Why a Catholic Monarchy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2014, 06:50 AM
RE: Why a Catholic Monarchy?
(19-01-2014 06:46 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  http://www.amazon.com/Laramie-Hirsch/e/B005F1QPF8
I get it. This Catholic monarchy shit is more of his fantasy literature. Thumbsup

I do believe the words "fell into diversion" could apply to me as well. Tongue

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2014, 07:43 AM
There are some ideas that are simply so ludicrous that there is no point in trying to rebut them or even discuss them beyond pointing out the fallacy.
Catholic monarchy is a prime example of one.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
19-01-2014, 01:05 PM
(16-01-2014 09:38 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Then why vote? If you have no idea of how you want things to work, then what is it that keeps you going to a ballot box?

Because, motherfucker:

[Image: sitemgr_photo_544.jpg]

[Image: no-mitt.jpg?1346248158]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
19-01-2014, 01:08 PM
(19-01-2014 06:50 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(19-01-2014 06:46 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  http://www.amazon.com/Laramie-Hirsch/e/B005F1QPF8
I get it. This Catholic monarchy shit is more of his fantasy literature. Thumbsup

I do believe the words "fell into diversion" could apply to me as well. Tongue

"Born in Tulsa, Oklahoma, Laramie Hirsch grew up studying the Bible and attending Baptist church, but later he converted to the Catholic Church in September 2001. After graduating from Oklahoma State University in 2004, Hirsch became disillusioned with a hopeless career in academia and fell into diversions. Hirsch fell into a period of traveling to many large American cities and camping in various climates. "My favorite places are deserts, mountains, and swamps," says Hirsch. After a brief period in Southeast Asia, Hirsch returned to America and channeled his energy into the medical field. According to Hirsch: "If you are going to study the humanities, what better place than a hospital?" After a life of meeting a wide variety of people of all shapes and sizes, Hirsch has decided to direct his writing style toward not just the oddities of reality, but fantasy literature as well."

That sounds like it was written by LamieHirsch himself. Funny how self-revealing it is.

-- And NOT in a good way.

Rolleyes

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
19-01-2014, 08:09 PM
Back for a short moment.

@ The Germans are coming

I said that good living standards and good social standards are two different things, and that a lot of things have happened for European society to have become materially prosperous and yet socially disastrous.
Then, you asked me for some examples.

My first example of social disaster was the European Union:

Quote: in Europe you have running water and toilets, electronics, markets, cars, and modern amenities.
However, you have the European Union, which has been destroying the sovereignty of nations, which is run by super rich powers.

You said:

(16-01-2014 10:36 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Actualy no. The EU is an economic union firstly, private citizens can open buisnesses in other EU countries without having to pay special taxes and EU member countries are forbidden from putting special taxation on imports and exports to other EU countries. It simply is a free market zone for the EUropean continent. The political union was only established in the 1990s and it hardly has any power whatsoever, all it pritty much does is put very light restrictions on health policies and enviormental policies.
The European high court for human rights simply ensures that all countries abide to democratic standards.
Europol simply exchanges data on criminals within EU police authorities.

Policy is therefor still decided by the nations and the union is almoust always divided on what should be done.

I've always found it interesting how sedate a lot of Europeans have been about the European Union. Yes, it started off as an economic union, and yes, it sort of has remained an economic union for the last 20 years, and it seemingly has not transformed into a "United States of Europe."

However, what will the countries in the EU look like in a century from now? Or two centuries (if it lasts that long)? The potential for it to morph into a full-blown federal state is there. Perhaps these concerns are the old conservative Republican in me.

But it is quite true that many people in Europe do not want to belong to the European Union. Norway, as just one example, refuses to be in the EU in order to avoid agricultural tarrifs and to protect oil resources.
From what I've read, there's been a lot of nationalist uprising against the EU.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/19/opinio...f=opinion&

You have LePen's National Front, and the Golden Dawn in Greece. And Ireland has recently just seen the emergence of a new Irish political party (National Independent Party) which is in opposition to the EU. http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/i...-1.1654842

But we both know that there's opposition to the EU. Chiefly, for now, because of the consequence of migrants.
If a country is in the EU, then anyone in the EU can go to that country to work. So, TO BE HYPOTHETICAL HERE, if the Greek economy goes to crap, they can all migrate to, say, France and work there. Before you know it, you have an enormous load of Greeks pouring into France and taking what was once thought to be French jobs. The Greeks work, live, and have families in France. After a generation, a large portion of French people are displaced by the Greek workers, and perhaps in two or three generations, France is no longer french.

True, the "economic union" did not at first appear to be jeopardizing the nations within the EU. But after twenty years, we start to get a taste of the beginning of ruin--in the form of the current migration crisis that many are frustrated with and others ignore.

I do not view the destruction of European nation states as a good thing. But if you take away borders, language, and culture…they’ve got no chance.

Trying to take this back to the original topic, I'd think that if there were a Catholic Monarchy, borders, language, and culture would have been preserved, and this experimentation we see with the European Union would not have taken place.

-

Excl On the ignore list: Taqiyya Mockingbird, Minimalist, DemonicLemon, GirlyMan, WhiskeyDebates, and EvolutionKills.
-
19-01-2014, 08:52 PM
(19-01-2014 08:09 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  I do not view the destruction of European nation states as a good thing. But if you take away borders, language, and culture…they’ve got no chance.

You have absolutely nothing to back up that bald-ass, ad hoc assertion with.

Quote:Trying to take this back to the original topic, I'd think that if there were a Catholic Monarchy, borders, language, and culture would have been preserved, and this experimentation we see with the European Union would not have taken place.

A LOT of things wouldn't have taken place. Most of them being what makes this world a better place to live in. You would prefer the stone age. Just go to the Taliban-controlled regions of Pak or Afghanistan to see what your catholiKKK monarKKKy would look like.

20-01-2014, 12:24 AM
(19-01-2014 08:52 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(19-01-2014 08:09 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  I do not view the destruction of European nation states as a good thing. But if you take away borders, language, and culture…they’ve got no chance.

You have absolutely nothing to back up that bald-ass, ad hoc assertion with.

Quote:Trying to take this back to the original topic, I'd think that if there were a Catholic Monarchy, borders, language, and culture would have been preserved, and this experimentation we see with the European Union would not have taken place.

A LOT of things wouldn't have taken place. Most of them being what makes this world a better place to live in. You would prefer the stone age. Just go to the Taliban-controlled regions of Pak or Afghanistan to see what your catholiKKK monarKKKy would look like.

Yeah but that is filthy infidel Muslim barbarism, not good, saintly Catholic barbarism.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
21-01-2014, 11:52 PM
(19-01-2014 08:09 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Trying to take this back to the original topic, I'd think that if there were a Catholic Monarchy, borders, language, and culture would have been preserved, and this experimentation we see with the European Union would not have taken place.

Well, a Catholic monarchy of sorts was foisted on My Norwegian and Icelandic ancestors at swordpoint circa 1000 CE, with Olaf Tryggvason the primary culprit. I'm not eager to repeat that particular social experiment any time soon, as we're still sorting out the syncretic mash-up of Christianity and old Norse traditions, including but not limited to the Yule symbolism in Christmas and four days of the week (Tuesday through Friday, named after Tyr, Oðinn, Thor and Frigga, respectively).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Astreja's post
15-04-2015, 12:32 PM
I read about someone supporting direct democracy today, and I thought of an interesting question.

Which form of government of these three choices would be held most accountable and would be the most DIFFICULT to corrupt?

Representative democracy
Direct democracy
Constitutional monarchy

In what order would you put them in terms of government accountability?

Why do you think this?

-

Excl On the ignore list: Taqiyya Mockingbird, Minimalist, DemonicLemon, GirlyMan, WhiskeyDebates, and EvolutionKills.
-
16-04-2015, 02:07 PM
[Image: -hell-no.jpg]

How about a secular republic? I am against monarchy even when ceremonial. A powerless monarchy is just pretend totalitarianism in a democratic system.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!