Why Some Hot Button Issues Aren't Resolved

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2016, 05:48 AM
Why Some Hot Button Issues Aren't Resolved
Anytime you have some "issue" -- abortion, gun control, LGBT rights ---- you don't really have "Two sides" to the issue..

You have four sides to the issue...

The Pro.
The Anti.
The "don't give a fuck".
And
The people making money off the issue.

The reason the issue can't be resolved is probably less the vehemence of the Pro and Anti camp ---

But, the clever playing of the two sides by the people making the money by keeping the issue a "hot button".

Do you think the people at the "National Right to Life" -- or for that matter the NRA - really WANT the issue settled????

Are you shitting me???

Who tries to do such a good job, that they make themselves unemployed????

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
19-06-2016, 05:56 AM
RE: Why Some Hot Button Issues Aren't Resolved

Banana_zorroBanana_zorroBanana_zorro

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
19-06-2016, 06:09 AM
(19-06-2016 05:48 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Anytime you have some "issue" -- abortion, gun control, LGBT rights ---- you don't really have "Two sides" to the issue..

You have four sides to the issue...

The Pro.
The Anti.
The "don't give a fuck".
And
The people making money off the issue.

The reason the issue can't be resolved is probably less the vehemence of the Pro and Anti camp ---

But, the clever playing of the two sides by the people making the money by keeping the issue a "hot button".

Do you think the people at the "National Right to Life" -- or for that matter the NRA - really WANT the issue settled????

Are you shitting me???

I feel this is precisely it.

It's like trying to convince my parents that there's really no real difference between the Republicans and the Democrats - the two parties really do more to benefit each other than truly be at odds. I mean sure, they'll filibuster the shit out've one another.. but in the end, it's all about the Lobby money. When you see massive donations like the Kochs brothers donate to BOTH parties during a General election? You know this bi-partisan party thing is fucked.
My parents though, and others like them? Completely blind to it. They're the types who consider the Dems "Libtards" yet don't realize how far right Bill managed to swing the Dems, and how far right Hillary is. They also don't realize how far left Romney was in his own state while Governor or the fact that Trump was a registered Dem for quite a while before this race.

Bring up the fact that both sides actually benefit one another and it's deemed "too conspiracy theory" for them, despite the fact that they contest the Dems are always out to smear or subdue their conservative rights - who's the conspiracy theorist now?

I see both sides playing the issues to basically, have the masses run in circles while they make the money. It's not a crack pot idea. It's so basic of an idea that fucking Eisenhower called it when he left office!
"Beware the Military Industrial Complex"
I mean, just what do they think he was implying? Do my parents even know what the dude was saying?
Course not... *sigh*

For what it's worth, the massive machines of deception have certainly done a great job in influencing people and keeping them dumb. Bravo 1%, bravo...
[+] 3 users Like Einharjar's post
19-06-2016, 09:58 PM
Also referred to as the fine art of making "political hay". Practiced by virtually every politician that has ever crawled out from under its rock for the simple reason that they'd have to work for a living if they weren't inventing problems that they don't want solved.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
19-06-2016, 10:19 PM
Bread and circuses ...
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
20-06-2016, 01:04 PM (This post was last modified: 20-06-2016 01:08 PM by TrainWreck.)
Well, hear, hear! Drooling

(19-06-2016 05:48 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The reason the issue can't be resolved is probably less the vehemence of the Pro and Anti camp ---

Obviously, you think something is fishy - is it all because the government is not following the great Constitution of 1787?

(19-06-2016 06:09 AM)Einharjar Wrote:  For what it's worth, the massive machines of deception have certainly done a great job in influencing people and keeping them dumb. Bravo 1%, bravo...

Is it possible that that is a symptom of an inadequate constitution???

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
20-06-2016, 01:39 PM
Meh...who cares? Tongue

Cool

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces