Why are non-believers so afraid of blasphemy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2015, 03:23 PM
RE: Why are non-believers so afraid of blasphemy?
(13-04-2015 03:15 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(12-04-2015 07:37 PM)TheBear Wrote:  Agreed.

Also, I've never encountered an atheist who was angry at god. Consider

TheBear? Meet Revenant77x. Big Grin

(12-04-2015 07:26 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Fuck god right in his rotten cunt, the bastard. ... Wait what was the question?

As far as fictional characters go God is much further down the list of characters I hate than say Jar Jar Binks.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
14-04-2015, 06:01 AM
RE: Why are non-believers so afraid of blasphemy?
(12-04-2015 07:17 PM)ATB Wrote:  Luke 12:10 & Mark 3:29
~Blasphemers will not be forgiven~

I think that may be the reason for the fear people have against calling out the bible for the BS it is.

Does anyone else run into these fearful non-believers?

I used to be one of those people.

It took me around a year-and-a-half to cope with the growing doubt and disbelief I was experiencing. I finally got to a point where I pretty much knew I didn't believe, but it still took another six months to be able to admit it to myself. That last six months was mostly me worrying that I was still somehow wrong, and this was a test, and I was failing. I was still afraid of going to a hell I didn't believe in.

What finally broke that is when I realized that I'd never lost any sleep about going to Muslim hell or Pastafarian hell, and it's not like Christianity is bringing more to the table than them.

It's entirely possible your friends are still in a transition between belief and non-belief.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply