Why Trump/GOP are dangerous.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2016, 09:31 AM
These fucking assholes rightfully condemn the theocracies of the Middle East, and despite our history of moving away from religious laws over our history, these current GOP have had 40 years of being hijacked by the Christian right and their RNC platform is to literally do what Islamic countries do and use government to directly indoctrinate kids through public schools.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/educ...c-schools/

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Brian37's post
28-07-2016, 12:26 AM
RE: Why Trump/GOP are dangerous.
(15-07-2016 09:31 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  These fucking assholes rightfully condemn the theocracies of the Middle East, and despite our history of moving away from religious laws over our history, these current GOP have had 40 years of being hijacked by the Christian right and their RNC platform is to literally do what Islamic countries do and use government to directly indoctrinate kids through public schools.

very scary how they don't see they are "the kettle calling the pot black" with this line of policy very scary

My tolerance done not extend to your intolerance Angel
Find all posts by this user
28-07-2016, 03:54 PM
(28-07-2016 12:26 AM)no_s_sherlock Wrote:  
(15-07-2016 09:31 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  These fucking assholes rightfully condemn the theocracies of the Middle East, and despite our history of moving away from religious laws over our history, these current GOP have had 40 years of being hijacked by the Christian right and their RNC platform is to literally do what Islamic countries do and use government to directly indoctrinate kids through public schools.

very scary how they don't see they are "the kettle calling the pot black" with this line of policy very scary

It isn't so much that they don't see it as that they don't care.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
28-07-2016, 03:58 PM
My Dog is better than your Dog, or do I have that spelled backwards?
28-07-2016, 05:13 PM
There are a lot of whack job religious GOP politicians out there. I wish they would shut the fuck up about it and pray in private.

However, I don't think Trump is very religious. I think he panders to them for a vote.

I would rather have Christians running the country than Muslims doing it. The Muslims put Atheists to death.
28-07-2016, 05:24 PM
And the fucking jesus freaks would be right there with them if they thought they could get away with it.

They do not hate the imams. They are jealous of their power!

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 3 users Like Minimalist's post
28-07-2016, 08:52 PM
(28-07-2016 05:24 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  And the fucking jesus freaks would be right there with them if they thought they could get away with it.

Come on bro. You and I see eye to eye on religion most of the time but I have to disagree with you on this.

There might be some deranged christards that would murder the non believers but 99.99% wouldn't. I grew up and currently live in the Bible Belt. The worst reaction that I've had by telling a Christian that I am an Atheist is they feel sorry for me because I'm going to hell.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
29-07-2016, 09:08 AM
(28-07-2016 08:52 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Come on bro. You and I see eye to eye on religion most of the time but I have to disagree with you on this.

There might be some deranged christards that would murder the non believers but 99.99% wouldn't. I grew up and currently live in the Bible Belt. The worst reaction that I've had by telling a Christian that I am an Atheist is they feel sorry for me because I'm going to hell.

Living in Oklahoma, I can sort of agree with you there. There is this southern manner that is kind of odd. The only danger these religious people have is being willingly ignorant and denying empirical evidence as well as pressuring their views on others. Otherwise, nice folks.
[+] 1 user Likes TheMoralist's post
29-07-2016, 09:55 AM
(28-07-2016 03:54 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 12:26 AM)no_s_sherlock Wrote:  very scary how they don't see they are "the kettle calling the pot black" with this line of policy very scary

It isn't so much that they don't see it as that they don't care.

I wouldn't say they don't care, but far to many dont, but those who do are lead by politicians who don't. Before Jerry Fartwell hijacked the republican party, most republicans stayed out of politics, and at one time did advocate the separation of church and state.

Teddy and Lincoln and even Jefferson, if they ran today, they would be running as democrats. The founders were certainly for freedom of religion, but today's right sell the bullshit idea that it means allowing for a religious social pecking order. If that were the case, then why did they fail to mention a mandate oath in the Oath of Office requiring you swear to the Christian God?

Because of they were wise enough having been subject to the sectarian tribalism prior to the revolution, that making religion public policy caused far too much division. Madison is credited for writing the First Amendment, but it never gets taught enough that he was heavy influenced by Jefferson's Virginia Religious Freedom Act which was his prototype.

The utter stupidity of our current right wing is that they cannot see the benefit of Jefferson's wall, even between the different sects. And all you have to do to know how wise Jefferson and Madison and Adams and Paine, ect....were, is to look at the sectarian fighting between different sect of Muslims in the Middle East.

I think our current population of both left and right Christians, fail to understand this, even many liberals. There are right wing tea party Baptists using the very same bible as black Baptists. The Catholic league is conservative while other sects are liberal. And many baptists and Catholics don't consider Mormons "true Christians".

This was the conflict Jefferson had to deal with in Virginia during a far more theocratic time prior to the Constitution. And to our benefit he convinced the state of Virginia to leave out laws that compel religious oaths or forced contributions or forced attendance.

Unfortunately today, of the successful revisionism that Jerry Fartwell sold, we are dealing with the same theocratic attacks Jefferson sought to put an end to. So much so that the needless fear by the right has taken a once truly neutral party to a level of threat that generations of progressives have fought.

The most vile successful tactic was to turn the word "secular" into a pejorative slur. That word never meant "godless government", but "neutral". "Sect" stems from the word "section", and when you put it in context of "sectarian" you are referring to a specific narrow SECTION of a population. The Sunni dominated Saudi Arabia is not godless, but run by one dominate sect. The Shiite dominated Iran is run by one dominate sect, which makes them both sectarian, not secular, not neutral.

The other vile tactic is when they call Stalin's Russia, or North Korea, "secular", no hardly. "Sectarian" also applies to one sect of one political party. Between 40 years of GOP cold war demagoguery and Jerry Falwell's hijacking of the GOP, the word "secular" has gone from a valued concept of equal protection, to one falsely and insidiously used as a form of exclusion.

Jefferson would be horrified by the GOP and our religious right.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
29-07-2016, 10:15 AM
(28-07-2016 08:52 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 05:24 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  And the fucking jesus freaks would be right there with them if they thought they could get away with it.

Come on bro. You and I see eye to eye on religion most of the time but I have to disagree with you on this.

They've been suppressed for centuries, man. Wake up and smell the roses. Jesusism has a long history of violent oppression. Its in their DNA and they'd get back to it in a heartbeat if they thought they could.

These motherfuckers are not harmless assholes.... but they are assholes.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post