Why am I prone to infections?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2014, 12:22 AM
Why am I prone to infections?
I have shrugged off nearly every single flu season that has ever happened ever! When I get a cold, It is maybe out of every 10-15 colds actually holds me back.

But for the life of me, I cannot go very long without getting an infection of some kind.

I don't live in dirty conditions or anything. When I was 25, my appendix crapped out on me. In two year span, I got an ear infection, stomach infection, and strep throat.

Now a couple years has passed and I got an Abscess in my upper gums in the soft tissue. I went to the hospital and a doctor poked it with a needle to let all the puss out into some gauze. Now I am on another antibiotic to take care of it and I have to go call my Dentist Monday to set up an appointment that may result in loss of whatever teeth the Abscess is originating from.

I hope that does not happen but..WTF? I just woke up one day with a swollen face and a lump in my mouth. Talk about scary shit! Could had been anything! Cancer, Gum disease or whatever. I hope since I think its in the soft tissue it is not actually a infected root. I do not want too and cannot afford a root canal. Even with insurance. I have to pay like $800.00 to get something like that done. Insurance does not cover non preventive care.

meh. I hate being me sometimes.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2014, 12:34 AM
RE: Why am I prone to infections?
Hope for your sake it's not an infected root on one of your teeth. I battled that from April into June this year. Sore tooth, then face swollen up. Antibiotics then three days after that all swelled up again. One regular dentist visit and two visits to the endodontist - about six hours in the chair before it was over. I think it was three different kinds of antibiotics by the end of it all.

The only good thing is they drilled right through my crown and I didn't have to pay for a new one.

My dentist said it was a very important tooth - it is a damn expensive tooth that will get pulled if it ever acts up again. YIKES!

Don't wait to get it taken care of. That only makes it worse.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
09-11-2014, 01:23 AM
(09-11-2014 12:22 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I have shrugged off nearly every single flu season that has ever happened ever! When I get a cold, It is maybe out of every 10-15 colds actually holds me back.

But for the life of me, I cannot go very long without getting an infection of some kind.

I don't live in dirty conditions or anything. When I was 25, my appendix crapped out on me. In two year span, I got an ear infection, stomach infection, and strep throat.

Now a couple years has passed and I got an Abscess in my upper gums in the soft tissue. I went to the hospital and a doctor poked it with a needle to let all the puss out into some gauze. Now I am on another antibiotic to take care of it and I have to go call my Dentist Monday to set up an appointment that may result in loss of whatever teeth the Abscess is originating from.

I hope that does not happen but..WTF? I just woke up one day with a swollen face and a lump in my mouth. Talk about scary shit! Could had been anything! Cancer, Gum disease or whatever. I hope since I think its in the soft tissue it is not actually a infected root. I do not want too and cannot afford a root canal. Even with insurance. I have to pay like $800.00 to get something like that done. Insurance does not cover non preventive care.

I get sick a lot, too. There is a lot we don't know in the health science field, especially in immunology. I have allergies, and I'm more prone to parasitic infections than the general population, as the same white blood cell is responsible for both. I'd love to spend the money to have testing performed, but I just can't spare it right now. I also have hemochromatosis, another type of blood disorder responsible for storing excess iron. The same side of the family with hemochromatosis also has lupus, asthma, eczema, and ulcerative colitis - all immune related. I have the worst allergies in the family.

If you think you are sick much more than the general population, maybe you should ask about getting your IgG level checked. There are infusions available, covered by most insurance companies, to treat it. It's a simple blood test.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
09-11-2014, 02:17 AM
(09-11-2014 01:23 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(09-11-2014 12:22 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I have shrugged off nearly every single flu season that has ever happened ever! When I get a cold, It is maybe out of every 10-15 colds actually holds me back.

I get sick a lot, too. There is a lot we don't know in the health science field, especially in immunology. I have allergies, and I'm more prone to parasitic infections than the general population, as the same white blood cell is responsible for both. I'd love to spend the money to have testing performed, but I just can't spare it right now. I also have hemochromatosis, another type of blood disorder responsible for storing excess iron. The same side of the family with hemochromatosis also has lupus, asthma, eczema, and ulcerative colitis - all immune related. I have the worst allergies in the family.

If you think you are sick much more than the general population, maybe you should ask about getting your IgG level checked. There are infusions available, covered by most insurance companies, to treat it. It's a simple blood test.

Nurse, you sure are handy to have around! Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
09-11-2014, 02:38 AM
(09-11-2014 02:17 AM)pablo Wrote:  Nurse, you sure are handy to have around! Thumbsup

That's what he said

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
09-11-2014, 10:25 PM
(09-11-2014 01:23 AM)Nurse Wrote:  

What's IgG?

Nurse, do you think exercise helps one's immunity? I always feel better and get less colds when I exercise.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
09-11-2014, 10:30 PM
(09-11-2014 10:25 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(09-11-2014 01:23 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I get sick a lot, too. There is a lot we don't know in the health science field, especially in immunology. I have allergies, and I'm more prone to parasitic infections than the general population, as the same white blood cell is responsible for both. I'd love to spend the money to have testing performed, but I just can't spare it right now. I also have hemochromatosis, another type of blood disorder responsible for storing excess iron. The same side of the family with hemochromatosis also has lupus, asthma, eczema, and ulcerative colitis - all immune related. I have the worst allergies in the family.

What's IgG?

Nurse, do you think exercise helps one's immunity? I always feel better and get less colds when I exercise.

It''s Immunoglobulin G. And yes, exercise helps a lot.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immunoglobulin_G

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post