Why THAT avatar?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-10-2015, 12:45 PM
Why THAT avatar?
Sometimes I wonder what the thought process was for some members when they chose their avatars. Other times it's obvious. I also wonder sometimes what the hell it is I'm looking at, so I thought it might be a fun thread to get your explanations.

I'll start: My avatar is the naked man from Rush's 2112 album. He signifies the man who rebels against the unyielding rulers of society that love to squash individuality or lifestyles against the grain. I'm a huge fan of Rush and since I'm an atheist I can relate to the naked man rebelling against the tyranny of the Red Star.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like WillHopp's post
06-10-2015, 12:50 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2015 12:59 PM by KidCharlemagne1962.)
RE: Why THAT avatar?
Mine is of the Scottish philosopher David Hume. His comments on miracles and the like have always seemed pretty accurate to me.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
06-10-2015, 12:51 PM
Mine's the so-called pillars of creation, a Hubble image of part of the eagle nebula. I like all the Hubble pictures, but it's one of my favorites.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
[+] 8 users Like Imathinker's post
06-10-2015, 12:53 PM
Mine's a picture of myself, playing guitar. Seemed like a good choice.
[+] 5 users Like Mr. Boston's post
06-10-2015, 12:53 PM
ギルモン

It is like my spirit animal,plus my childhood digimon.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
06-10-2015, 12:55 PM
Picture of my clarinet, my piano, and one of my holy books (Schubert Impromptus).
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
06-10-2015, 12:57 PM
No comment.
[+] 10 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
06-10-2015, 12:57 PM
Many people may recognize mine as the spokesmen for Hotels.com. Captain Obvious. (Obviously)
I like it as being a comical character, I think it describes me pretty well. I'm no Genius but sometimes I feel the most Obvious answers are missed by people. And I should point them out.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 7 users Like Commonsensei's post
06-10-2015, 01:02 PM
Mine is like god....it's just not there. Tongue

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 20 users Like dancefortwo's post
06-10-2015, 01:03 PM
I didn't have one until Full Circle suggested the bear in this thread and I decided I liked it.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post