Why a Catholic Monarchy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2014, 05:26 PM
RE: Why a Catholic Monarchy?
When I first read the title of this thread I saw "Why a Catholic Matriarchy?" and I thought "Why not? I've been living in a Catholic Matriarchy for 30 years. I like it. It's good." ... and then I reread the title. Weeping

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
16-01-2014, 05:56 PM
(16-01-2014 12:30 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  
(16-01-2014 10:03 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  To be fair to those crazy monarchies Chas, can you think of any other system or group of unreasonable, authoritarian governments that don't have a permanent record written in blood?

The barbarism of others does not justify someone elses barbarism.

I think you missed the implication that no authoritarian governmental system has ever existed without a whole lotta blood being spilled on history.

And streets.
And side walks.
And also on peoples own homes.
Occasionally on people's children watching their parents die.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
16-01-2014, 08:32 PM
(09-01-2014 10:45 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  Just a quick question. What do you mean by a catholic monarch. I also enjoy the idea of a catholic monarch however I still believe the institutions should be seperate. Would your monarch be under the direct command of the pope or would he just use catholic teaching as a basis for running the government.

For crying out fucking loud. Why am I not surprised. Hobo

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
16-01-2014, 08:45 PM
(16-01-2014 09:38 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Meanwhile, and laughably, America has relinquished most of her sense of purpose, and we are deteriorating. There is no cohesive vision to drive this place any longer.

Complete and utter bullshit. An ad hoc assertion you have no hope in the world of supporting with data. Typical religiotard drivel.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
16-01-2014, 09:12 PM
(16-01-2014 08:45 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(16-01-2014 09:38 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Meanwhile, and laughably, America has relinquished most of her sense of purpose, and we are deteriorating. There is no cohesive vision to drive this place any longer.

Complete and utter bullshit. An ad hoc assertion you have no hope in the world of supporting with data. Typical religiotard drivel.

*As if* there ever really was one.
It has got to be a "nostalgia" for the 40's or 50's thingy.
These people must be ancient. I really am not an "ageist" as some of my best friends are my great aunt's friends, but jeezsus.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
16-01-2014, 10:12 PM
(16-01-2014 09:12 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  *As if* there ever really was one.

"Wipe out the injuns, keep down the darkies, and bury the gays" was pretty popular for a while.

The good old days!

Yeah, I'll take so-called drifting, purposeless modern day tolerance decadence ( Rolleyes ) over that any day.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
18-01-2014, 08:56 PM
Howdy. Not much time today. I'm in between things. But I can respond a little.

@ The Germans are Coming

You asked:
Quote: Do you ever do reasearch on what you post?
Sure I do, but not as much as I used to. There's other material that feeds my opinion on monarchy, but it's material I've already read in the past and cannot readily recall, especially at this moment. For example, I'm considering making some references to Regine Pernoud's book "Those Terrible Middle Ages."

Quote:It is my personal conviction that the only correct way to have a political opinion is to constantly question it and have it questioned.

I therefor seize every opertunity to have my opinions questioned and to defend them.
I guess this is where we have to agree to disagree. I do not lay too much stock in my political opinion. I just don't think it's that important. If I was in office or running for office, it'd be a different story. But I don't ever intend to do anything like that.

As you can probably guess, I put priorities on other things.

Quote:Being surrounded by people who disagree with you, is not a excuse for not defending yourself.
Revenant77x, asked me why I entertain the idea of a Catholic Monarchy and (little by little) I've been explaining why. What is to defend?

I said:
Quote: It is probably arguable that [political groups'] desire for [a] utopian goal—this ideal—is helping to deliver them some kind of success.

You said:
Quote:I doubt that. Politics has almoust always been about confronting the current situation rather than long term planning - since that has always gone wrong when tried.

...and you later said:
Quote: I go [vote] because of current issues and the solutions proposed. Not because of promises of some distant utopia.

Again, I disagree. I think that political parties and movements have some sort of idea of what they want, and they try to attain that through their policies. We may have to agree to disagree there, as well.

Not much time, I have to end it there. I want to reply to the historical and demographic points later. All I have time for now and probably tomorrow is easier small talk.

-Laramie

-

Excl On the ignore list: Taqiyya Mockingbird, Minimalist, DemonicLemon, GirlyMan, WhiskeyDebates, and EvolutionKills.
-
18-01-2014, 09:03 PM
Is Mr. Catholic King-a-ma-jig gonna defrock some more priests from his cult ?
Vatican caught lying again.
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2014/01/17...d-priests/

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
19-01-2014, 04:28 AM
(16-01-2014 10:48 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  This is why I disengaged. He has no rationale for his stance other than it sounds nice to him. He is ignorant of history, politics, and economics and has so far made no case as to why a monarchy would be a good idea. It is very much like hearing a young anarchist go on about how they would love for anarchy to rule then when pressed they don't even have a coherent definition of anarchy.

I don't understand, Revenant77x. How can you make such quick accusations?

Is it because I didn't come crashing out in the original post with a boatload of text to pour over? The thread is only 6 pages, still.

I mean, what are you looking for?

:shrug:

You say I'm ignorant of history, politics, and economics, but you've only just "met me," so to speak.

Were you wanting me to perhaps refer to a Catholic monarch I admire, such as St. Louis IX of France?

-

Excl On the ignore list: Taqiyya Mockingbird, Minimalist, DemonicLemon, GirlyMan, WhiskeyDebates, and EvolutionKills.
-
19-01-2014, 06:46 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Laramie-Hirsch/e/B005F1QPF8
I get it. This Catholic monarchy shit is more of his fantasy literature. Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post