Why are humans such strange creatures

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2014, 04:22 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2014 04:55 PM by Wicked Clown.)
Why are humans such strange creatures
So when looking at the animals it seems that all or almost all of what they do is based entirely upon instinct rather than having to learn something or to be educated by another animal of that species.

Also, it does not appear that they question their existence or worship any gods. it also doesn't really seem that they are given different talents or that they have any interests , unique hobbies, occupations,, or interest in things like gold or silver. They don't buy or sell anything or make rules or laws or have prisons. it also appears that they never question the existence or worship a God.

Have you read about or come up with any answers as to why aside from the fact that they are less intelligent?

(sometimes a wasp will tickle a spider web till the spider comes out and sting it . The wasp knows exactly what it's doing I've seen it. It premeditatively knows that by tickling the web the spider comes out and it knows exactly where to sting the spider and manhandle it without taking karate or wrestling lessons.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2014, 05:28 PM
Re: Why are humans such strange creatures
Different talents, hobbies, or interests are things I wouldn't say other animals don't have. I also know of studies that monkeys understand the value of buying/selling but I don't know of it naturally.

But yes, most of that really does come from a stronger social unit and the larger pre frontal cortex.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
16-08-2014, 05:47 PM
RE: Why are humans such strange creatures
I wouldn't say animals rely entirely on instinct.
We can observe animals teaching their young essential survival skills at a very young age.
Big cats teaching their young to hunt prey, grazing animals teaching their young to elude predators. etc.
Many creatures have evolved into such specialized niches that they seldom need anything other than what is readily available in their local environment.

Humans, on the other hand, evolved with big brains. We are able to change (at least to some extent) the environment to suit our needs.
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
16-08-2014, 06:06 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2014 06:11 PM by kim.)
(16-08-2014 04:22 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  So when looking at the animals it seems that all or almost all of what they do is based entirely upon instinct rather than having to learn something or to be educated by another animal of that species.

Many animal species spend a considerable amount of time instructing their young in various activities. Many are very dependent on such instruction for survival.

(16-08-2014 04:22 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  Also, it does not appear that they question their existence or worship any gods. it also doesn't really seem that they are given different talents or that they have any interests , unique hobbies, occupations,, or interest in things like gold or silver. They don't buy or sell anything or make rules or laws or have prisons. it also appears that they never question the existence or worship a God.

Have you read about or come up with any answers as to why aside from the fact that they are less intelligent?

Animals have rules - very observable rules. Many social animals form structures around hierarchies or pecking orders while some are also accepted within these same structures as "loners". It's different than humans but not as significantly different as once was thought.

How do you know that animals are "less intelligent"? Who is measuring the "intelligence" of other animal species and comparing it with the intelligence of the human species? "Intelligence" might be dependent on many factors and measures that simply wouldn't add up or be comparable from species to species. "Intelligence" is a vague thing even among human beings... a specific definition would be in order or at least a defined aspect of "intelligence" would be necessary to provide any kind of measurement and comparison.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 6 users Like kim's post
16-08-2014, 07:23 PM
I just wish apes would learn to invent the wheel and build structures and learn about medicine and surgical operations. I also wish they could learn how to start fires and keep warm so we could have them live here in the northern US.

In some ways, people are stupid in comparison to animals. In some ways insects are even smarter than people. I stand corrected!
16-08-2014, 07:34 PM
(16-08-2014 06:06 PM)kim Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 04:22 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  So when looking at the animals it seems that all or almost all of what they do is based entirely upon instinct rather than having to learn something or to be educated by another animal of that species.

Many animal species spend a considerable amount of time instructing their young in various activities. Many are very dependent on such instruction for survival.

Fun but only slightly relevant fact: fairy wren mothers have been found to teach their in-egg embryos their feeding calls. You can swap eggs from different nests and the hatchlings will come out with the call of their foster mother instead of their original. If the wrens were never taught a call, then they don't get fed... Lots riding learning that feeding call for those eggs.

... I just thought it was interesting and wanted to share.

(16-08-2014 07:23 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  I just wish apes would learn to invent the wheel and build structures and learn about medicine and surgical operations. I also wish they could learn how to start fires and keep warm so we could have them live here in the northern US.

In some ways, people are stupid in comparison to animals. In some ways insects are even smarter than people. I stand corrected!

Apes have learned to make wheels and build shit.

We call them Homo Sapiens.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 6 users Like Free Thought's post
16-08-2014, 08:08 PM
(16-08-2014 07:34 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 06:06 PM)kim Wrote:  Many animal species spend a considerable amount of time instructing their young in various activities. Many are very dependent on such instruction for survival.

Fun but only slightly relevant fact: fairy wren mothers have been found to teach their in-egg embryos their feeding calls. You can swap eggs from different nests and the hatchlings will come out with the call of their foster mother instead of their original. If the wrens were never taught a call, then they don't get fed... Lots riding learning that feeding call for those eggs.

... I just thought it was interesting and wanted to share.

(16-08-2014 07:23 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  I just wish apes would learn to invent the wheel and build structures and learn about medicine and surgical operations. I also wish they could learn how to start fires and keep warm so we could have them live here in the northern US.

Apes have learned to make wheels and build shit.

We call them Homo Sapiens.

Freethought that post is so beautiful I'm going to throw and invisivble strawberry rainbow at you! Laugh out load
16-08-2014, 08:10 PM
And I'm going to add a blue berry to it
16-08-2014, 08:12 PM

Humans kill each other on a daily basis because of small differences in race, culture, etc. I'm afraid it wouldn't be pleasant for an entirely different intelligent species. Sad to say.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
16-08-2014, 08:26 PM
Humans also have concentration camps and torture chambers and blood transfusions to keep people alive for the purpose of inflicting more pain. WTF made humans so cruel and bloodthirsty and so in love with war!