Why are Atheists afraid of death?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
16-04-2014, 02:44 AM
RE: Why are Atheists afraid of death?
So has the OP left the building?

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-04-2014, 03:02 AM
So to summarise Leefboy.
  • He doesn't respond to any points that refutes his argument and repeats his same point instead
  • He lies (he is an atheist, isn't an atheist, was an atheist, he does care about opinions, he doesn't etc)
  • He states as fact certain theories that are scientifically testable, then says he does not need evidence, science is not suitable for doing what it does (objectively observing) and only 'logic' and 'reasoning' is required but this only applies to his theories.
  • He comes out with classic christian arguments (cause and effect)
  • He uses every logical fallacy under the book

The only thing going for him is that he isn't obnoxiously arrogant like most christian trolls.

I think we can safely say now that trying to argue with him is a waste of time.
[+] 5 users Like Mathilda's post
16-04-2014, 03:37 AM
(16-04-2014 03:02 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  So to summarise Leefboy.
  • He doesn't respond to any points that refutes his argument and repeats his same point instead
  • He lies (he is an atheist, isn't an atheist, was an atheist, he does care about opinions, he doesn't etc)
  • He states as fact certain theories that are scientifically testable, then says he does not need evidence, science is not suitable for doing what it does (objectively observing) and only 'logic' and 'reasoning' is required but this only applies to his theories.

The only thing going for him is that he isn't obnoxiously arrogant like most christian trolls.

Yep, I think you have pretty summed it up there although I thought his comment in post #35 "I assumed atheists were intelligent enough to not believe in religion, so I was hoping for a more intellectual discussion on the actual point I'm trying to make." was a tad arrogant but I think it was born out of frustration rather than an actual attack.

But yes...definitely a waste of time taking this any further.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 1 user Likes Eva's post
16-04-2014, 05:59 AM
Leefboy avoided my question regarding him being a lying troll, thereby confirming the fact he is a lying troll.

Leefboy, blow away.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
16-04-2014, 06:49 AM
(16-04-2014 03:37 AM)Eva Wrote:  
(16-04-2014 03:02 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  So to summarise Leefboy.

Yep, I think you have pretty summed it up there although I thought his comment in post #35 "I assumed atheists were intelligent enough to not believe in religion, so I was hoping for a more intellectual discussion on the actual point I'm trying to make." was a tad arrogant but I think it was born out of frustration rather than an actual attack.

But yes...definitely a waste of time taking this any further.

I also think you have summed him up well Mathilda and agree with you Eva that he displayed some arrogance. In my opinion he took it further than that though. He directly and indirectly implied to a few people that their intelligence was the problem not his arguments.

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
[+] 2 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
16-04-2014, 06:52 AM
Post #3 Monster Riffs called it.

Thumbsup

although Taq implied it with #2

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
16-04-2014, 06:56 AM
He stinks of troll! To be fair though, I tip my hat to Taq, ... he knew! Smile

[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
16-04-2014, 06:58 AM
(16-04-2014 06:56 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  He stinks of troll! To be fair though, I tip my hat to Taq, ... he knew! Smile

Good call both of you. You are the gatekeepers keeping the trolls under the bridge where they belong Bowing

[+] 2 users Like Eva's post
16-04-2014, 07:06 AM
(16-04-2014 06:58 AM)Eva Wrote:  
(16-04-2014 06:56 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  He stinks of troll! To be fair though, I tip my hat to Taq, ... he knew! Smile

Good call both of you. You are the gatekeepers keeping the trolls under the bridge where they belong Bowing

I'll leave that to Taq, Thumbsup
This guy just had loads of tells in his opening post just by the us v them language he used.

Reading the thread, Bucky and Mark ruined him anyway. All I did was kick him whilst he was down Smile

16-04-2014, 07:10 AM
(16-04-2014 06:52 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Post #3 Monster Riffs called it.

Thumbsup

although Taq implied it called it first with #2

fixed!

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post