Why are most atheists leftists?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
12-05-2013, 04:29 PM
RE: Why are most atheists leftists?
(12-05-2013 11:44 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 05:17 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  "I like his views on poverty, charity, mercy, and humility. I also thought his answer to the question of taxes was clever and quite logical."

I doubt you do. Reread what Jeebus actually said.

I'm well-aware of what "Jeebus" actually said. He said that, since the government had issued the currency, that it deserved to get a portion of that currency in return. I thought that was fair and logical. And while there are problems with Jesus' overall views on how one treats enemies, it's better than many alternative theories that have been suggested.

You don't have to dismiss everything that a person says just because you don't like that person. Not everything that Jesus said is "wrong" just because you disagree with him on a general basis. That's strikingly similar to those irrational people who think everything that Obama has done is wrong, just because he's a democrat. My republican parents have even insulted the man for killing Bin Laden based on this presumption that Obama can't have done anything right just because they disagree with his liberal views.

It ain't a "he said," it's an ideology. Undecided

[Image: 10339580_583235681775606_5139032440228868471_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2013, 06:48 PM
Now in my little spec of America everyone that I know that is a Democrat is a Christian. And the few that I know that are not believers or agnostic are all Republicans, including myself. Now this does not seem to be the "norm", so I'm told but it is in my little spec of America.
I still don't understand what the hell religion has anything to do with politics to begin with.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
12-05-2013, 07:04 PM
(12-05-2013 05:17 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  "I like his views on poverty, charity, mercy, and humility. I also thought his answer to the question of taxes was clever and quite logical."

I'm well-aware of what "Jeebus" actually said. He said that, since the government had issued the currency, that it deserved to get a portion of that currency in return. I thought that was fair and logical. And while there are problems with Jesus' overall views on how one treats enemies, it's better than many alternative theories that have been suggested.

You don't have to dismiss everything that a person says just because you don't like that person. Not everything that Jesus said is "wrong" just because you disagree with him on a general basis. That's strikingly similar to those irrational people who think everything that Obama has done is wrong, just because he's a democrat. My republican parents have even insulted the man for killing Bin Laden based on this presumption that Obama can't have done anything right just because they disagree with his liberal views.

I think most of what he has done will have disastrous effects on the future of our country but only time will tell. I don't think this because he is a Democrat I think this because I disagree with his policies. Personally I think he is very arrogant and he makes my skin crawl. I just don't like him. Right now I really don't trust any the politicians in office and I don't care what letter is behind their name.
I do agree with you on one thing. Your parents sound just like mine. They hated everything Bush did just because he was a republican. It's wrong no matter how you look at it. It's no different than when we are called horrible people just because we are atheists. Just more childish, name calling and finger pointing.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
12-05-2013, 07:09 PM
(12-05-2013 07:04 PM)smidgen Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 11:44 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  I'm well-aware of what "Jeebus" actually said. He said that, since the government had issued the currency, that it deserved to get a portion of that currency in return. I thought that was fair and logical. And while there are problems with Jesus' overall views on how one treats enemies, it's better than many alternative theories that have been suggested.

I think most of what he has done will have disastrous effects on the future of our country but only time will tell. I don't think this because he is a Democrat I think this because I disagree with his policies. Personally I think he is very arrogant and he makes my skin crawl. I just don't like him. Right now I really don't trust any the politicians in office and I don't care what letter is behind their name.
I do agree with you on one thing. Your parents sound just like mine. They hated everything Bush did just because he was a republican. It's wrong no matter how you look at it. It's no different than when we are called horrible people just because we are atheists. Just more childish, name calling and finger pointing.

Might I ask as a skeptic how you came to be a republican?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
12-05-2013, 08:41 PM

Apologies Starcrash. I thought I was addressing the Spectral dude. I'm sure you're aware what Jeebus said.
13-05-2013, 08:01 AM
"I like his views on poverty, charity, mercy.

I have a bible in my hotel room but I did my usual thing of running it under the tap and chucking it in the freezer compartment of the fridge.

It's kinda difficult to read now.
[/quote]
That's not very charitable you evil atheist but hilarious.
13-05-2013, 03:42 PM
(13-05-2013 08:01 AM)sandman Wrote:  "I like his views on poverty, charity, mercy.

I have a bible in my hotel room but I did my usual thing of running it under the tap and chucking it in the freezer compartment of the fridge.

[/quote]

Thank you. One tries to entertain.

Not charitable? T'is but a small deed but repeated many times could save many a soul.

DLJ... saving humanity, one frozen bible at a time.

Bowing

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
13-05-2013, 03:47 PM
(13-05-2013 03:42 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(13-05-2013 08:01 AM)sandman Wrote:  "I like his views on poverty, charity, mercy.

Thank you. One tries to entertain.

Not charitable? T'is but a small deed but repeated many times could save many a soul.

DLJ... saving humanity, one frozen bible at a time.

Bowing

That's cold. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post