Why Would God Care?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2014, 02:00 PM
Why Would God Care?
Why would god care what anyone thinks of him? He is all powerful. Why would an omnipotent being care about Church attendance and what people think of him? Why the fuck would he care what I or anyone else thinks of him? It seems awfully childish for a supreme being to be worrying about this stuff.

For example, I don't recognize Pakistan as a country (it is integral territory of the Republic of India), but Pakistan doesn't give a shit. Even if I write a letter to the Pakistani ambassador saying that I believe his government to be an illegal separatist-Islamist-terrorist entity, he won't care. Pakistan isn't going to freak out "Oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck, someone doesn't believe we are a real country! Send him to be tortured for the rest of his life as an example!" So why would God care what anyone thinks of him?

It reminds me of when a Moslem attacked Jaclyn Glenn, he said something along he lines of "Try spitting on the moon, you cannot diminish its glory. That is like Muhammad." If that is the case and Muhammad is great no matter what anyone says about him, why lose you shit whenever someone points out that he fucked a 9 year old? If God is so omnipotent and shit why does he care for the worship of men? Why does he care that atheists don't believe in him?

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2014, 02:19 PM
RE: Why Would God Care?
If you notice, it is God's followers. not God, that gets upset. God has never come to me, or sent an angel, or placed a burning bush in front of me to let me know that he is angry. Wink

Please visit my blog at whatisatheism.blogspot.com.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Shawn's post
26-08-2014, 03:19 PM
God doesn’t exist. Men created him in their own likeness.

“God” is a fabricated figure who has always been all about power.

One of man’s main ambitions is to be powerful; to rule over others. “God” is nothing more than a sock puppet for priests or other religious raconteurs.

The “God” concept was originally used for the benefit of the Jewish clerical caste; to give priests prestige, power and wealth. In later times the Roman government and the Christian priesthood promoted God’s existence for the same reasons - to control and profit from the public.

“God” kept commoners bowing to priests and kings, paying their tithes and taxes, slaves in shackles, women submissive to men, and wayward adolescents obeying their parents.

That's why "God" gives a fuck.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 11 users Like Mark Fulton's post
26-08-2014, 04:48 PM
(26-08-2014 03:19 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  God doesn’t exist. Men created him in their own likeness.

“God” is a fabricated figure who has always been all about power.

One of man’s main ambitions is to be powerful; to rule over others. “God” is nothing more than a sock puppet for priests or other religious raconteurs.

The “God” concept was originally used for the benefit of the Jewish clerical caste; to give priests prestige, power and wealth. In later times the Roman government and the Christian priesthood promoted God’s existence for the same reasons - to control and profit from the public.

“God” kept commoners bowing to priests and kings, paying their tithes and taxes, slaves in shackles, women submissive to men, and wayward adolescents obeying their parents.

That's why "God" gives a fuck.

I like this answer. Better than anything else I could think of. Which is nothing.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post