Why are most atheists leftists?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
12-05-2013, 01:14 AM
Why are most atheists leftists?
I'm not sure if this is the most complete reason, but my theory is that because conservatism (and to some extent even libertarianism) is associated with religion, particularly Christianity in popular culture, atheists feel obligated to oppose that associated ideology as well.

Just a thought.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2013, 01:17 AM
RE: Why are most atheists leftists?
Actually, it's because you touch yourself at night.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
12-05-2013, 01:24 AM
Well, I recently asked my tailor whether more people hang to the left of the right and he said "left" by a long way Laughat .
So I don't think it's just atheists.

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
12-05-2013, 01:49 AM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2013 01:54 AM by fstratzero.)
(12-05-2013 01:14 AM)Spectral-Rothbardian Wrote:  I'm not sure if this is the most complete reason, but my theory is that because conservatism (and to some extent even libertarianism) is associated with religion, particularly Christianity in popular culture, atheists feel obligated to oppose that associated ideology as well.

Just a thought.

All I know is that this is amazing!
[Image: 298651_275697105786751_100000393903809_9...4759_n.jpg]

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 4 users Like fstratzero's post
12-05-2013, 01:59 AM
(12-05-2013 01:14 AM)Spectral-Rothbardian Wrote:  I'm not sure if this is the most complete reason, but my theory is that because conservatism (and to some extent even libertarianism) is associated with religion, particularly Christianity in popular culture, atheists feel obligated to oppose that associated ideology as well.

Just a thought.

So by saying your a realitarian. What you really mean is a white supremacist, libertarian?

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
12-05-2013, 02:02 AM
(12-05-2013 01:59 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  

Just a thought.

So by saying your a realitarian. What you really mean is a white supremacist, libertarian?

I'm so much of a "white supremacist" that I acknowledge east-asians as having higher IQ's on average, and for having a lower propensity for crime.
12-05-2013, 02:18 AM
(12-05-2013 02:02 AM)Spectral-Rothbardian Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 01:59 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  So by saying your a realitarian. What you really mean is a white supremacist, libertarian?

I'm so much of a "white supremacist" that I acknowledge east-asians as having higher IQ's on average, and for having a lower propensity for crime.

Why the obsession with race?

-Baron d'Holbach-
12-05-2013, 02:20 AM
(12-05-2013 02:18 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 02:02 AM)Spectral-Rothbardian Wrote:  I'm so much of a "white supremacist" that I acknowledge east-asians as having higher IQ's on average, and for having a lower propensity for crime.

Why the obsession with race?

It's not an "obsession", it's an interest.
12-05-2013, 02:21 AM
(12-05-2013 02:20 AM)Spectral-Rothbardian Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 02:18 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  Why the obsession with race?

It's not an "obsession", it's an interest.

Then why the interest?

-Baron d'Holbach-
12-05-2013, 02:23 AM
Because the concept of races is interesting, fst.

I mean, 'race' causes so much division for so few differences. well, I guess the amount of melanin in a persons skin and the region of their ancestors births must be massive factors for human beings.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post