Why THAT avatar?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-10-2015, 11:13 PM
RE: Why THAT avatar?
(06-10-2015 11:09 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Offtopic

You must be new here.

Welcome to the forum!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Free Thought's post
06-10-2015, 11:53 PM
A fellow forum user made my avatar and signature (UndercoverAtheist) and I really like the minimalist, red-black nature of it. Plus it's custom and a wonderful gift from someone I really valued.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 3 users Like Atothetheist's post
07-10-2015, 12:33 AM
That's Me and Clara III (Yamaha CSV clarinet) in the avatar. Pic is from a photo shoot done by a friend this past spring. Not only do I have a clarinet in the picture, but with the low-key lighting I also get to channel My inner Black Robe. Angel
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like Astreja's post
07-10-2015, 01:27 AM
Picture of penguin Gandalf is something that I found funny so I made it my avatar.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 11 users Like Szuchow's post
07-10-2015, 01:42 AM
Because it's my true form.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 8 users Like JDog554's post
07-10-2015, 04:33 AM
Mine is a picture of Thufir Hawat, the mentat master of assassins from the House Atreides.

If you are not familiar with the book or movie Dune, the mentats are human computers capable of exercising advanced levels of logic and reason. Now I don't claim to be 1/10 as intelligent as some of the people here, but compared to society at large, with it's discarding of reason and the blind allegience to religious ideologies, I feel like a mentat. That, and I possess crazy eyebrows

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
[+] 9 users Like Octapulse's post
07-10-2015, 04:46 AM
(06-10-2015 05:40 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(06-10-2015 12:45 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Other times it's obvious.

Big Grin

I love my Gwynnies! I used to have Georg Cantor, but being a dusty ol' fuck my own self, I wanted something livelier. So then I chose my other favorite thing Kristen Stewart before surrendering to the inevitable. Big Grin

I changed it back to Georg - way too many Gwynnies. Way, way, way too many Gwynnies. Big Grin

living word
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
07-10-2015, 05:10 AM
(07-10-2015 12:33 AM)Astreja Wrote:  That's Me and Clara III (Yamaha CSV clarinet) in the avatar. Pic is from a photo shoot done by a friend this past spring. Not only do I have a clarinet in the picture, but with the low-key lighting I also get to channel My inner Black Robe. Angel

My Bb is a Yamaha CS. My bass is also a Yamaha. (Eefer and A are Buffet)
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
07-10-2015, 06:37 AM
Mine is the are you serious meme, which was made from a face David Silverman (of American Atheists) made after Bill O'Reilly said something to the effect of "Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that!".

The sheer incredulity on his face was priceless. I often make that face when reading various theistic claims, so it seemed fitting to use it as my avatar.

[Image: 1cb884b991597db0bb1a537708d42ed5.jpg]

If I were shave down to a mustache and goatee, I'd look sort of like that meme, although I don't really look like Silverman at all. Both of my daughters assumed the meme was a picture of me when I'd used it as my profile on my PC when I'd log in.
[+] 12 users Like RobbyPants's post
07-10-2015, 07:53 AM
(07-10-2015 06:37 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Mine is the are you serious meme, which was made from a face David Silverman (of American Atheists) made after Bill O'Reilly said something to the effect of "Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that!".

The sheer incredulity on his face was priceless. I often make that face when reading various theistic claims, so it seemed fitting to use it as my avatar.

[Image: 1cb884b991597db0bb1a537708d42ed5.jpg]

If I were shave down to a mustache and goatee, I'd look sort of like that meme, although I don't really look like Silverman at all. Both of my daughters assumed the meme was a picture of me when I'd used it as my profile on my PC when I'd log in.

I always thought you looked like Wil Wheaton IRL.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post