Why Kent Hovind went to Prison

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2017, 10:18 AM
RE: Why Kent Hovind went to Prison
(08-03-2017 09:15 AM)theBorg Wrote:  There are no Holiness in the False Atheism. The False Atheism is unholy.

Therefore, there are no Holy martyrs in the False Atheism. So, there is no sense to Judge the Kent Hovind here.

We can and will judge anything we fucking well want to judge, Borg.

Hovind is a convicted felon, a greedy man who refused to pay his fair share of taxes. If he breaks the law again, I will be quite happy to see him thrown back in prison. If he does it a third time, I think he should stay in prison for the rest of his life.

Martyrdom is also not a desirable quality. All it means is that a god was too bloody lazy to protect its followers from harm. A martyr is, therefore, the victim of an incompetent deity.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
08-03-2017, 11:14 AM
(08-03-2017 09:15 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 08:19 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  ............ The point is that, no, Hovind is no sort of martyr for Christianity. He's just a greedy man who scammed the government and his employees, got caught, and spent time in prison for it.

There are no Holiness in the False Atheism. The False Atheism is unholy.
Therefore, there are no Holy martyrs in the False Atheism. So, there is no sense to Judge the Kent Hovind here.

Smartass
Actual morality comes from societal consensus. Hovind neither conforms to his society's morality (in this case, its tax laws duly enacted by authorized representatives of the citizenry), nor provides any valid argument for not doing so. I on the other hand DO pay my taxes without complaint or dissembling. So yes, quite apart from the irrelevant fact that I happen to not believe in any deities, I DO get to judge "the Kent" and to agree with the penalty he has paid for not paying his taxes, and for dissembling about it.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like mordant's post
08-03-2017, 12:31 PM
(08-03-2017 11:14 AM)mordant Wrote:  ........ I DO get to judge "the Kent" and to agree with the penalty he has paid for not paying his taxes, and for dissembling about it.

The state laws of USA historically are based on the 10 Commandments. The laws, which are in conflict are not the laws, but an absurd. So, by judging a criminal using the state laws, the Judge is serving the God.

The problem of the False atheism is the absence of God.
08-03-2017, 12:43 PM
(08-03-2017 12:31 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 11:14 AM)mordant Wrote:  ........ I DO get to judge "the Kent" and to agree with the penalty he has paid for not paying his taxes, and for dissembling about it.

The state laws of USA historically are based on the 10 Commandments. The laws, which are in conflict are not the laws, but an absurd. So, by judging a criminal using the state laws, the Judge is serving the God.

Another attempt by Borg to lie to people that he totally lacks the skills to deceive.

If the laws of the United States were based on the 10 Commandments, we would see the following:

1) No freedom of religion.
2) An established church.
3) Many other religions openly and flagrantly persecuted.
4) Severely curtailed freedom of speech, press, assembly, and association.
5) A notable absence of democracy.
6) Thoughtcrimes.
7) No laws against marital rape.
8) No ban against nobility.
9) Religious tests for office, rather than a ban on religious tests for office.
10) A ban on idols and other graven images.
11) A death sentence for working on Sunday.
12) A death sentence for blasphemy.
13) Adult children unable to criticize their parents on anything.
[+] 5 users Like Reltzik's post
08-03-2017, 12:52 PM
(08-03-2017 12:31 PM)theBorg Wrote:  

Your grasp of the US constitution is about as thorough as your grasp of physics, theology, philosophy, logic or the English language. Weeping

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
08-03-2017, 12:53 PM
(08-03-2017 12:43 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 12:31 PM)theBorg Wrote:  The state laws of USA historically are based on the 10 Commandments. The laws, which are in conflict are not the laws, but an absurd. So, by judging a criminal using the state laws, the Judge is serving the God.

Another attempt by Borg to lie to people that he totally lacks the skills to deceive.

If the laws of the United States were based on the 10 Commandments, we would see the following: ..........

Do you want the Churches to be burned again?! The Church can bless the selling of bad stuff in special shops just to stop the violence.
08-03-2017, 02:10 PM
(08-03-2017 12:53 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 12:43 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Another attempt by Borg to lie to people that he totally lacks the skills to deceive.

If the laws of the United States were based on the 10 Commandments, we would see the following: ..........

Do you want the Churches to be burned again?! The Church can bless the selling of bad stuff in special shops just to stop the violence.

.... well that's a complete change of subject.

Burned? Definitely not. Fires spread to neighboring buildings and buildings that are presently churches are still valuable for other purposes. Burning them would be a waste. Not that I want government specifically targeting churches for asset seizure. But I would like to see churches go bankrupt because people woke up (and they are waking up), walked away, and stopped paying tithes.

Also, churches blessing things does absolutely nothing to stop... well, anything. So, yeah, sounds like the perfect remedy for the fictional violence you're talking about.

But, AGAIN. This has nothing to do with the topic of Kent Hovind's crimes and conviction, or your brazen lies about US law. You really aren't capable of connecting one thought to another.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
08-03-2017, 02:13 PM
(08-03-2017 12:53 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Do you want the Churches to be burned again?! The Church can bless the selling of bad stuff in special shops just to stop the violence.

(08-03-2017 02:10 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Burned? Definitely not. Fires spread to neighboring buildings and buildings that are presently churches are still valuable for other purposes. Burning them would be a waste.

This. Fires endanger people and other buildings. Better to keep the church buildings and turn them into concert halls or coffee shops.

And blessings never fixed anything except in people's imaginations.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
08-03-2017, 02:37 PM
(08-03-2017 02:13 PM)Astreja Wrote:  ...........
And blessings never fixed anything except in people's imaginations.

So, the False atheism is not blessed. Drinking Beverage
08-03-2017, 05:53 PM
Blessings are make-believe, Borg. They have absolutely no power of their own. All they have is whatever power that people's imaginations give them.