Why Must I Suffer Depression

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2014, 06:51 PM
RE: Why Must I Suffer Depression
(24-04-2014 06:27 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(24-04-2014 06:25 PM)Banjo Wrote:  You'll succeed.

I have read enough of your posts to know you have a good head on your shoulders.

Pretty soon today will be a memory.
Thumbsup

Well if I can manage it, it will go down as the day I got chocolate.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-04-2014, 07:12 PM
Take small dosages of sugar (in water, not Coke). You will certain feel a little better.

Want something? Then do something.
24-04-2014, 07:14 PM
(24-04-2014 07:12 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  Take small dosages of sugar (in water, not Coke). You will certain feel a little better.

Used the last of the sugar to make kool aid haha

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
25-04-2014, 06:20 AM
(24-04-2014 05:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-04-2014 05:44 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  If only it were that easy but it isn't at all.

Have you seen your doctor? Are you on medication?

Depression can be treated; you do not have to suffer.

Make sure the doc tests your testosterone levels. Even if you have muscles and the body of Adonis, you can still have low t.

I hope you feel better soon.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
25-04-2014, 06:25 AM
My wife found that theropy, meds, exercise and getting a job helps a lot with her mental stability. You can overcome this.

If you do not have money, there should be a local state mental heath facility you can go to for treatment. We live in a small town and there is no private mental health professionals so we actually go to the state facility for both my wife and daughter.
25-04-2014, 06:41 AM
I spotted this the other day. I don't know if it helps just knowing that you are not alone.

My 'lead weight' is diet related... too much wheat (bread, pasta etc.) the night before and I have mornings when it's a serious 50/50 as to going to class or taking an acid bath and dissolving into oblivion.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
25-04-2014, 06:51 AM (This post was last modified: 25-04-2014 06:58 AM by itsnotmeitsyou.)
Hug

Why is not the question you should be asking. There is no good answer for that when it comes to depression. Depression isn't logical or rational, it is a cruel bitch that giggles at your suffering.

Many of the suggestions here are good ones. Find a mental health provider and get on medication and/or therapy. Here is a mental health provider in your area that you may be able to get help at.

Quote:Fees are assessed based on the client's ability to pay. A coverage determination will identify a persons' ability to pay along with any public funding that might be available. No one is ever denied services due to their inability to pay. If you need mental health or substance abuse services and do not meet the requirements for the program or CMHA-CEI is not the appropriate provider to meet your needs, we will provide you with additional resources in the community that can assist you.

I went to a place similar to that here in Cleveland when I was in your shoes. They gave me therapy and medication and asked only that I pay the modest fees when I got back on my feet. There are caring people out there who will go to the ends of the earth to help a complete stranger. Let them so you can get on with your life and start feeling more like yourself again. Trust me, I know what you're going through and if I could give you that hug IRL, I would.

Come to think of it, there is an answer to your question. You shouldn't have to suffer, at least not in the way you are and certainly never alone. Even if you have to pay for your treatment later, it will be worth it in the long run.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
25-04-2014, 09:01 AM
[Image: tumblr_mznf1dS1An1rgi7odo1_400.gif]

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
28-04-2014, 07:02 PM
(24-04-2014 07:14 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(24-04-2014 07:12 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  Take small dosages of sugar (in water, not Coke). You will certain feel a little better.

Used the last of the sugar to make kool aid haha

Hi JDog.

I have treated literally thousands of patients with symptoms similar to yours.

Firstly, you need to go see a doctor. You need to to establish a rapport with him or her and be compliant with what they suggest. You cannot trust your own opinions and judgements at the present time.

Apart from that, there are some simple things you can do. Firstly get out in the sun. There is a high probability you have vitamin D deficiency, and that exacerbates depression. You are also probably zinc and magnesium deficient so go to a health food store and get good-quality zinc and magnesium into you. If you're drinking excessive alcohol stop that. Go for a walk every day, Or if you're up to it, Go for a run. Eat fresh, not processed food. Take omega 3's.

Keep talking. Take advice from people around you, even if that cost you a little money and effort.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-04-2014, 07:26 PM
(28-04-2014 07:02 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(24-04-2014 07:14 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Used the last of the sugar to make kool aid haha

Hi JDog.

I have treated literally thousands of patients with symptoms similar to yours.

Firstly, you need to go see a doctor. You need to to establish a rapport with him or her and be compliant with what they suggest. You cannot trust your own opinions and judgements at the present time.

Apart from that, there are some simple things you can do. Firstly get out in the sun. There is a high probability you have vitamin D deficiency, and that exacerbates depression. You are also probably zinc and magnesium deficient so go to a health food store and get good-quality zinc and magnesium into you. If you're drinking excessive alcohol stop that. Go for a walk every day, Or if you're up to it, Go for a run. Eat fresh, not processed food. Take omega 3's.

Keep talking. Take advice from people around you, even if that cost you a little money and effort.

Great advice from Mark. My daughter went through severe depression. She didn't even want to get out of bed and I found a psychologist for her and drove her there. I almost had to physically pick her up to get her there. After several sessions she started to be able to drive herself. She takes an antidepressant and along with the therapy is doing great and will be going off to college next fall.

There is hope even though you believe there isn't. Really, there is. If my daughter can come back from such a deep mental hole you can too. I swear you can.

HeartHugHeartHeart

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post