Why a Catholic Monarchy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2015, 08:44 PM
RE: Why a Catholic Monarchy?
What a childish fool. He would actually sacrifice the good of the entire realm, just to be able to (of course) lay blame, and assign guilt. How Catholic of him. He values blame and guilt over the good of a nation. He's not neurotic. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
18-04-2015, 08:47 PM
(18-04-2015 08:44 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  What a childish fool. He would actually sacrifice the good of the entire realm, just to be able to (of course) lay blame, and assign guilt. How Catholic of him. He values blame and guilt over the good of a nation. He's not neurotic. Weeping

Well that is easier to deal with, I mean it would be catastrophic for the people living there but it would remove the need to think.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
18-04-2015, 09:00 PM
(18-04-2015 08:41 PM)morondog Wrote:  "We're fucked, but it's all this one guy's fault, so that's OK, at least we know who to blame" ? Rolleyes I think you're trolling at this point.

Please stay on topic, folks.

So...yes? A king is more accountable than both the government of a direct democracy as well as the government in a representative democracy. Right?

I'm not putting forth a scenerio. I revived this year-old thread a handful of days ago in post #69 with these questions to see what others here would conclude.

-

Excl On the ignore list: Taqiyya Mockingbird, Minimalist, DemonicLemon, GirlyMan, WhiskeyDebates, and EvolutionKills.
-
18-04-2015, 09:02 PM
(18-04-2015 08:47 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(18-04-2015 08:44 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  What a childish fool. He would actually sacrifice the good of the entire realm, just to be able to (of course) lay blame, and assign guilt. How Catholic of him. He values blame and guilt over the good of a nation. He's not neurotic. Weeping

Well that is easier to deal with, I mean it would be catastrophic for the people living there but it would remove the need to think.

Such doubters. Look how well Catholic monarchies did in, say, 1478. Drinking Beverage

Ferdinand and Isabella ordered the expulsion of all Jews and Muslims from their realms of Castile and Aragon, thus ending the most enlightened period in European history where Christians, Muslims, and Jews lived and worked together in peace.

And they, of course, were responsible for the Spanish Inquisition.

Ah, the good old days.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
18-04-2015, 09:12 PM
(18-04-2015 09:00 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  
(18-04-2015 08:41 PM)morondog Wrote:  "We're fucked, but it's all this one guy's fault, so that's OK, at least we know who to blame" ? Rolleyes I think you're trolling at this point.

Please stay on topic, folks.

So...yes? A king is more accountable than both the government of a direct democracy as well as the government in a representative democracy. Right?

I'm not putting forth a scenerio. I revived this year-old thread a handful of days ago in post #69 with these questions to see what others here would conclude.

So fucking what if a king is more "accountable", (in fact that's not true, as the consequences of the deposition have not even been thought about). The GOOD of the nation is what has to be maximized, not the blame/gult laying process. This fool is saying that he values the ease of (blame laying) accountability over the good of a nation. What a dolt.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
18-04-2015, 09:13 PM
(18-04-2015 09:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  Such doubters. Look how well Catholic monarchies did in, say, 1478. Drinking Beverage...

Another red herring.

Tell me, Chas. Are you capable of answering my question in post #69? Are you capable of reading the question and forming an answer? Several, already, have spoken up about what they think the best choice is. Do you have the ability to do the same?

-

Excl On the ignore list: Taqiyya Mockingbird, Minimalist, DemonicLemon, GirlyMan, WhiskeyDebates, and EvolutionKills.
-
18-04-2015, 09:20 PM
(18-04-2015 09:13 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  
(18-04-2015 09:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  Such doubters. Look how well Catholic monarchies did in, say, 1478. Drinking Beverage...

Another red herring.

Tell me, Chas. Are you capable of answering my question in post #69? Are you capable of reading the question and forming an answer? Several, already, have spoken up about what they think the best choice is. Do you have the ability to do the same?

Do you have the ability to get your head out of your ass? A monarchy isn't even a rational consideration, nor is direct democracy in a large, varied population.

I didn't and don't take your question seriously because it is an ignorant and foolish one.

And my post was not a red herring - it is direct evidence of what a Catholic monarchy is like.

18-04-2015, 09:24 PM
(18-04-2015 09:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  I didn't and don't take your question seriously because it is an ignorant and foolish one.

Laughat Laugh out load Clap

You never can give an honest answer.

-

-
18-04-2015, 09:30 PM
(18-04-2015 09:24 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  
(18-04-2015 09:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  I didn't and don't take your question seriously because it is an ignorant and foolish one.

Laughat Laugh out load Clap

You never can give an honest answer.

Partial quote? You are an ass.

I answered it. Read it again - I suspect it was too subtle for you.

18-04-2015, 09:37 PM
(18-04-2015 09:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  Partial quote? You are an ass.

I answered it. Read it again - I suspect it was too subtle for you.

Partial quote? Ha. Gimme a break.

It's like you're a school child with a multiple-answer test who decides to ignore the test itself, and you start drawing all over the paper.

Here, let me re-paste it for you with numbers. Put the numbers in the order that you think is best according to the question.

Then, state why you answered in such a way, if you dare. Drinking Beverage

Which form of government of these three choices would be held most accountable and would be the most DIFFICULT to corrupt?

#1 Representative democracy
#2 Direct democracy
#3 Constitutional monarchy

In what order would you put them in terms of government accountability?

Why do you think this?

-

-

-