Why Trump/GOP are dangerous.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2016, 10:34 AM
RE: Why Trump/GOP are dangerous.
(29-07-2016 10:15 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 08:52 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Come on bro. You and I see eye to eye on religion most of the time but I have to disagree with you on this.

There might be some deranged christards that would murder the non believers but 99.99% wouldn't. I grew up and currently live in the Bible Belt. The worst reaction that I've had by telling a Christian that I am an Atheist is they feel sorry for me because I'm going to hell.

They've been suppressed for centuries, man. Wake up and smell the roses. Jesusism has a long history of violent oppression. Its in their DNA and they'd get back to it in a heartbeat if they thought they could.

These motherfuckers are not harmless assholes.... but they are assholes.

Anyone who has read my posts over different websites over several years knows I don't pull punches with ANY religion, not Christians, not Jews, not Muslims, or even Hindus or Buddhists and will when needed, go after the claims of my fellow atheists.

Some on the right, and even liberals too, would try to equate that to the demagoguery of Trump. NO, there is a huge difference between blasphemy of bad ideas, bigots and violent people, which is the right thing to do, and demagoguery of entire groups which is a form of presumption of guilt BEFORE someone has given a reason, as an individual to cause one to suspect them.

Hitchens was right in calling religion poison, he wasn't saying we should become genocidal monsters to rid the world of any religion, but in that everyone in human history since the first written ones must be viewed for pragmatic reasons, as potential volcanos, or if you will, a loaded gun. Most of the time the volcano is dormant, or some are more active than others. Some guns never get fired as much while others get fired all the time.

Our species evolved to be tribal and religion is really an artificial excuse to set up social structures and power structures, and even within the same umbrella labels there are competing sub sects that do not agree on how the holy writings should be interpreted or which sect or holy icon to follow. No religion in the world is immune to these division, just that some divisions are more pronounced and active. The cure isn't to force religion out of existence, but more to the point that education more of the world's population, that a label does not automatically determine that an individual will only do good. I've said it many times in that there is not one nation friend or foe alike, that does not have hospitals or prisons. That says to me that our species morality is in us, not religion not old books and not even in nationalities.

Religion teaches humans to hate individuals they have never met. And again, you cant force it out of existence, but to ignore that dark side is what leads to the exploding volcano or or loaded gun being fired.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2016, 11:03 AM (This post was last modified: 29-07-2016 11:17 AM by Mr. Boston.)
We're not really even electing a president here. I read somewhere earlier today (maybe another thread here?) that it's projected that the Democrats will likely take the Senate and the Republicans will likely keep control of the House. So regardless of who wins our beloved gridlock will continue.

What we're really voting for here is Supreme Court Justices. The next president could potentially nominate up to 4 which has the potential to change our society for a generation, maybe even permanently. If it's Trump we are utterly and completely fucked. I don't like Hillary - but I like civil rights, including equal rights for all gender and ethnic minorities. And I'm particularly fond of the separation of church and state - flimsy and gossamer as this barrier may very well be at the moment. If Trump appoints 4 justices they could do permanent damage.

So I don't look at this as casting a vote for Hillary in November - I'm casting a vote for the type of Supreme Court Justices I want on the bench for my kids' future.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Mr. Boston's post
30-07-2016, 07:50 AM
(29-07-2016 10:15 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 08:52 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Come on bro. You and I see eye to eye on religion most of the time but I have to disagree with you on this.

There might be some deranged christards that would murder the non believers but 99.99% wouldn't. I grew up and currently live in the Bible Belt. The worst reaction that I've had by telling a Christian that I am an Atheist is they feel sorry for me because I'm going to hell.

They've been suppressed for centuries, man. Wake up and smell the roses. Jesusism has a long history of violent oppression. Its in their DNA and they'd get back to it in a heartbeat if they thought they could.

Who has suppressed them?

Answer: Themselves.

The religion has evolved over the years to where they are less Old Testament and more of a "I'll pray for you" culture.

Now don't get me wrong. I don't like Christianity one bit but it has changed over the years.

I expect that Islam will do the same but they are not there yet and may not get there in my lifetime.

Again, I am not defending religion but let's be real about this.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
30-07-2016, 07:20 PM
(28-07-2016 08:52 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 05:24 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  And the fucking jesus freaks would be right there with them if they thought they could get away with it.

They do not hate the imams. They are jealous of their power!

Come on bro. You and I see eye to eye on religion most of the time but I have to disagree with you on this.

I grew up a Seventh Day Adventist, and over the years I have challened the Advrntists that if they were a majority they would probably put in laws against shopping on Saturday. I never once heard one say "NO we sure would not!" THeir answers are always a lot closer to "Yes, because that is what God wants!
30-07-2016, 07:46 PM
(30-07-2016 07:50 AM)KUSA Wrote:  
(29-07-2016 10:15 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  They've been suppressed for centuries, man. Wake up and smell the roses. Jesusism has a long history of violent oppression. Its in their DNA and they'd get back to it in a heartbeat if they thought they could.

Who has suppressed them?

The religion has evolved over the years to where they are less Old Testament and more of a "I'll pray for you" culture.

Now don't get me wrong. I don't like Christianity one bit but it has changed over the years.

I expect that Islam will do the same but they are not there yet and may not get there in my lifetime.

Christianity did not do so on its own - it was dragged unwillingly, its secular power taken away by governments.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
30-07-2016, 08:47 PM
(30-07-2016 07:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-07-2016 07:50 AM)KUSA Wrote:  Who has suppressed them?

Christianity did not do so on its own - it was dragged unwillingly, its secular power taken away by governments.

... after its schism prompted the Thirty Years' War which saw millions killed. Christianity was defanged precisely because of its bloody influence.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
31-07-2016, 06:42 PM
(30-07-2016 07:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-07-2016 07:50 AM)KUSA Wrote:  Who has suppressed them?

I wish the Islamic nations would do that. Instead, they want to force Sharia on everyone.
31-07-2016, 06:57 PM
(31-07-2016 06:42 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(30-07-2016 07:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  Christianity did not do so on its own - it was dragged unwillingly, its secular power taken away by governments.

I wish the Islamic nations would do that. Instead, they want to force Sharia on everyone.

It has happened in a few place - Turkey and Iraq for example, and those for different reasons. In Turkey, Mustafa Kemal Ataturk made a modern, secular state, while in Iraq, Saddam Hussein was all about personal power not to be shared with the mullahs.

Similar forces acted in Europe and the Americas over the centuries.

[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
31-07-2016, 08:13 PM
Quote:Turkey and Iraq for example,

In Turkey the current shit seems determined to reverse that and Iraq is simply in constant turmoil because the various muslim fucktards can't stop blowing each other up.

They need to reach an Age of Enlightenment which, among jesus freaks, came 12 centuries after they started to burn people at the stake for doctrinal differences. The muslims are not even close and, with the advent of nuclear weapons, I don't think they are going to get there.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 3 users Like Minimalist's post
31-07-2016, 08:58 PM
(31-07-2016 08:13 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:Turkey and Iraq for example,

In Turkey the current shit seems determined to reverse that and Iraq is simply in constant turmoil because the various muslim fucktards can't stop blowing each other up.

They need to reach an Age of Enlightenment which, among jesus freaks, came 12 centuries after they started to burn people at the stake for doctrinal differences. The muslims are not even close and, with the advent of nuclear weapons, I don't think they are going to get there.

To be fair, it didn't go all that smoothly in the West. No

With the advent of nuclear weapons, they may not be given the time to get there. Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post