Why are Atheists hated?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2016, 10:43 AM
RE: Why are Atheists hated?
(26-09-2015 12:35 PM)Songbird Wrote:  I would be very interested in the views and opinions of everyone about why atheists are viewed as second class citizens and hated! I personally do not get or understand that. How is a non believer any different than a believer? Is our society, family, & friends so ignorant to see that you can be just as good without god (actually better) than with god? I personally, although still new and learning, find myself much happier, loving, and caring as an atheist than I ever was as a believer. So have at it folks let me know your thoughts.

Two reasons:

There's no proof their god exists and their religion forbids them from blaming god.

They know we're right.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
18-01-2016, 03:44 PM
Could it be as simple as...

Christian preachers and other leaders demonize atheists in an effort to keep members of the flock from straying?

After all, who wants to become part of the evil, immoral, hated minority?

God does not work in mysterious ways — he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.
Jesus had a pretty rough weekend for your sins.
18-01-2016, 03:48 PM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2016 03:51 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
Two main reasons:

1. Religions promote the idea that atheists cannot do good because they lack belief in god. They don't understand how an atheist could have, as Steve Harvey says, a "moral barometer".
2. The stereotypical "pessimistic" atheist who hates religious people.

18-01-2016, 04:38 PM
Probably because of we are a tad offensive lol.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
18-01-2016, 06:03 PM
Mayhaps they're jealous of our freedom?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
18-01-2016, 08:57 PM
Because we go on the internet, and pose questions like this http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid932399

to believers. It is a sure way to make you angry at the person who gores your sacred ox.

Damn, I love the internet!one!
18-01-2016, 10:08 PM
It's because we don't touch little boys or blow up buildings and so we don't have a negative reputation making everyone else look bad.
aka they jelly brah.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post