Why Monarchies have No Moral Legitimacy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2014, 09:22 AM
RE: Why Monarchies have No Moral Legitimacy
(01-08-2014 08:47 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(01-08-2014 08:33 AM)Luminon Wrote:  But in politics, a party gets whopping 49 % and it's doomed anyway. I think that is a bad system.

Citation needed.

It may interest you to know - and I find it hard to credit that you were previously unaware - but there are, right now, literally thousands of different political systems in practise across this world of ours. This "bad system" appears to be one that exists only in your head.
You are correct. I would invite Luminon to take a look, for example, at Germany's unique governing system (one that your country tried and failed to adopt, cjlr Tongue) which allows parties with as a little as 5% of the overall votes to take part in the governing process. We have five different political parties working together over here right now. Smartass

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2014, 09:23 AM
(01-08-2014 09:14 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:We don't push the issue and don't force anybody against their will.

Seems like you're pushing the issue and forcing your shit on me at the moment.
Hypocrite.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  As for guns...meh. That is not necessary. America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense - and all the cops went fully paramilitary anyway.

Seems to be pushing his views on those government employees he wants you to murder.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
01-08-2014, 09:29 AM
(01-08-2014 09:23 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(01-08-2014 09:14 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Seems like you're pushing the issue and forcing your shit on me at the moment.
Hypocrite.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  As for guns...meh. That is not necessary. America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense - and all the cops went fully paramilitary anyway.

Seems to be pushing his views on those government employees he wants you to murder.

Apparently the IRS is the new Gestapo.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
01-08-2014, 09:34 AM
(01-08-2014 09:22 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(01-08-2014 08:47 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Citation needed.

It may interest you to know - and I find it hard to credit that you were previously unaware - but there are, right now, literally thousands of different political systems in practise across this world of ours. This "bad system" appears to be one that exists only in your head.
You are correct. I would invite Luminon to take a look, for example, at Germany's unique governing system (one that your country tried and failed to adopt, cjlr Tongue) which allows parties with as a little as 5% of the overall votes to take part in the governing process. We have five different political parties working together over here right now. Smartass

You, and New Zealand - not quite unique.

There haven't actually been any national attempts at electoral reform, though there have been a number of provincial attempts. Most have been for STV, but in my province of Ontario we had a referendum on adopting MMP back in 2007. Given the strong undercurrent of conservatism here (of the strong skepticism to change variety, not necessarily political) we rejected it. The referendum was concurrent with a general election, so there wasn't a very good focus on it.

Anyway, it's very true that all countries are different, the reified monolithic paranoid fantasy "government" of ol' Lumi's delusions notwithstanding. Although it's kind of delightful that he only ever refers to the United States, because that's where his craptacular libertarian copypasta comes from.

... this is my signature!
[+] 4 users Like cjlr's post