Why are American liberterians so absurdly insane?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2014, 01:06 PM
RE: Why are American liberterians so absurdly insane?
The Germans are coming, as someone of the far left I must point something out. I have used the argument you allude to above, that the Soviet Union was not a communist state and therefore not a good example of a possible Marxist or non capitalist state.

I also then make the point that the current state of human society is not advanced to the place where a non capitalist/money dominated state could exist. I approach an ideal social/economic structure from a much different direction than frankksj. I do also recognize it as an ideal which will not be approached even remotely in even my great great grandchildrens life.

There is a difference between the ideal and the real. What I believe to be ideal can be argued on its merits it cannot be condemned because it exists.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2014, 01:09 PM
(02-02-2014 12:10 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  These calculations are undertook by institutions such as the UN...

There are lots of different ways of calculating cost of living. But when searching for substantiation for your anti-Swiss rant, the best you could find STILL put Switzerland in the top 10! You argue that it's the most backwards place around, yet EVEN the study you found still puts it in the top 0.5% of the world's countries!

Next you rant against the Swiss's policy of live and let live, allowing fringe minorities to live their lives unencumbered in their own enclaves. But you conveniently didn't touch the fact that, while this system does produce pockets of extremism, this system has never exported it, never done any damage to anybody else. Your system of concentrating and centralizing power, forcing everyone at gunpoint to do everything one way, is what's been responsible for all the great atrocities in human history.

(02-02-2014 12:10 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Which other country in Europe, no... which other country in the entire fucking world! - forcefully steralised women who had sex out of wedlock up to 1979!?!???!!!!!!!!

Way, way off. The process of forced sterilization originated in the United States and continued IN THE US until 1977, where forced sterilization was prescribed for people scoring less than 70 on an IQ test. The US exported eugenics to Europe. From what I've read of it, Switzerland used it on <100 people, while in the US, hundreds of thousands for forcefully sterilized, and your homeland Germany took the eugenics movement to the most horrific extreme. So when you attack Switzerland for their eugenics program, well there's an American saying "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."

(02-02-2014 12:10 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Germany is the largest, most powerfull and richest economy in Europe!

Not per capita! That's because of the high population. If we look at it your way, then China is a much larger, more powerful, richer economy than Germany. So will you accept your own argument and declare China's government vastly superior to Germany's??!?! Let me guess, when comparing Germany to smaller countries, you'll use the total size, but when comparing Germany to bigger countries, you'll use per capita. It just shows how you cherry pick.

(02-02-2014 12:10 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  And of course, you are sleazy enought to ignore completly that I outlined the reason for German, French and Italian protests against Swiss banking - being that the Swiss support tax evasion, financial fraud and organised crime with it`s actions and laws in those countries!

You're ignoring the issue. Because Switzerland's government is so efficient and people get so many services for their taxes, Switzerland doesn't need to criminalize the refusal to pay taxes. Tax evasion is not a crime in Switzerland, yet tax compliance is extremely high, because when the government gives good value for your tax dollar, people pay voluntarily without a gun pointed to their head. Again, rather than saying "Wouldn't it be great if Germany's government was so efficient that people paid their taxes voluntarily", you instead want Switzerland to have the same violent, oppressive system that locks people up for tax evasion, so that Switzerland then, can, like the rest of Europe, treat tax evasion as a criminal offense and extradite tax evaders.

Again, imagine if a private company did this. Say you sell a product that people willingly, voluntarily buy because it's a good value. I sell a product that's so overpriced, I have to force people at gunpoint to buy it. So, my proposed solution
is that you, too, should sell your product at gunpoint so we have a level playing field.

(02-02-2014 12:10 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  You also ignore that I pointed out how the Swiss treat French, German and Italian citizens like trash!

Total bull shit. Even before Schengen, Switzerland had open borders with France, Germany and Italy. Only the major roads even had checkpoints. They had international ski resorts where everybody could just ski and and ski out of Switzerland without any checks at all.

(02-02-2014 12:10 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  And "relocating" is a very neat way of renaming what is actualy called: Criminal Taxevasion.

Now we get to the core issue. Freedom and free will. I see government as a group of individuals providing a service, which people pay for (with taxes). Just like any other group, such as a corporation, if they offer you a shitty service, you're free to not use it (in the case of government, that means move out).

You advocate a form of slavery, which says that if someone is born in Germany, then he has a life-long duty to remain in Germany and keep supporting Germany, and that if he is fed up and wants to leave, that's "criminal". If anybody else did it, you would unquestionably call that slavery. If a private corporation claimed it was "criminal" to cancel your membership and go somewhere else, you'd be outraged.

If a German is fed up with his country and high taxes, he should be free to leave. There are only 3 countries in the world that don't let their citizens leave and stop paying taxes: N. Korea, Cuba, and the US. That's the club you want to join, where are forced to stay in their country of origin against their will? Do you advocate a rebuilding of a new Berlin Wall on the Swiss border where you just shoot people who try to escape? It's barbaric to insist that people who relocate to Switzerland are "criminals".

(02-02-2014 12:10 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Laundering...

That's bull shit. What you refer to as "laundering" just means that Switzerland doesn't interfere with other countries internal affairs. If somebody in Germany is evading taxes and comes to Switzerland, that's Germany's problem. It's their citizen, Germany should sort it out.

(02-02-2014 12:10 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  
NO EUROPEAN GOVERMENT DEMANDS THAT THE SWISS LOWER THEIR TAXES

You're totally confused. European governments demand the Swiss RAISE their taxes--not LOWER them further. Duh!!! The high tax countries, like France and Germany, have regularly pushed for extreme measures to stop what they call "harmful tax competition"--which just means other countries that are more efficient and thus successful at luring citizens. They've proposed minimum VAT taxes, etc. Here's an article on the subject which concludes: "In view of the dangers involved in the cartelization of tax systems in Europe, Switzerland continues to play an essential role. Switzerland’s enlightened dissidence contributes significantly to the preservation and increase of productive capital while enhancing individual rights and choices, in the interest of all Europeans and the future of Europe."

Switzerland is the fly in the ointment preventing the rest of EU from having an EU-wide universal 50+% tax rate.

(02-02-2014 12:10 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Oh how often I have heard this argument. It`s the same with communists, when you confront them with the horros of the soviet union they simply whine "But the soviet union was not real communism!".

No comparison. Ask a communist to name one successful communist country, one country with "real communism", and they can't name one. By contrast, I can show over and over again numerous examples where, when a government privatized and de-regulated, an industry flourished. The examples you point to where privatization failed are simply those where government continued to control the reins.

(02-02-2014 12:10 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Space?!!!!!!!!!! Space????? Are you fucking serious? The best argument you can give for the privatisation of something "government owned" is SPACE????

No, the first example I gave was rail. As I pointed out, in the US, when all transport was private, 250,000 miles of rail were built, with air conditioned trains running at 100 mph, and they were building vac-tube models to transport people at super-sonic speeds. The rate of innovation was fast and furious, and the quality so good that by the 1920's, 90% of all trips in the US were on electric mass transit. Then the government took over, and a century later, 90% of the rail is gone, the trains are running at half the speed, nearly all the local metros are gone, and we're stuck with congested, polluted freeways. That was the first example I gave. The next was how the same thing happened with airlines. The third was how it happened with roads. And space was fourth, showing that the trend was unbroken across every form of transportation.
02-02-2014, 01:24 PM
frankksj, nice dance around the money laundering issue, about which you are totally wrong. The Swiss banking system enables it as you should be aware. It is disingenuous to suggest that a secret banking system does not help criminals and tax evaders in other countries. To suggest that this is a problem for those other countries to deal with is absurd.

And while we are at it how long did it take Jewish survivors to recover assets either stolen by Nazi's or normally deposited in Swiss Banks.
02-02-2014, 01:25 PM
@The Germans are coming,

Question: Do you believe that government exists to serve the people, and that people should be able to decide for themselves if their government is providing a good value for those services, and if not, they should be free to stop using those services (ie emigrate) and thus stop paying for them?

Your argument that it's "criminal tax evasion" when a German wants to relocate to Switzerland suggests you favor the same system as, say, North Korea, where the government owns the people and taxation is not simply a way of paying for services, but rather a form of debt bondage, where the government "owns" its citizens for life, like slaves.
02-02-2014, 01:34 PM
(02-02-2014 01:24 PM)JAH Wrote:  frankksj, It is disingenuous to suggest that a secret banking system does not help criminals and tax evaders in other countries. To suggest that this is a problem for those other countries to deal with is absurd.

Not at all. Tax evasion is NOT a crime in Switzerland. They don't haul people away at gunpoint for refusing to pay taxes. They feel government must keep on its toes and provide good services for a good value so people willingly pay. Thus, there is no need for a big brother nanny state where the government monitors your bank accounts, listens to your phone calls, reads your emails, etc., trying to find people who aren't paying their taxes. Therefore, the Swiss can respect privacy, and do not compel banks to hand over information on their clients.

The fact is these laws are MAINLY to protect the Swiss people themselves from an over-intrusive government. Sure, the secrecy benefits people in other countries too who want to hide. But that's not the primary purpose.

(02-02-2014 01:24 PM)JAH Wrote:  And while we are at it how long did it take Jewish survivors to recover assets either stolen by Nazi's or normally deposited in Swiss Banks.

First, the amount of gold the Swiss received wasn't huge. I did the math once, and as I recall, it amounted to roughly $700/Swiss citizen. The banks did returned property when the rightful owner could prove custody, but that was nearly impossible when it had been stolen.

What baffles me is that you vent your rage at Switzerland, which remained neutral and never killed or stole, instead of at the Germans, who the ones throwing millions of people into gas chambers and ripping the gold teeth out. Let's not forget that if the Germans were like the Swiss, there never would have been any Nazi's, never have been a holocaust, nor stolen gold in the first place!
02-02-2014, 01:37 PM
(02-02-2014 06:53 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  In every European country in which public rail was privatised - private rail went to trash, shreds and rubbish.

Buying a train ticket from London to Edinburg is more expensive than buying a flight from London to Madrid to Edinburg to London.

And parts of British Rail are owned by Deutsche Bahn - a state owned German company.

Yes! You have heard right. Private buisness screwed up British rail so badly that it got partialy bought up by a state owned German company.

...none of this demonstrates deceit. People can be in error, and often are, and specific examples can have mitigating nuances that muddle an argument.

For example, in the US, deposit accounts are almost all insured by the federal government. As a result, it's completely reasonable for the state to enforce safe and conservative banking practices - such as prohibitting insured banks from doing anything but traditional banking. But some politicians foolishly broke that restriction, and a predictable bubble and bust followed, and those banks came with open hands back to the state for a bailout. Some people will look at that bubble and pop, and extend it to a generlization that all markets must be heavily regulated - ignoring the details.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
02-02-2014, 02:00 PM
@The Germans are coming,

This also shows your OP is total bull-shit. You said American's libertarians are insane, whereas Europe's were tolerable. Yet Switzerland is Europe's bastion of libertarianism and you railed against it as strong as you could.

Therefore, it's not a American vs. European libertarian thing. You just hate the whole concept of letting people live in peace and exercise free will without the government using violence to force compliance. It doesn't matter whether it's in America or Europe. The idea of freedom and liberty is equally repulsive no matter the continent.
02-02-2014, 02:06 PM
frankksj, what a load of crap on Swiss banks helping tax evaders and "criminals". Criminals being something you seem to simply avoid. I would point out that because tax evasion is not a crime in Switzerland does not make it not a crime elsewhere. Enabling criminal activity is that no matter how you try to parse it. No need to respond because I will find your response still flawed and no common ground will be found.

I would ask in relation to stolen assets, is there a moral difference between holding those assets and not trying to return them to the proper owner and stealing them in the first place. My answer would be no. What would yours be. I would also point out that presenting the amount as $700/Swiss makes it seem less than the billions it was.
02-02-2014, 02:09 PM
(02-02-2014 01:09 PM)frankksj Wrote:  There are lots of different ways of calculating cost of living. But when searching for substantiation for your anti-Swiss rant, the best you could find STILL put Switzerland in the top 10! You argue that it's the most backwards place around, yet EVEN the study you found still puts it in the top 0.5% of the world's countries!

Again you reply in a completly evasive way and dont even adress the bloody point which is:

Switzerland does not have the highest standerds, Income and low taxes are not the main factor determening living conditions.

Do you always ignore what people say when you talk with them and just say what you want?

Quote:Next you rant against the Swiss's policy of live and let live, allowing fringe minorities to live their lives unencumbered in their own enclaves. But you conveniently didn't touch the fact that, while this system does produce pockets of extremism, this system has never exported it, never done any damage to anybody else.

Wrong! Catholic antisemetic radicals frequently export papers and material to Germany.

One of the complaints against Switzerland by various German states.

Quote:Your system of concentrating and centralizing power, forcing everyone at gunpoint to do everything one way, is what's been responsible for all the great atrocities in human history.

Are just lying or to stupid to look things up?????

German government is not centralised, powers are very stricktly divided in half by the constitution between state and federal government.

Look up some facts the next time you make a reply!

Quote:Way, way off. The process of forced sterilization originated in the United States and continued IN THE US until 1977, where forced sterilization was prescribed for people scoring less than 70 on an IQ test.

Missing the point again, because I clearly outlined women who had sex before marrige
were steralised under Swiss law until the 1970s. And you compare that to the sterelisation of the mentaly ill??????????

Do you considere women to be categorised as mentaly ill people?????

Quote: The US exported eugenics to Europe. From what I've read of it, Switzerland used it on <100 people, while in the US, hundreds of thousands for forcefully sterilized, and your homeland Germany took the eugenics movement to the most horrific extreme. So when you attack Switzerland for their eugenics program, well there's an American saying "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."

Another one of your pathetic excuses.

I already poointed out that pointing at others is not a viable defence!

But considering that your country supports the italian mob with impunity, I am not suprised that the concept of responsibility is something that you dont even grasp.

Quote:Not per capita! That's because of the high population. If we look at it your way, then China is a much larger, more powerful, richer economy than Germany. So will you accept your own argument and declare China's government vastly superior to Germany's??!?!

I fucking warned you not to build anymore fucking strawmen!

If that is the only thing you can do, then there is no room for you in a discussion forum and you should go and find a piece of cheese to fuck!

I already pointed ou within the very first lines of my initial reply to you

ECONOMIC NUMBERS ALONE DO NOT QUALIFY AS A INSTRUMENT OF MESURING LIVING CONDITIONS

In the point I made which you quoted, I merely pointed out that Switzerland is NOT the biggest and strongest economy on the continent, and you have the disgusting audacity to pretend as if I said something else again!

What kind of a disgusting asshole does that more than 8 times in a row?

Quote:Let me guess, when comparing Germany to smaller countries, you'll use the total size, but when comparing Germany to bigger countries, you'll use per capita. It just shows how you cherry pick.

No. I use the official numbers given by EU, ministry of economics, rating agencies, the US federal reserve and the UN.

The studies conducted by these institutions are usualy used to determine the economic strengh of a country and I therefor use them.

Quote:You're ignoring the issue. Because Switzerland's government is so efficient and people get so many services for their taxes, Switzerland doesn't need to criminalize the refusal to pay taxes.

Angry

How fucking dare you! DO I REALLY HAVE TO REPEAT MYSELF AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made my point and you just gibber on your shit, completly ignoring what I say!!!!

And then you dare accuse me of doing that!!!

Are you here to debate or troll!?

If you are here to debate then argue against the fuckling points and adress the issue!

Or fuck off!

Quote:Tax evasion is not a crime in Switzerland, yet tax compliance is extremely high, because when the government gives good value for your tax dollar, people pay voluntarily without a gun pointed to their head. Again, rather than saying "Wouldn't it be great if Germany's government was so efficient that people paid their taxes voluntarily", you instead want Switzerland to have the same violent, oppressive system that locks people up for tax evasion, so that Switzerland then, can, like the rest of Europe, treat tax evasion as a criminal offense and extradite tax evaders.

Another strawman!

Are you to incompetent to listen to what people say? Do you understand the concept of listening to people!?

I repeat in the most basic way that even someone as obviously moronic as you should understand:

If you want to live in Germany - you have to pay German taxes - if you are a German citizen who smuggles his cash into Switzerland where he needs not pay German taxes - that is illegal - and that German citizen has broken German law and should be prosecuted.

but

The Swiss - further such behavior and make a profit from it.

And again, you refuse the most pressing issue of all, that the Swiss launder the profits from organised crime.

Oh and if taxes should or should not be payed voluntarily is not the fucking issue here! If you want to talk that, open a new fucking thread and dont derail this one.
Are you capable of consistantly talking about an issue or do you constantly have to change the subject whilest completly ignoring what the subject of the conversation is actualy about?!!!

Quote:Again, imagine if a private company did this. Say you sell a product that people willingly, voluntarily buy because it's a good value. I sell a product that's so overpriced, I have to force people at gunpoint to buy it. So, my proposed solution
is that you, too, should sell your product at gunpoint so we have a level playing field.

Will you fucking stop posting things that have absolutly jackass nothing to do with the fucking subject!!!!!

Open a new thread or go fuck cheese!

Quote:Total bull shit. Even before Schengen, Switzerland had open borders with France, Germany and Italy. Only the major roads even had checkpoints. They had international ski resorts where everybody could just ski and and ski out of Switzerland without any checks at all.

So you deny that the very popular political right in Swizerland rails and rant against French, German and Italian workers?

Or are you just lying?

Quote:Now we get to the core issue.

oh, are you finaly going to adress the actual subject?
Quote: Freedom and free will. I see government as a group of individuals providing a service, which people pay for (with taxes). Just like any other group, such as a corporation, if they offer you a shitty service, you're free to not use it (in the case of government, that means move out).

You advocate a form of slavery, which says that if someone is born in Germany, then he has a life-long duty to remain in Germany and keep supporting Germany, and that if he is fed up and wants to leave, that's "criminal". If anybody else did it, you would unquestionably call that slavery. If a private corporation claimed it was "criminal" to cancel your membership and go somewhere else, you'd be outraged.

If a German is fed up with his country and high taxes, he should be free to leave. There are only 3 countries in the world that don't let their citizens leave and stop paying taxes: N. Korea, Cuba, and the US. That's the club you want to join, where are forced to stay in their country of origin against their will? Do you advocate a rebuilding of a new Berlin Wall on the Swiss border where you just shoot people who try to escape? It's barbaric to insist that people who relocate to Switzerland are "criminals".

Angry

You cunt!

That is the 9th time that instead of adressing the argument or giving a counter agument you write about some bullshit that has nothing to do with the subject.

Just leave this forum. NOW!

All you do is repeat and repeat the same sentences that have nothing to do with the arguments posted.

What is it like talking with you?

"What is the weather like?" - "WATER CAN BE HOT!"
"How are you?" - "HILLS ARE NOT MOUNTAINS!"
"Where are you from?" - "CHEESE IS YELLOW!"

Quote:That's bull shit. What you refer to as "laundering" just means that Switzerland doesn't interfere with other countries internal affairs.

Switzerland is interfering with other countries affairs when it helps the Italian mafia launder it`s money and thereby protects that money from being found and used against the mob as evidence by the Italian state prosecuter.

Your government and banks support the mob.

Quote:If somebody in Germany is evading taxes and comes to Switzerland, that's Germany's problem. It's their citizen, Germany should sort it out.

Doesnt change the fact that Germany also has the full right to be diplomaticaly harsh with the Swiss because it protects German criminals, if that is the Swiss way of seeing things - it just supports the notion that they are criminals who would make money by all means no matter how dirty.

Quote:You're totally confused. European governments demand the Swiss RAISE their taxes--not LOWER them further. Duh!!! The high tax countries, like France and Germany, have regularly pushed for extreme measures to stop what they call "harmful tax competition"--which just means other countries that are more efficient and thus successful at luring citizens. They've proposed minimum VAT taxes, etc. Here's an article on the subject which concludes: "In view of the dangers involved in the cartelization of tax systems in Europe, Switzerland continues to play an essential role. Switzerland’s enlightened dissidence contributes significantly to the preservation and increase of productive capital while enhancing individual rights and choices, in the interest of all Europeans and the future of Europe."

Oh please, so much nonsence. so stupid, so idiotic , so meaningless and pointless.

Every country makes such demands from other countries and no country takes them serious.

For 50 years the germans demanded the French lower their taxes and nothing happend

And everyone knows that the Swiss wont raise taxes because of some foreign country and that the Swiss support for criminality is the actual concern.

Quote:Switzerland is the fly in the ointment preventing the rest of EU from having an EU-wide universal 50+% tax rate.

Such an idiotic phrase.

Not much different from someone claiming that Bush is responsible for 9/11.

Yes! What you just wrote is nothing but an unbackable conspiracy theory.

Other than that, and most importantly here, it again has absolutly nothing to do with the subject being debated and you just wrote that for your selfserving purpose of writing that!

Quote:No comparison.

Best comparision! Both of you are delusional and refuse reason whilest believing in a utopia.

Quote:Ask a communist to name one successful communist country, one country with "real communism", and they can't name one. By contrast, I can show over and over again numerous examples where, when a government privatized and de-regulated, an industry flourished. The examples you point to where privatization failed are simply those where government continued to control the reins.

Yeah! Just like ......... IRELAND!... oh wait! that went down the toilet.

Other than that, politics is not about construction perfect societies but about gradualy evolving by learning from mistakes.

You reject that notion and believe in utopia - which is why you are just of the same mental state as a communist - who also believes in a utopia.

Quote:No, the first example I gave was rail. As I pointed out, in the US, when all transport was private, 250,000 miles of rail were built, with air conditioned trains running at 100 mph, and they were building vac-tube models to transport people at super-sonic speeds. The rate of innovation was fast and furious, and the quality so good that by the 1920's, 90% of all trips in the US were on electric mass transit. Then the government took over, and a century later, 90% of the rail is gone, the trains are running at half the speed, nearly all the local metros are gone, and we're stuck with congested, polluted freeways. That was the first example I gave.

And how many people use US rail on an average year?

And how much is a ticket from New York to L.A?

Quote: The next was how the same thing happened with airlines.

Not compareable to rail in any way since air is no good for transporting good but only people and therefor only has one destinctive customer base and cannot vary in any other way.

Do you understand economics?
Quote: The third was how it happened with roads.

Roads are not private.

Quote: And space was fourth, showing that the trend was unbroken across every form of transportation.

Yeah................. 20 people who payed individualy 500 000 dollars to be in space for 30 minutes.

That truely is MASSIVE public transportation.

PS:

You are a chronic strawman builder who constantly refuses to adress points and arguments being made. You obviously are a coward who rather than facing dificult questions pretends as if they didnt exist!
Adding to that, you constantly keep trying to change the subject by flushing in stuff that has nothing to do with the arguments being made in the hope that nobody takes notice.

Emidiatly stop that! Or I will no longer reply to you and will constantly remind people who reply to you of your behavior that does not fit into a debate AT ALL!!!

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
02-02-2014, 02:12 PM
(02-02-2014 01:37 PM)toadaly Wrote:  ...none of this demonstrates deceit. People can be in error, and often are, and specific examples can have mitigating nuances that muddle an argument.

Yes it does, frank from the hillbilly mountain, claimed that the state of European rail became better there where it was privatised.

Which is untrue and therefor a lie.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]