Why a Catholic Monarchy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-01-2014, 10:25 PM
Why a Catholic Monarchy?
(04-01-2014 09:33 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Ok lets start with an easy one you said you favor a catholic monarchy, why is this?

At first, I was a Republican. I voted for that party, because it held a standard that was the closest to my morals.

After that, I swayed Libertarian and voted for Ron Paul during the primaries. This was because the Republicans have shown themselves to be hypocrites and unable to stand up for what they represent.

After seeing subversive cheating tactics during the Ron Paul primary campaign, it dawned on me that our electoral policy was quite fixed, and I have since adopted the opinion that the US is run by a single bi-factional political party that has clear goals that in no way represent me.

Then, I discovered a video of a monarchist. In short, I quickly adopted the pro-monarchy stance because of Charles Coulombe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac1d0E1bLgg

In addition to this, it seems to me that a monarchy on earth is what closest represents the hierarchy one can expect in Heaven. So, why not emulate that?

-

Excl On the ignore list: Taqiyya Mockingbird, Minimalist, DemonicLemon, GirlyMan, WhiskeyDebates, and EvolutionKills.
-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2014, 05:44 AM
RE: Why a Catholic Monarchy?
(04-01-2014 10:25 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  In addition to this, it seems to me that a monarchy on earth is what closest represents the hierarchy one can expect in Heaven. So, why not emulate that?

'Cos there ain't no heaven.

I ain't watching no movies of fat dude.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 7 users Like morondog's post
05-01-2014, 05:53 AM
Nope.

Communism best represents the hierarchy one can expect in Heaven.

Obviously.

Rolleyes

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
05-01-2014, 07:07 AM
So basically you accept choosing a ruler based on who their parents were rather than on their qualifications? ... and you do so based on the idea that revolutions often don't really benefit the people? ... and you think that if you have a hereditary monarch people will rebel more and the king would have to comply with the will of the people more? I'm not following your logic at all.

And you also think this logic applies in heaven? You think that God will have to comply with the will of the people? Did you watch this video before posting it?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 3 users Like Hafnof's post
05-01-2014, 07:35 AM
Wait what ?
Kim or Angie or Dom or Rora for Queen.
Screw the king thing. I can deal with that.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." (from a House of Commons speech on Nov. 11, 1947) Winston Spencer Churchill.

Can someone please tell me what planet these people live on ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
05-01-2014, 07:51 AM
(05-01-2014 07:35 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Can someone please tell me what planet these people live on ?

Planet Fuck-You-I-Love-Only-Jesus.

Hey OP, you gonna make a case or were you just posting a lame OP so you can say "I went to that atheist forum for serious discussion and they just laughed at me and said unmentionable things about Jesus, BlessedBeHisHolyName. And they didn't even watch my youtube movie which explained everything much better than I can." ?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
05-01-2014, 08:00 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2014 08:53 AM by The Germans are coming.)
(04-01-2014 10:25 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  At first, I was a Republican. I voted for that party, because it held a standard that was the closest to my morals.

I am a Republican, in the European sence, meaning that I believe in representation through the people in a parlaiment limited and protected by a constitution. That means that I am also ok with monarchy as long as the monarch is appointed by the people, like it is in Spain, The Netherlands and Sweden, and it means that a monarchy must have a constitution that limits powers as well.

Quote:After that, I swayed Libertarian and voted for Ron Paul during the primaries. This was because the Republicans have shown themselves to be hypocrites and unable to stand up for what they represent.

You seem to believe in that outdated concept that a party - as soon as it is elected - can do however it want until reelected. The concept is authoritarian and does not belong into any democratic society. Compromising with the opposition is an essential part of any democratic society if it wants to work.

Quote:After seeing subversive cheating tactics during the Ron Paul primary campaign, it dawned on me that our electoral policy was quite fixed, and I have since adopted the opinion that the US is run by a single bi-factional political party that has clear goals that in no way represent me.

Yes! I see it as your countries greatest weakness that you have a two party system and that your state electoralseat ways of electing a president makes no sence.

Quote:Then, I discovered a video of a monarchist. In short, I quickly adopted the pro-monarchy stance because of Charles Coulombe.

Dont get this wrong.

I wont watch it.

Because I dont accept videos or historic quotes as arguments in a debate. If there are important arguments in this video, please summerise them.

Quote:In addition to this, it seems to me that a monarchy on earth is what closest represents the hierarchy one can expect in Heaven.

Not everyone believes in your religion and what you believe heaven is like.

Quote: So, why not emulate that?

Because catholic rule over protestants and protestant rule over catholics in Europe has caused some of the worst and bloodiest attrocities in European history.

When the protestant Dutch demanded independence from catholic Spain, the Pope sentenced all Dutch people to death and started a very bloody 80 year war. The 30 years war between protestant and catholic forces in Europe is considered to be the first great catastrophy brought on humans by humans themselves.
In fact for the past 400 years, from the Hugenot massacres in France to the brutal supression of catholicism in Poland after it`s partition, almoust all wars in Europe were fought between catholic and protestant nations.
It is the reason why all European countries are secular, not because the state is atheist, but because all should be treated equal. Which is a lesson learnd out of 400 very bloody years of conflict between catholics and protestants.

A seperation of religious power from governance is required to ensure that secterian conflict is not caused.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 10 users Like The Germans are coming's post
05-01-2014, 09:03 AM
Quote:"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." (from a House of Commons speech on Nov. 11, 1947) Winston Spencer Churchill.

Churchill said that....I wonder if he was right. He was, after all, the man who masterminded the Gallipoli disaster. Just because he says something does not make it true.

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
05-01-2014, 11:52 AM
(04-01-2014 10:25 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 09:33 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Ok lets start with an easy one you said you favor a catholic monarchy, why is this?

At first, I was a Republican. I voted for that party, because it held a standard that was the closest to my morals.

After that, I swayed Libertarian and voted for Ron Paul during the primaries. This was because the Republicans have shown themselves to be hypocrites and unable to stand up for what they represent.
So, even the RepubliTard party wasn't batshit-crazy enough for you. Check.

Quote:After seeing subversive cheating tactics during the Ron Paul primary campaign, it dawned on me that our electoral policy was quite fixed, and I have since adopted the opinion that the US is run by a single bi-factional political party that has clear goals that in no way represent me.

You believe everything you think, I see. Bad omen....

Quote:Then, I discovered a video of a monarchist. In short, I quickly adopted the pro-monarchy stance because of Charles Coulombe.

In addition to this, it seems to me that a monarchy on earth is what closest represents the hierarchy one can expect in Heaven. So, why not emulate that?

Just how do you suppose you are going to establish a catholic monarchy in the US, moron? By coup? You seriously underestimate the resolve of free men and women.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
05-01-2014, 11:59 AM
(05-01-2014 11:52 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Just how do you suppose you are going to establish a catholic monarchy in the US, moron? By coup? You seriously underestimate the resolve of free men and women.

[Image: 1351737293781_funny-pictures_zpsd6397527.jpg]

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post