Why Must Children Suffer? [The Astonishing Sequel]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
01-10-2013, 09:16 PM
RE: Why Must Children Suffer? [The Astonishing Sequel]
(01-10-2013 02:05 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Sorry--I was speaking of your faith. You can change this world in your imagination so that there is Heaven (pleasure and absence of pleasure/learning only) but not Hell. You are "halfway there". Good job.

Imagining a reality is a far stretch from believing said reality actually exists. I can enjoy Star Wars without thinking that Jedi, light sabers, and the Force actually exists. Way to fail PJ... Drinking Beverage

[Image: qce9oP7.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
02-10-2013, 01:25 PM
(01-10-2013 09:16 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(01-10-2013 02:05 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Sorry--I was speaking of your faith. You can change this world in your imagination so that there is Heaven (pleasure and absence of pleasure/learning only) but not Hell. You are "halfway there". Good job.

Imagining a reality is a far stretch from believing said reality actually exists. I can enjoy Star Wars without thinking that Jedi, light sabers, and the Force actually exists. Way to fail PJ... Drinking Beverage

WTF? Count Dooku and all that space opera %^&* is not rizzole' fo shizzole? Are you fo serious, dude?

And here I thought George Lucas was motivated by Sci-Fi, Dune, and the innate desire that most normal persons have to reach out to the force that binds and moves and interacts and rescues...

You're so right. Star Wars is a powerful myth that reaps benefit for its creators while participants know it's a myth. Of course, I didn't realize that when I said I was going back to DragonCon on Labor Day Weekend... now that ^&*& makes sense. They wuz costumes, cuz!

And so, theism is a powerful myth that reaps benefit for no one, right, except war profiteers and religious hacks like me, except the participants don't, like, know it's a myth. And YOU live to debunk the myth and save us all... SOYLENT GREEN IS MADE OUT OF PEOPLE... RELIGIOUS PEOPLE.

Dang. I deconverting to Cratheism again.

Maybe we can back to something important now, like, I don't know, how about, why must innocent children suffer?
02-10-2013, 02:03 PM
(02-10-2013 01:25 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Maybe we can back to something important now, like, I don't know, how about, why must innocent children suffer?

You didn't hear? We concluded that topic a while ago. God lost horribly, then made some excuse about having to travel across the universe to punish a budding humanoid civilization.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 1 user Likes guitar_nut's post
02-10-2013, 03:14 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2013 04:50 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(02-10-2013 01:25 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  And so, theism is a powerful myth that reaps benefit for no one, right, except war profiteers and religious hacks like me, except the participants don't, like, know it's a myth. And YOU live to debunk the myth and save us all...

Except you just didn't hear what authentic myth was because you went to Fundie Babble schools, and your ignorant American school taught you that was a pejorative term. Actually they DO know it's mythology and in fact they teach it, and write books about that fact.

Rudolph Bultmann : "Jesus Christ and Mythology"

Because you are a Fundie American literalist, who knows nothing about the various powerful forms of ancient world literature, you think "myth" is inauthentic.
In fact, mythology was precisely how pre-scientific cultures transmitted what they considered to be "truth".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating Yogi, CAAT-LY.
Living daily with the high tragedy of being #2 on Laramie Hirsch's ignore list.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
07-10-2013, 02:43 PM
(02-10-2013 03:14 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(02-10-2013 01:25 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  And so, theism is a powerful myth that reaps benefit for no one, right, except war profiteers and religious hacks like me, except the participants don't, like, know it's a myth. And YOU live to debunk the myth and save us all...

Except you just didn't hear what authentic myth was because you went to Fundie Babble schools, and your ignorant American school taught you that was a pejorative term. Actually they DO know it's mythology and in fact they teach it, and write books about that fact.

Rudolph Bultmann : "Jesus Christ and Mythology"

Because you are a Fundie American literalist, who knows nothing about the various powerful forms of ancient world literature, you think "myth" is inauthentic.
In fact, mythology was precisely how pre-scientific cultures transmitted what they considered to be "truth".

What is your evidence (documentary, empirical) that pre-scientific cultures used mythos to communicate truth? I think the religious ones except for the Bible writers were selling myths for the reasons atheists say new religions are produced today--to deceive, connive and steal, etc.

What is the evidence backing your assertion?