Why Not Just Advocate Human Rights?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2013, 02:38 PM
RE: Why Not Just Advocate Human Rights?
(30-07-2013 02:31 PM)nach_in Wrote:  
(30-07-2013 02:21 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  I can only argue about the feminists that live around me and spout their crap. I suppose that if I lived around feminists like the one in that video, whilst I still disagree about the merits of the movement, my opinion would probably change drastically but around me it has become crazy. The problem is that feminists range as far from thoughtful woman to crazy bitch. In my area the crazy ones are winning by a landslide.

So you're not talking about Feminism, you're talking about the group of so-called feminist in your area.

You base all your ideas on the few feminists you've encountered. And from that anecdotal data, you've made a gross generalization of ALL feminists. But you insist that you can't be bothered to read a book of any feminist, have you even googled "feminist academic book" or some query to that effect? Have you bothered to see if there's anything to feminism outside what you've encountered?

"so called feminists" seriously buddy? Who made you the moderator of who and who can't call themselves feminists? LOLOLOLOL

Ok have fun thinking you know the exact definition and all the theories around feminism. I'm not going to read a fucking idiotic feminist book when there is thousands of every kind of ideology behind feminism throughout the world. Do you want me to read 1000 books? The only thing that matters is what the people do in real life, not what the official theory is moron. Once you solve the pay issue or any issue using feminism only come find me and I will reconsider.

[Image: g-HitchensThinkSelf.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2013, 02:40 PM
(30-07-2013 02:38 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  
(30-07-2013 02:31 PM)nach_in Wrote:  So you're not talking about Feminism, you're talking about the group of so-called feminist in your area.

You base all your ideas on the few feminists you've encountered. And from that anecdotal data, you've made a gross generalization of ALL feminists. But you insist that you can't be bothered to read a book of any feminist, have you even googled "feminist academic book" or some query to that effect? Have you bothered to see if there's anything to feminism outside what you've encountered?

"so called feminists" seriously buddy? Who made you the moderator of who and who can't call themselves feminists? LOLOLOLOL

Ok have fun thinking you know the exact definition and all the theories around feminism. I'm not going to read a fucking idiotic feminist book when there is thousands of every kind of ideology behind feminism throughout the world. Do you want me to read 1000 books? The only thing that matters is what the people do in real life, not what the official theory is moron. Once you solve the pay issue or any issue using feminism only come find me and I will reconsider.

Your refusal to even view evidence contrary to your preformed opinions is very saddening. I had hope for you but you seem to be too close minded to actually converse with.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
30-07-2013, 02:43 PM
(30-07-2013 02:40 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(30-07-2013 02:38 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  "so called feminists" seriously buddy? Who made you the moderator of who and who can't call themselves feminists? LOLOLOLOL

Your refusal to even view evidence contrary to your preformed opinions is very saddening. I had hope for you but you seem to be too close minded to actually converse with.

I do view evidence and I have no preformed opinions idiot. Fuck you and your opinion of me, deal with the fact that I have a different opinion than you. You don't have enough evidence to convince me so say what you want, but I think your argument is bogus.

30-07-2013, 02:45 PM
I don't like to call them feminist because they're arrogan bitches that's all. But ok, call them feminist if you want, now can we get to the actual point of the debate? or are you going to keep deflecting?

I don't claim to know the exact definition of all theories around feminism, I do know some and those are enough for me to realize that there's more complexity and diversity in feminism than your anecdotal experience.
I don't say you have to read a thousand books, but read at least ONE, because if you think you'll get a well thought and educated philosophical and sociological analysis of society from a YOUTUBER, then you're just wilfully ignorant.

There's reason why atheist are more knowledgeable about religion and theology than most theists, and that's because they care to read and understand what they disagree with, unlike you with feminism.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
30-07-2013, 02:48 PM
(30-07-2013 02:45 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I don't like to call them feminist because they're arrogan bitches that's all. But ok, call them feminist if you want, now can we get to the actual point of the debate? or are you going to keep deflecting?

I don't claim to know the exact definition of all theories around feminism, I do know some and those are enough for me to realize that there's more complexity and diversity in feminism than your anecdotal experience.
I don't say you have to read a thousand books, but read at least ONE, because if you think you'll get a well thought and educated philosophical and sociological analysis of society from a YOUTUBER, then you're just wilfully ignorant.

There's reason why atheist are more knowledgeable about religion and theology than most theists, and that's because they care to read and understand what they disagree with, unlike you with feminism.

No we are done debating, you can go do your crusades in the name of feminism but don't expect help from me. This movement does not have the power to change a fucking thing here in America and will need at least 100 years to gain a hold in the middle east or africa. Fuck you and your books.

30-07-2013, 02:50 PM
yeah, fuck books!

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
30-07-2013, 02:56 PM
(30-07-2013 02:32 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  
Quote: 'Feminism' is not something you define. That's why you should read about it. To see what it actually is.

Yes it is. Every feminist has a different definition and ambitions for the movement.

Right. And their definitions and ambitions generally overlap, and generally have nothing to do with the absurd claims you've made.

(30-07-2013 02:32 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  
Quote:There isn't. Deal with it.

That's completely wrong. Here's one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvYyGTmcP80

Ah yes. Clearly that is both representative of major organizations and well-regarded academic publications, just as I specified.

(30-07-2013 02:32 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  Those feminists are singlehandedly leading the movement these days. Have fun with that.

Citation needed.

(30-07-2013 02:32 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  Give me a refutation on this using your superior feminist skills and understanding. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlSh6wBXePM Especially look at the segment where he talks about the pay situation that starts at 9:17. Although watch the whole video please. Thumbsup

One dumbass's fallacious 'refutation' of another random schmuck's list? What the fuck does that have to do with anything?

I have watched that entire video in the past. I have an aversion to idiocy such that I'd rather not do so again.

Perhaps the most special moments are when he flat out recognizes the truth and validity of the points he's addressing, but through some degenerate thought process manages to believe they have nothing to do with feminism.

But I shall mention the pay issue. He doesn't understand statistics any better than you do. The pay gap exists after other factors are accounted for. Whoops, there goes his moronic 'objection'.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
30-07-2013, 03:00 PM
(30-07-2013 02:50 PM)nach_in Wrote:  yeah, fuck books!

Fuck feminist books.

30-07-2013, 03:03 PM
(30-07-2013 03:00 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  Fuck feminist books.

[Image: stupid-meme1-300x200.jpeg]

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
30-07-2013, 03:03 PM
(30-07-2013 02:48 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  
(30-07-2013 02:45 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I don't like to call them feminist because they're arrogan bitches that's all. But ok, call them feminist if you want, now can we get to the actual point of the debate? or are you going to keep deflecting?

No we are done debating, you can go do your crusades in the name of feminism but don't expect help from me. This movement does not have the power to change a fucking thing here in America and will need at least 100 years to gain a hold in the middle east or africa. Fuck you and your books.

You truly wish to be ignorant your entire life? Whatever if you wish the play the part of a petulant child no one can force you to think critically, however in doing so you have made it so that your illformed and quite frankly wrong opinions can easily be ignored as that of a simpleton. You do yourself a disservice but what does one expect when close mindedness is touted as a virtue.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense