Why THAT avatar?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-10-2015, 04:50 PM
RE: Why THAT avatar?
Mine is a depiction of the intense bond between man and beast;
that we are all predators - it's just the prey that differs.

Laugh out load Not really. That's me holding my late buddy Angelo.

He wasn't late when the picture was taken. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 12 users Like Chas's post
06-10-2015, 04:53 PM
(06-10-2015 04:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-10-2015 04:39 PM)DLJ Wrote:  This thread will make very little sense to someone reading it a couple of years from now.

Undecided

Yabut, who are you? Consider

He's the International Man of Mystery.

Who else could he be?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
06-10-2015, 04:58 PM
Why THAT avatar?
I asked cheapthrillseeker to craft a literal Cardinal Smurf for me and she was a dear. I think he looks dashing!

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 4 users Like Cardinal Smurf's post
06-10-2015, 05:01 PM
I made it in Adobe Illustrator. It's based on the atheist A swirl, coupled with part of a gear.

Because clockwork requires gears 'n' stuff.
[+] 6 users Like Clockwork's post
06-10-2015, 05:03 PM
My grandfather was a fisherman and well know for landing marlins. For a time my grandparents owned The Marlin Club in Hatteras Village, NC. That area is all about marlins. I have one tattooed on my leg.

I chose that picture of the marlin fighting because I couldn't find a good one of a marlin tail-walking.

I changed it for a short time around Christmas one year to Cindy Lou Who from 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas' when a bunch of us were switching to holiday avatars. I think I will stick with the one I have.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post
06-10-2015, 05:23 PM
(06-10-2015 03:51 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(06-10-2015 03:39 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I effectively am a 24 year old Stewie Griffin.
At this point, I read everything you write in Stewie's voice.
Nice, so it wasn't just me!

(06-10-2015 04:01 PM)cactus Wrote:  This is a cactaur from the Final Fantasy series. He may look cute, but he will fucking murder you 3x over before you even know what hit you! Angel
I feel you man, those are hard hitting, near-impossible to kill effers. 100,000 needles should never have been invented. I wonder what the first game they appear in is...I don't remember them in 2 or 3 (Aka 4/6). Hmm....(I could do an inet search, but I think it's more fun to not Tongue)

(06-10-2015 04:27 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Mine is a gif of Kyon (a character from the anime series The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
Hah, a fitting show for this site. I didn't especially love or hate it, but a good series. Why it's fitting (actual spoiler to follow):
wasn't the main female character actually god, she just had no idea?

(06-10-2015 05:03 PM)Anjele Wrote:  My grandfather was a fisherman and well know for landing marlins.
Holy crap. No joke, this entire time I thought yours was a picture of an airplane.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 3 users Like Adrianime's post
06-10-2015, 05:26 PM
I dabbled in primatology during the course of my anthropology degree. I have the utmost respect for our hairy cousins.
[+] 4 users Like ghostexorcist's post
06-10-2015, 05:40 PM
(06-10-2015 12:45 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Other times it's obvious.

Big Grin

I love my Gwynnies! I used to have Georg Cantor, but being a dusty ol' fuck my own self, I wanted something livelier. So then I chose my other favorite thing Kristen Stewart before surrendering to the inevitable. Big Grin

living word
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
06-10-2015, 06:03 PM
I usually use an avatar, simply because I am a private kind of guy. I chose this avatar due to recently realizing that I am a pyrophiliac (that's not pyromaniac!). I nicked it from somewhere on the internet. I really enjoyed Post 34 here, for example.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
06-10-2015, 06:05 PM
(06-10-2015 05:40 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(06-10-2015 12:45 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Other times it's obvious.

Big Grin

I love my Gwynnies! I used to have Georg Cantor, but being a dusty ol' fuck my own self, I wanted something livelier. So then I chose my other favorite thing Kristen Stewart before surrendering to the inevitable. Big Grin

I really miss how that avatar demonstrated her versatile range of emotions . . .

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
[+] 5 users Like Octapulse's post