Why We Let Theists Stay On Our Forum: Because We Have No Fear

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2014, 11:02 AM
RE: Why We Let Theists Stay On Our Forum: Because We Have No Fear
I can tell you that many of them do NOT think the Christianity is a lie. They do believe it.
That belief, to them, is VITAL for the salvation of their soul from an otherwise heinous eternal fate.

What they DO know, however, is that the object of their faith cannot be proven, and so if their faith is at all delicate, then it can be shaken or ruined by "so-called" evidence of contrary ideas. If they allow their faith to be shaken, they believe they are disappointing or betraying God... or worse, they are not and never have been a Christian, in which case they believe they are going to Hell.

Remember, the Christian teachings have people and ideas belonging, generally, to two "kingdoms:" the kingdom of Light and the kingdom of Darkness. Good and evil, God and Satan. It is taught that the way to salvation will only be found by relatively few people, and that an assault on faith will be especially prominent in "the last days" to such an extent that the population of those whose faith can endure it will be rather sparse.

It's not that they believe their faith is a lie. It's that they know it can't be proven physically and that the "devil" and those in the "kingdom of darkness" will use this to their advantage to try to "deceive" as many as possible, keeping them from "the truth" and thus causing them to end up in Hell forever.

Christians are taught to very very dilligently guard their faith. Hold onto it despite everything that would try to break it down. That's just the enemy trying to ruin your faith. Don't let "him" win. etc. etc. etc. For them, it's a cosmic battle. To them, an Atheist on their forums is more than just a person asking questions and sharing ideas; an Atheist on their forums is both a soul needing salvation AND an agent of darkness who brings temptation, discord, and other things that are potentially spiritually deadly to members of their board.

Just letting you guys know.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Charis's post
29-06-2014, 11:14 AM
(29-06-2014 11:02 AM)Charis Wrote:  I can tell you that many of them do NOT think the Christianity is a lie. They do believe it.
That belief, to them, is VITAL for the salvation of their soul from an otherwise heinous eternal fate.

What they DO know, however, is that the object of their faith cannot be proven, and so if their faith is at all delicate, then it can be shaken or ruined by "so-called" evidence of contrary ideas. If they allow their faith to be shaken, they believe they are disappointing or betraying God... or worse, they are not and never have been a Christian, in which case they believe they are going to Hell.

Remember, the Christian teachings have people and ideas belonging, generally, to two "kingdoms:" the kingdom of Light and the kingdom of Darkness. Good and evil, God and Satan. It is taught that the way to salvation will only be found by relatively few people, and that an assault on faith will be especially prominent in "the last days" to such an extent that the population of those whose faith can endure it will be rather sparse.

It's not that they believe their faith is a lie. It's that they know it can't be proven physically and that the "devil" and those in the "kingdom of darkness" will use this to their advantage to try to "deceive" as many as possible, keeping them from "the truth" and thus causing them to end up in Hell forever.

Christians are taught to very very dilligently guard their faith. Hold onto it despite everything that would try to break it down. That's just the enemy trying to ruin your faith. Don't let "him" win. etc. etc. etc. For them, it's a cosmic battle. To them, an Atheist on their forums is more than just a person asking questions and sharing ideas; an Atheist on their forums is both a soul needing salvation AND an agent of darkness who brings temptation, discord, and other things that are potentially spiritually deadly to members of their board.

Just letting you guys know.

This is exactly why I don't waste my time with debating "is god real"

You cant get anywhere with someone who believes in magic, leans on faith and/or doesnt value repeatable evidence, so why bother.

I'm more likely to step in when it comes to separation of church and state and other human issues caused by religion.
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
29-06-2014, 11:29 AM
(29-06-2014 11:02 AM)Charis Wrote:  ...
an agent of darkness who brings temptation, discord, and other things that are potentially spiritually deadly to members of their board.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Dodgy

Wink

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
29-06-2014, 11:32 AM
(28-06-2014 10:43 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  We've had several members on here talk about how they went on a religious forum and got immediately kicked off the minute they brought up anything about questioning religion. Not even trolling - just for trying to have a civil conversation about religion and atheism. Yet, we don't take this attitude with them when they come our forum. Why is that?

The answer is really quite simple: Because we have no fear.

Religious sites are scared shitless of atheists coming onto their forums asking people to question their beliefs, because deep down inside they know it's a lie. They know that they only believe in their religion because of indoctrination - the same reason why people of all other religions believe in theirs. Like any other religion, they can't prove the existence of their deity, let alone the nonexistence of the countless other deities from other religions.They are living in a technologically advanced modern day world, where they are constantly faced with believing in ridiculous fairy tales like Moses parting the Red Sea, a guy named Noah building a giant boat and putting 2 of every animal in the world on it for 40 days and nights, talking snakes, and burning bushes that talk. All this magic crap that they laugh at in other religions, but believe to be true in theirs because they want to hold onto their indoctrination.

Our attitude: "You want to have a serious debate on religion thinking you can convince me to come over to your side? Bring it on!"

Couldn't have said it better. Just an fyi I hope you know it was more than just 2 of every animal and more than 40 days and night they were on the ark. Just making sure you have the right information for future religious debates Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes MrKrispy601's post
29-06-2014, 11:52 AM
(29-06-2014 11:02 AM)Charis Wrote:  It's that they know it can't be proven physically and that the "devil" and those in the "kingdom of darkness" will use this to their advantage to try to "deceive" as many as possible, keeping them from "the truth" and thus causing them to end up in Hell forever.
Brain washing at its best. Don't even think that what we are telling you might be untrue, those that tell you otherwise are minions of Satan sent to deceive, because they want to glory in your demise into the fiery pits of hell.

How can people believe this shit!
29-06-2014, 12:13 PM
(29-06-2014 11:02 AM)Charis Wrote:  Christians are taught to very very dilligently guard their faith. Hold onto it despite everything that would try to break it down.
Well said. It's interesting to note that even Christian apologists like William Lane Craig admit that they believe that faith (WLC uses the term "inner witness of the Holy Spirit") ultimately trumps any evidence that doesn't support their view.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
29-06-2014, 12:48 PM
I am waiting for the day a creationist walks by here. I am getting bored and I want to win something.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
29-06-2014, 03:32 PM
(29-06-2014 11:52 AM)Stevil Wrote:  
(29-06-2014 11:02 AM)Charis Wrote:  It's that they know it can't be proven physically and that the "devil" and those in the "kingdom of darkness" will use this to their advantage to try to "deceive" as many as possible, keeping them from "the truth" and thus causing them to end up in Hell forever.
Brain washing at its best. Don't even think that what we are telling you might be untrue, those that tell you otherwise are minions of Satan sent to deceive, because they want to glory in your demise into the fiery pits of hell.

How can people believe this shit!

I find it amusing how that "the Bible and my priest/pastor warned me about evil people who would challenge my faith!" argument is an obvious brainwashing technique that goes right over their heads. It's like "Oh, you mean somebody told you to believe in a bunch of lies and then warned you that anybody who tells you those lies are not true is wrong and evil? Did it ever occur to you that they told you this to prevent you from challenging their bullshit, and keep you a subservient little sheep?"

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
29-06-2014, 03:53 PM
(29-06-2014 10:59 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(29-06-2014 10:20 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  Theists are frightened by the fact that atheists exist. It is a cautionary lesson to them that people can reject their bullshit and get on with their lives without it.

They cannot deal with that reality.

What I don't understand is how they don't realise that god us made us this way... it's all part of its/her/his plan.

Wink

Some of them are just plain stupid.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
29-06-2014, 04:14 PM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2014 06:21 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
(28-06-2014 10:43 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  We've had several members on here talk about how they went on a religious forum and got immediately kicked off the minute they brought up anything about questioning religion. Not even trolling - just for trying to have a civil conversation about religion and atheism. Yet, we don't take this attitude with them when they come our forum. Why is that?

The answer is really quite simple: Because we have no fear.

Religious sites are scared shitless of atheists coming onto their forums asking people to question their beliefs, because deep down inside they know it's a lie. They know that they only believe in their religion because of indoctrination - the same reason why people of all other religions believe in theirs. Like any other religion, they can't prove the existence of their deity, let alone the nonexistence of the countless other deities from other religions.They are living in a technologically advanced modern day world, where they are constantly faced with believing in ridiculous fairy tales like Moses parting the Red Sea, a guy named Noah building a giant boat and putting 2 of every animal in the world on it for 40 days and nights, talking snakes, and burning bushes that talk. All this magic crap that they laugh at in other religions, but believe to be true in theirs because they want to hold onto their indoctrination.

Our attitude: "You want to have a serious debate on religion thinking you can convince me to come over to your side? Bring it on!"

what's to fear? They are always at a distinct disadvantage, they believe in an un-provable delusional fairy tale Yes

I feel pity for them most times, it is just sad for an adult to believe in such ridiculous things.......I think jesus is santa claus for adults...... LaughatDrooling

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)