Why are Christians so hateful?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
24-03-2010, 12:48 AM

RE: Why are Christians so hateful?
(23-03-2010 10:42 AM)Ryujin713 Wrote:  I agree with what has already been stated, so I will not waste time repeating it.

Also keep in mind that not all Christians are this close-minded. One of my best friends is devoutly Christian, and she does not make a big deal about my beliefs.

Also, welcome to the ranks of the free thinking. We are honoured to have you.
One of my best friends is also a devout Christian. But we have such a great friendship and such good chemistry, I would hate to throw the baby out with the bath water. The truth is most of us don't see eye to eye on such a huge variety of things it would be silly to hate each other on our humanness. And my friend is not hateful in the least. It's not fair to stereotype people based on labels or affiliations. Nobody likes that. And when we get talking about this sort of stuff and I tell her she's nuts, she rolls her eyes and says "so are you"-----and she's right. Then we hug and have another beer and the love just steamrolls right through our petty differences. Hateful people hate and lovely people love regardless of personal belief.
Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2010, 05:53 PM
I have an extremely devote christian friend. I like her, both when religion comes up, things get awkward. Like, when hell comes up, it's a joke to me, and I openly laugh at the concept, but she is torn between tolerance and saving me eternal soul.

When you think about it through their eyes, they are in a tough situation. To harass someone based on religious belief, or believe your friends are going to hell.

But back on topic, haters suck.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2010, 07:35 PM

She deserves to be laughed at. The concept of hell is ludicrous. Why can't non-believers stand up to such BS? Cowardice? Complacence? Fear of rejection? Please spare me the respect card. I do not come from a place of disrespect, I come from a place of reality. Let's talk about reality. How novel an approach! We give them an inch they take five miles. It's time to get real with these people or we give them power to control us and others.
Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2010, 07:38 PM
(24-03-2010 07:35 PM)Jonandrew Wrote:  She deserves to be laughed at. The concept of hell is ludicrous. Why can't non-believers stand up to such BS? Cowardice? Complacence? Fear of rejection? Please spare me the respect card. I do not come from a place of disrespect, I come from a place of reality. Let's talk about reality. How novel an approach! We give them an inch they take five miles. It's time to get real with these people or we give them power to control us and others.

I'm close to my friend, and have no doubt, normally I would laugh at hell, but I'm careful which bridges to burn.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply