Why are churches and sects above the law?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-05-2012, 06:14 AM (This post was last modified: 20-05-2012 06:37 AM by Scarlet Pimpernel.)
Why are churches and sects above the law?
'Church' orders abortion

The 'church' of Scientology isn't against abortions. Quite the contrary: this sect orders them! Yes: it orders its members to break the law!
We already knew that they kill people and steal people blind. Yet after 30, 40 years of spreading misery they are still not investigated seriously – let alone prosecuted – as organized crime...
How are they above the law? Where is law enforcement? Why are 'churches' defacto 'protected' by authorities to do the evil deeds they do and be immune from criminal investigation and prosecution?

Why are they – tax exempt, = not contributing to financing society but only leeching from it – not held accountable for their conduct while you and I, ordinary citizens (and the financiers of this system through taxes! I.o.w. paying for the 'churches' tax-exempt status), are?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-05-2012, 06:48 AM
RE: Why are churches and sects above the law?
Hey, Pimp.

Lol. You do realise that the Sun is a Tabloid, right? You may as well have linked to the Enquirer lol.

But responding to you, how is ordering an abortion ordering someone to break the law?

Based on what you're saying, they do sound more like the Mafia than a Church. Maybe they do need to be investigated as such. And we all know how promptly organised crime is investigated lol.

You make a pretty spurious leap from your accusation to 'Churches'.

I don't doubt that Churches receive preferential treatment. That's what happens when you're powerful.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
[+] 1 user Likes Ghost's post
20-05-2012, 06:54 AM
Whoa now ghost... hang on a minute. Tabloids are perfectly reputable. Have you SEEN the pictures of batboy! Evidence that he exists! Sighted! AND there are picture sketches to show he exists from a witness description.
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post
20-05-2012, 07:08 AM (This post was last modified: 20-05-2012 07:15 AM by Scarlet Pimpernel.)
(20-05-2012 06:48 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Hey, Pimp.

Lol. You do realise that the Sun is a Tabloid, right? You may as well have linked to the Enquirer lol.

But responding to you, how is ordering an abortion ordering someone to break the law?
You hadn't noticed abortus provocatus without medical indication is illegal in most countries?

Quote:Based on what you're saying, they do sound more like the Mafia than a
Church. Maybe they do need to be investigated as such.
Excuse me? What's 'Maybe' about it?

Quote:And we all know
how promptly organised crime is investigated lol.
'We' hold the purse strings. 'We' are the only ones who can do something about it. Why don't 'We'? Are 'We' masochists?
Quote:You make a pretty spurious leap from your accusation to 'Churches'.
Quite the contrary. Literally: if you'll look again you will find that the very first word of my OP was 'church'. So any 'leap' must have been from 'church' to my accusation. Not the other way around.

Quote:I don't doubt that Churches receive preferential treatment. That's what happens when you're powerful.

Matt
Thanks for your opinion.
[+] 1 user Likes Scarlet Pimpernel's post
20-05-2012, 07:25 AM
(20-05-2012 06:54 AM)Logisch Wrote:  Whoa now ghost... hang on a minute. Tabloids are perfectly reputable. Have you SEEN the pictures of batboy! Evidence that he exists! Sighted! AND there are picture sketches to show he exists from a witness description.
And don't forget Sasquatch, Nessie, and the Yeti! And Kate's brand of bras!

It's all documented!
20-05-2012, 08:12 AM (This post was last modified: 20-05-2012 08:17 AM by Thomas.)
I would never call for stopping people from giving donations to churches, or social clubs, or private charities, etc., but the tax exempt status needs to be revisited. Churches now don't bother reporting to the IRS what they received in donations or what they spent it on. It is completely voluntary. They send letters to their donors and they file their deductions with the IRS, which is never questioned.

The main problem I have is property taxes. Churches sit on prime real estate and pay no tax. For that fact, neither do private universities or other tax exempt organization. This must change. The current system forces local home owners and businesses to pay taxes at higher rates so that churches can pay nothing. This is effectively a forced donation from the private individual to a religious institution. It would be political suicide for any politician to suggest such a change until the religious become a small minority. Political power is with the religious in the US. We can only win these battles when the time is right, sometime in the future.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 2 users Like Thomas's post
20-05-2012, 08:49 AM
Dood. Dontchu know the golden rule? Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
20-05-2012, 09:02 AM
I can't tell who has their hate on for religion and who's just a good ol' fashioned neo-Conservative Cool

Matt
20-05-2012, 10:19 AM
(20-05-2012 06:14 AM)Scarlet Pimpernel Wrote:  Yet after 30, 40 years of spreading misery they are still not investigated seriously – let alone prosecuted –

There were already some battle won against the “Church of Scientology”
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_Wollersheim

It is interesting to note, since coercion is difficult to prove as it requires extreme pressure: it seems the battle was won using coercive persuasion by “mind-control”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_contro...and_DIMPAC
20-05-2012, 10:21 AM
(20-05-2012 08:49 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Dood. Dontchu know the golden rule? Dodgy

"the one who holds the gold rules !" : )