Why Monarchies have No Moral Legitimacy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2014, 07:01 PM
RE: Why Monarchies have No Moral Legitimacy
(29-07-2014 06:58 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 06:55 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Resorting to ad hominems. How cute.

Now why don't you go away, pull you head out of your 15th Century ass, and then come back.

If you can resort to being a retard I think it's fair game I resort to ad hominems.

Because those dislike keeping systems that have overstayed their welcome by a few hundred years are retards? Got it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2014, 07:03 PM
(29-07-2014 07:01 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 06:58 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  If you can resort to being a retard I think it's fair game I resort to ad hominems.

Because those dislike keeping systems that have overstayed their welcome by a few hundred years are retards? Got it.

citation needed
Popular opinion is overwhelmingly in favor of keeping them.
Hardly seems "overstayed their welcome" too me.

Retard.

[Image: oscar.png]
29-07-2014, 07:12 PM
(29-07-2014 07:03 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 07:01 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Because those dislike keeping systems that have overstayed their welcome by a few hundred years are retards? Got it.

citation needed

Retard.

Then like I said, I'm all in favor of keeping those people if they can be prove their public support in an election every 4 years. Why are you so afraid of democracy?
29-07-2014, 07:15 PM
(29-07-2014 07:12 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 07:03 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  citation needed

Retard.

Then like I said, I'm all in favor of keeping those people if they can be prove their public support in an election every 4 years. Why are you so afraid of democracy?

Obviously didn't read my post on the previous page.

[Image: oscar.png]
29-07-2014, 10:41 PM
(29-07-2014 06:18 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  I live in Canada and here our freedom is quickly disappearing because we cannot elect a President protect our interests.

What the actual fuck?

(29-07-2014 06:18 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  I really envy you Americans because you have a much better system of government. You can elect a leader, say what you want and don't have to bow to anyone simply because they came out of the right pussy. We don't have that.

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?

Bro, do you even reality?

... this is my signature!
[+] 8 users Like cjlr's post
30-07-2014, 12:06 AM
My gawd, earmuffs had me CRACKING UP over in my house. Then CJLR pops in and I'm squeaking so hard that my gf calls from upstairs, "Why are you laughing?"

Laugh out load

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
30-07-2014, 12:28 AM
Muffs and Co have soundly won this one.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
30-07-2014, 06:46 AM
(30-07-2014 12:28 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Muffs and Co have soundly won this one.

All they have shown is that they have no idea what is happening in Canada, they believe some people are born superior to others due to divine mandate, they hate America, they are afraid of democracy and are unwilling to respond reasonably to any points brought up.

Ya, they totally won.
30-07-2014, 06:58 AM
(29-07-2014 06:04 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 06:02 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  They should run in elections every four years, and if what you say is true they will win everytime.

Also, it doesn't matter if people want monarchs or not, in order for the state to be able to claim any moral legitimacy it must subject its leaders to elections or else there is no proof of popular sovereignty. No matter how much you claim that they are supported by the people you have absolutely no proof if you don't hold elections.

How atheists can defend a government based off supposed divine appointment is beyond me. And secular monarchies are the least moral of all, because without the divine right of kings a monarch is basically admitting that the only reason he is in power is because one of his ancestors used bigger-army diplomacy, or in other words he has as much moral legitimacy as fucking Somali dictators.

Typical right winger all about freedom and choice until things don't go their way.

While I am right-wing, republicanism is hardly a rightist ideology. Modern republican began among the radical left in France. (In fact, as a secularist and republican, I would be considered far-left in late 18th Century France.)

If you look at the political landscape today, in monarchist countries republicanism is most prominent among leftists. Supporting a government based off inherited power and divine mandate is itself reactionary and regressive.
30-07-2014, 07:19 AM
Rolleyes

Like Muffs said, go squeeze a zit or something. It'd be more productive.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post