Why Only Christianity?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2011, 11:08 AM
RE: Why Only Christianity?
So you made a thread to prove that there is a god like being capable of creating everything, but didn't create everything, but could if it really wanted to?
That's fun... So Q? You are talking about Q right? Correct me if I'm wrong here but your example sure sounds like Q.
Anyway not only have you not actually shown proof of that or any other god throughout this whole thread but you keep changing your terms. What you have done is akin to conjecture, which is actually kind of fun. Let's just call it like it is though shall we.
Also I'm not sure what the point is of discussing beings that may or may not exist that have the potential ability to create or destroy at will, but have never done so.
That would be a conversation that would never get anywhere because there couldn't be any proof one way or the other if they haven't done anything of interest. Of course I'm also pretty sure that isn't what you really mean when you are talking about god, I think you just change your terms so no one can prove you wrong.
Sorry if I'm an asshole but if there's a god it made me that way.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2011, 02:31 PM
(09-08-2011 01:10 PM)An_Actual_Theist Wrote:  To your statement about species and computers, self-awareness is the first step to consciousnesses. No animal (except maybe dolphins) and no computers have ever been self aware.
sez you

Quote:They need some mechanism to control themselves, which is conscience. How they make the choice and whether they are moral is a philosophical, not scientific, debate.

Well, that's kind of the point. As i pointed out - to no avail and as far as i can see, no awareness of same - your use of conscience is neither scientific nor philosophical, merely incorrect. Until you figure out what the words mean, nobody, including yourself, knows what you're talking about.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
Find all posts by this user
15-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Honestly it looks like we are never going to see this 'grand evidence' ... just continued ramblings from someone's PERSONAL views on god, which quite frankly I see enough of.

Theist just like many other theists has stated their point and won't budge... just like many other theists... so I consider this all moot.

Theist, when you are finally open to learning then I will be glad to see you debate.

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
Find all posts by this user