Why Not Just Advocate Human Rights?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2013, 03:03 PM
RE: Why Not Just Advocate Human Rights?
(30-07-2013 02:48 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  No we are done debating, you can go do your crusades in the name of feminism but don't expect help from me. This movement does not have the power to change a fucking thing here in America and will need at least 100 years to gain a hold in the middle east or africa. Fuck you and your books.

What crawled up your ass and stung you?

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2013, 03:05 PM
(30-07-2013 03:03 PM)cjlr Wrote:  What crawled up your ass and stung you?

The fact that he lost. Drinking Beverage

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
30-07-2013, 03:05 PM
"Right. And their definitions and ambitions generally overlap, and generally have nothing to do with the absurd claims you've made."

Citation needed.

"Ah yes. Clearly that is both representative of major organizations and well-regarded academic publications, just as I specified."

Since when do the major organizations and academic publications matter more than crazy idiots on the street? If there are any of those organizations they have done absolutely nothing for feminism lately.

I agree with this "dumbass" so I guess I am one too. Fuck off mister and maybe take some of your own advice sometimes about preconceived notions.

[Image: g-HitchensThinkSelf.gif]
30-07-2013, 03:08 PM
elegant_atheist's signature Wrote:To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.

-Thomas Paine

the irony is overwhelming!! Hobo

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
30-07-2013, 03:10 PM
(30-07-2013 03:05 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  I agree with this "dumbass" so I guess I am one too.

Well, at least you are right about something. You certainly are a dumbass.

30-07-2013, 03:11 PM
(30-07-2013 03:08 PM)nach_in Wrote:  
elegant_atheist's signature Wrote:To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.

-Thomas Paine

the irony is overwhelming!! Hobo

You're a fucking idiot. If I don't want to read your garbage books because your entire idea of a movement is a joke and your "theories" are ridiculous and stupid. You should be ashamed for thinking there is some difficult to understand enlightenment to be found by reading feminist garbage.

30-07-2013, 03:12 PM
(28-07-2013 02:29 AM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  I though marriage was a legal process, so how could there not be laws regulating how that process works?
1. Not it isn't. marriage is a ritual process and many marriages are not legally binding.
2. Your missing the point, the point being that the law gives special privileges to couple and this is unfair, though I disagree that this is 'patriarchal'.

Back on topic.
I think 'feminism' has become bit of a nonsense word if it wasn't to begin with, I haven't found any real 'definition' of feminism that anyone agrees on and though I understand the importance of feminism's founders these are not people I relate to or identify with.
On the whole perhaps feminism could be described as 'improving women's lot in life' then... eh whatever I'm a feminist, but is that meaningful when it can be anything from man-bashing to telling women how to live their lives?

I do agree with is that women's rights of greater importance, when you faced with social and legal inequality and you fight equally for everyone's right's, at the end of the day the inequality does not get fixed.

What I don't agree with is that this needs some sort of 'philosophy' or that you necessarily need to understand concepts like patriarchy or privilege or' background sexism' or 'background racism' to work in the interests of equality, personally, I don't understand the latter two,as a woman I don't think people picking on women is 'worse' because 'there's a background sexism that gives the man power over the woman' I think this is accepting that men have power over women, though I don't get picked on because of race so maybe that works differently.
30-07-2013, 03:13 PM
(30-07-2013 03:10 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(30-07-2013 03:05 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  I agree with this "dumbass" so I guess I am one too.

Well, at least you are right about something. You certainly are a dumbass.

Fuck off. You're just an old man that likes to patronize and degrade teenagers that disagree with you. That's evil and absolutely insane.

30-07-2013, 03:14 PM
(30-07-2013 03:11 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  You're a fucking idiot. If I don't want to read your garbage books because your entire idea of a movement is a joke and your "theories" are ridiculous and stupid. You should be ashamed for thinking there is some difficult to understand enlightenment to be found by reading feminist garbage.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0D4e9daopdKhkpI0k46h...hMVo_t8t6Q]

30-07-2013, 03:14 PM
(30-07-2013 03:13 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  
(30-07-2013 03:10 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Well, at least you are right about something. You certainly are a dumbass.

Fuck off. You're just an old man that likes to patronize and degrade teenagers that disagree with you. That's evil and absolutely insane.

[Image: u-mad-1.jpg]