Why are creationists so against evolution?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2015, 07:05 PM
RE: Why are creationists so against evolution?
Hey GwoG... I like your tagline... have you tried "Getting an A+ in theism!"? Tongue

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
05-07-2015, 07:10 PM
Okay, gotta do some actual work for a while.

GwoG - Don't answer anything else RDK says until they show at least a basic understanding of how chemistry works, please?

Hell, do what you like... if you want to bash your head (or in this case, fingertips) repeatedly into a brick wall of denial, enjoy!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
05-07-2015, 07:21 PM
(05-07-2015 07:10 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Okay, gotta do some actual work for a while.

GwoG - Don't answer anything else RDK says until they show at least a basic understanding of how chemistry works, please?

Hell, do what you like... if you want to bash your head (or in this case, fingertips) repeatedly into a brick wall of denial, enjoy!

Just finished writing a 5,000 word paper, and swung by to see if any new victims trickled into TTA, just doing a driveby Weeping

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
05-07-2015, 08:08 PM
(05-07-2015 06:36 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Sorry if I sound like I'm being harsh, RDK. I'm really not. But I suspect you're not being completely honest in holding up your side of this discussion.

If you're genuinely curious to know what the state of thought of this issue is, here are 3 simple articles to get you started. This is way way way WAY too complex for me to teach you a couple years' worth of chemistry just to answer what you seem (claim?) to think is a "simple" question.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/abioprob/abioprob.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hammerhead_ribozyme

When you have finished reading (really reading, not skimming for quotes to mine and throw at me in the hope that I haven't read the very next paragraph following the quote you tossed my way like a round of machinegun ammo) those articles, we can talk about this again. That is, if you are honest about it. There really is much to discuss on this subject, but not if we have to start with such basic misunderstandings about chemistry like pretending we don't know how molecules stick together without a directing intelligence.
After perusing the aforementioned sites that you provided, I am definitely interested in the many ideas being presented for the formation of life. Since we are all made of the same stuff, I believe we will find the combination of chemicals and associated processes that were present when life got it's start. I don't know the combination either and I do admire the persistence of scientists to establish the truth. When that happens, we will all be amazed.

The rules for assembly though still need to be adhered to for construction to begin... that is the basis for my arguments.

Chemically, there is a synthesis-I won't deny. How things originally got their start is still a fascinating mystery. We are both at a standstill at this point in time.
05-07-2015, 08:58 PM
(05-07-2015 08:08 PM)RDK Wrote:  
(05-07-2015 06:36 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Sorry if I sound like I'm being harsh, RDK. I'm really not. But I suspect you're not being completely honest in holding up your side of this discussion.

If you're genuinely curious to know what the state of thought of this issue is, here are 3 simple articles to get you started. This is way way way WAY too complex for me to teach you a couple years' worth of chemistry just to answer what you seem (claim?) to think is a "simple" question.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/abioprob/abioprob.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hammerhead_ribozyme

When you have finished reading (really reading, not skimming for quotes to mine and throw at me in the hope that I haven't read the very next paragraph following the quote you tossed my way like a round of machinegun ammo) those articles, we can talk about this again. That is, if you are honest about it. There really is much to discuss on this subject, but not if we have to start with such basic misunderstandings about chemistry like pretending we don't know how molecules stick together without a directing intelligence.
After perusing the aforementioned sites that you provided, I am definitely interested in the many ideas being presented for the formation of life. Since we are all made of the same stuff, I believe we will find the combination of chemicals and associated processes that were present when life got it's start. I don't know the combination either and I do admire the persistence of scientists to establish the truth. When that happens, we will all be amazed.

The rules for assembly though still need to be adhered to for construction to begin... that is the basis for my arguments.

Chemically, there is a synthesis-I won't deny. How things originally got their start is still a fascinating mystery. We are both at a standstill at this point in time.

Good point. Evolution is falsifiable, observable and predictable, thus true. Creationism is not. However, no one can prove what the initial spark of life was, we have some good theories, we have created life (amino acids..building blocks to life) in a lab using heat gases present in ancient earth and a shot of electricity to simulate lightning and voila! life....but that doesn't prove it happened that way. On the other hand, the only other theory is creationism which is ridiculous. Since it has zero evidence. In fact there is more evidence for bigfoot than god, and I don't believe that either. Here is an outstanding simple site worth viewing. I can get really deep on the science stuff, but why bother right?

http://ideonexus.com/2012/02/12/101-reas...oftheEarth

Here is some good ones too...they are book summaries from my evolutionary science class I took 2 years ago. good stuff...read..contemplate, evolve beyond the myth.

https://ogremk5.wordpress.com/2011/05/23...er-review/

https://vialogue.wordpress.com/2012/05/0...es-review/

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
05-07-2015, 09:36 PM
Cannot remember if I responded to this yet, but; the reason why creationists fight against evolution so much is because creationism is by its own nature the purist and most literal interpretation of the bible. What I mean is, people who believe in creationism does not, or at least should not, have any differing interpretation of the bible other than its most literal possible meaning as read by the a person who is a native English speaker.

If even one single Iota of creationism was wrong. Even if its something so minor that cockatrice, or cherubs, or fairies never existing, It would completely discredit the entire bible since almost the entire bible draws it's base from Genesis.

The world is only 4015 years old right now- well its actually a little bit more but its around there I think...I could be wrong, man is made from dirt and females whom are only worth about half as much as a man is made from BBQ pork ribs and everything was just magically spoken or poofed into existence by a cosmic jewish zombie overlord who is everywhere at once, controls everything and is perfect but somehow created a completely imperfect fucked up universe where only 0.000000001x^ One million billion billionth% power of the universe is even suitable for any kind of life and even managed to fuck even all THAT up as well.

It would prove all of it wrong and open their "faith" up for questioning which would mean that they have been wrong for the past 4000 years.

4000 years of always being right, of always having the superior military power, man power and everything to permanently silence anyone who says anything else that would contradict a creationist and their murderous armies, and here we are in a day in a new age where theocracies have been slowly and systematically culled off the face of the planet to just a few extremist islamic nations and they know they cannot silence us and eventually they are going to have to admit they have been wrong for 4000 years.

admitting to being wrong about something for 4000 years.....don't you see how scary that can be to some lesser intelligent people out there?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 2 users Like Shadow Fox's post
06-07-2015, 04:58 AM
(05-07-2015 05:41 PM)RDK Wrote:  As I said before; You can't organize anything into anything without help from somewhere!

Except for the small fact that you are wrong. See Self Organization

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
06-07-2015, 05:15 AM
(30-06-2015 01:03 AM)morondog Wrote:  What will not fly is to merely assert that the Bible is all you need, without providing any convincing reason for this to be the case.

You know I was quite proud of this post... and I got no love Sad

Ol' RDK is now playing the game of let's-pretend. Let's pretend we know what the fuck we're talking about. We'll really show those evil scientist types Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
14-07-2015, 11:15 AM
My beef with all of this is that if creationists actually did their theological research they would discover that there is no dilemma; no "house of cards" in regards to evolution and the Genesis account.

This is really a non-issue, but these bull-headed, stubborn, indoctrinated doofuses insist on creating a tension between the two.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]