Why Kent Hovind went to Prison

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2017, 10:22 PM
RE: Why Kent Hovind went to Prison
(10-03-2017 10:03 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(10-03-2017 09:47 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Creationism isn't science, it's a religion, you twit. .........

True Creational Science is the part of the True Religion. Not the part of a false religion. So, no problem with Creationism.

[Image: screenshot_03.jpg]

[Image: 269339.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
10-03-2017, 10:26 PM
(10-03-2017 10:03 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(10-03-2017 09:47 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Creationism isn't science, it's a religion, you twit. .........

True Creational Science is the part of the True Religion. Not the part of a false religion. So, no problem with Creationism.

It is inferior to atheist science, because atheist science has no true no-god that is false. Consider

Or did I mean: Gasp

Or: Facepalm

Open to interpretation from god no?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
10-03-2017, 11:11 PM
The Physics was called "Natural Theology" in the more healthy world.
10-03-2017, 11:50 PM
(10-03-2017 09:40 PM)theBorg Wrote:  There are two kinds of Science. 1) Creational Science, 2) the Secular Science.

No. There is real science, and then there is the fake "science" that Hovind practises. He has made no properly peer-reviewed discoveries, and conducts no valid experiments. His Ph.D. is of no value in the science community.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-03-2017, 05:33 AM
(10-03-2017 11:50 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(10-03-2017 09:40 PM)theBorg Wrote:  There are two kinds of Science. 1) Creational Science, 2) the Secular Science.

No. There is real science, and then there is the fake "science" that Hovind practises. He has made no properly peer-reviewed discoveries, and conducts no valid experiments. His Ph.D. is of no value in the science community.

His PhD is of no value anywhere. It's literally from a split-level house in a suburban neighborhood that has no classrooms, no labs, and no accredited professors or programs. It's a "diploma mill", and the paper his PhD is printed on would be more valuable without ink all over it. Angry

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
11-03-2017, 08:12 AM
(10-03-2017 11:11 PM)theBorg Wrote:  The Physics was called "Natural Theology" in the more healthy world.

It was called Natural Philosophy back before people figured out that you could actually disprove nonsensical claims so it made sense to come up with a new word. Science moved out while Philosophy and theology were left behind.

In other words, the True Science left the False Theology in the dust.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
11-03-2017, 10:20 AM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2017 10:23 AM by RocketSurgeon76.)
(11-03-2017 05:33 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(10-03-2017 11:50 PM)Astreja Wrote:  No. There is real science, and then there is the fake "science" that Hovind practises. He has made no properly peer-reviewed discoveries, and conducts no valid experiments. His Ph.D. is of no value in the science community.

His PhD is of no value anywhere. It's literally from a split-level house in a suburban neighborhood that has no classrooms, no labs, and no accredited professors or programs. It's a "diploma mill", and the paper his PhD is printed on would be more valuable without ink all over it. Angry

I felt the need to post a correction/addendum. It appears Patriot University, from whence Hovind received his PhD, has moved from the suburban split-level in Colorado Springs (what it was in Kent's day) to a slightly larger facility located at 1135 French St, Del Norte, CO 81132, about three hours' drive away and waaaay up in the mountains.

Here it is, the old location (top) contrasted with the newer, expanded facility below it...

Original campus in Colorado Springs:
[Image: i-c05daec06bc8d11ee46725fa3e09419f-pat1.jpeg]

The "expanded" campus in Del Norte:
[Image: thum_81544e0d55a1c81db.jpg]

Here is a Google Maps photo of the location, so you can take a virtual tour of the "campus".

I've been reliably informed that, despite their appearance of being a "diploma mill" and utter lack of any facilities related to being a legitimate college of any sort, Patriot University did in fact have an outstanding intramural backyard Badminton athletics program, when Kent was there. Laugh out load

In the spirit of intellectual integrity, I felt it should be mentioned.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
11-03-2017, 12:16 PM
Ok - I have no interest in this discussion at all. However ...

Everytime I see this thread's title, Why Kent Hovind went to Prison ... it's sung in my head to the tune of the children's song, Old MacDonald Had a Farm ... complete with E-I-E-I-Oh following up the phrase.

Why Kent Hovind went to Prison, E-I-E-I-Oh

Just putting that out here. I hope it helps the similarly afflicted. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
12-03-2017, 03:59 AM
(11-03-2017 05:33 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  .......... It's a "diploma mill", .........

I is just for the start, soon the Christians with Jesus will won the World over again.
Then we will be able to get us more perfect diplomas. Smartass
12-03-2017, 04:03 AM
(11-03-2017 08:12 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(10-03-2017 11:11 PM)theBorg Wrote:  The Physics was called "Natural Theology" in the more healthy world.

It was called Natural Philosophy ........

Certainly in a sinful places. The places of the false secularism. But the real Secularism is the holy one. The Secularism is to spear the feelings of the false atheists.