Why are creationists so against evolution?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2015, 03:24 AM
RE: Why are creationists so against evolution?
(07-05-2015 08:16 PM)pablo Wrote:  "I didn't come from no monkey."

[Image: ZtGWIvI.gif]

The simplest one for the simplest creationists.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
09-05-2015, 07:06 AM
(09-05-2015 02:51 AM)Ace Wrote:  
(07-05-2015 07:57 PM)jennybee Wrote:  In my past experience as a christian in my church, they would say evolution destroys the need for Jesus and goes against what God says in the Bible. They look at evolution as going against God's Word.

you mean it teaches us that we aren't special, that genocide, infanticide is bad for our survival, that we are not rulers of existence and are not the center of everything, that slavery is bad Gasp this is heresy

But God loves you Tongue
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
09-05-2015, 07:19 AM
(08-05-2015 03:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  That shit is just painful to read. Weeping
Neil not only doesn't understand evolution, he has a straw man version that is resistant to change. Tel him to read a fucking science book.

I'm glad I got soft-banned from that site, or I might have felt the need to keep reading and posting there.

Fun fact: after I lost my ability to post, I got pissed off and figured, I should find an atheist forum instead. Google lead me here!
[+] 5 users Like RobbyPants's post
10-05-2015, 01:18 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2015 01:27 PM by jockmcdock.)
(08-05-2015 10:35 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(07-05-2015 07:21 PM)peacefrog Wrote:  Of course, the answer to us is obvious. But firm their perspective, why are they so opposed to investigating it? Why do they not believe that, if creationism was true, the evidence would lead scientists to that conclusion?

The same reason there are Christians who reject gravity and heliocentrism. They say that the scientists are involved in a conspiracy to "kill God". This is what they have to resort to when simply plugging their ears fails to keep the bad thoughts out.

Sometimes i have the tendency to dislike a post because it reports some shit that just makes my brain curdle. But the correct response is "Like".

Done.
[+] 1 user Likes jockmcdock's post
10-05-2015, 01:26 PM
(07-05-2015 07:36 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  That's why Ken Ham wants to shut SETI down, his bi-bull told him everything he needs to know, might as well stop all scientific endeavors and stop asking questions lest they lead you away from the "Truth".

I'd love to see his back flips if life (however simple) were discovered on Mars or one of Saturn's moons. Maybe a meteor or a comet.

Here's a link for anyone who feels inclined to read Ken's BS.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/ken-ha...st-138862/
10-05-2015, 09:38 PM
"Despite a lack of evidence..." Ken Ham crticizes, completely oblivious to the irony.
[+] 2 users Like peacefrog's post
10-05-2015, 09:48 PM
because if Genesis; the very foundation on which the bible is built upon is false-than that would open up the rest of the bible to being wrong which would mean that there is no such thing as god and we do not have an afterlife. Meaning that the worst fears that we as humans have, namely the fear of death-comes to realization that it really is the end for us and we do not have a continuation afterwards; and they are afraid.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 3 users Like Shadow Fox's post
11-05-2015, 09:12 AM
Why are creationists so against evolution?
I wish I could find more of my writings back when I believed. One thing I wrote long ago was basically that evolution had to be true. Here was my thinking (insane as it was): if there is a fair God/Ain Sof that created what we call physical laws, then by extension it must have kept its word and used those same laws.

If not, it is akin to you creating a card game with tried and true rules, only to bring in chess pieces and then piss on the board, declaring yourself winner because you refuse to follow your own rules.

(Mind you, later I realized that's what all holy books do anyway.)
11-05-2015, 11:38 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2015 06:47 PM by Chas.)
It's really very simple.

One has to be ignorant and/or stupid to be a creationist.

One has to have some intelligence and knowledge to understand evolution.

To remain a creationist in the face of evidence, one is either too stupid to understand it or one is being willfully ignorant.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
11-05-2015, 02:16 PM
It is all about feeling and being special. To use my in-laws as an example, the thought of even being classified as an animal offends them, never mind the idea of ape-like ancestors. They are just so special and awesome since their wonderful father of the universe made them just like him. Blah, it seems like lately they work my last nerve everytime we have dinner over there place and politics/religion has to be discussed.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —