brick short of a load. One sandwich short of a picnic.

Banjo, you think you have chemo brain but Jesusfuckingchrist, you're brain is 1000000% saner and more on top of things than Borg's. Borg's brain was fried up in a pan somewhere along the way.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post