Why are people who think the Earth is 6000 years old running for office

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2014, 04:10 PM
Why are people who think the Earth is 6000 years old running for office
I mean seriously, if someone can't even grasp basic science how are they going to be an effective President/Senator/whatever
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Aleprauchanist's post
01-04-2014, 04:22 PM
RE: Why are people who think the Earth is 6000 years old running for office
No idea. Wouldn't happen in my neck of the woods.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
01-04-2014, 04:58 PM
(01-04-2014 04:10 PM)Aleprauchanist Wrote:  I mean seriously, if someone can't even grasp basic science how are they going to be an effective President/Senator/whatever

It's MURIKA!

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 3 users Like Alex_Leonardo's post
01-04-2014, 05:06 PM
(01-04-2014 04:10 PM)Aleprauchanist Wrote:  I mean seriously, if someone can't even grasp basic science how are they going to be an effective President/Senator/whatever

Because they're running for office in the Bible Belt. The name for that area says it all.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
01-04-2014, 05:09 PM
Because its America... The conservative obsession with the "three Gs" (God, gays and guns).

None of that shite over here... And this is officially a Christian country!

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
01-04-2014, 05:22 PM
(01-04-2014 05:09 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  Because its America... The conservative obsession with the "three Gs" (God, gays and guns).

None of that shite over here... And this is officially a Christian country!

Lucky bastard.

And you're right, they are obsessed with all three of those. They love the shit out of Jesus, "need" to stockpile weapons, and hate them gays (just like god does).
I think their holy trinity is Jesus, Smith & Wesson.

The WWJD shit needs to be changed to WWJS:

Who would Jesus shoot?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 1 user Likes Jeffasaurus's post
01-04-2014, 05:24 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2014 05:27 PM by Banjo.)
We in Australia have a Bible thumping climate change denier who kowtows to the Catholic church as our leader. And Australians voted out an atheist to get him.

A quick search found this quote and critique.

http://turnleft2013.wordpress.com/2013/0...eationism/

" “I don’t say that evolution is a complete and entirely satisfactory scientific explanation of the origin of man. Still, I think it’s more plausible than treating the Adam and Eve story as literal truth (if that’s what creationists say)"

This quote achieves four things for Tony Abbott
1. He walks the fence. It is a well-known tactic of Abbott’s and the Liberal party, to take both sides of an issue, then when questioned later, he can claim either position as his true position. If you can’t pin Wishy-Washy Abbott down on specifics, he can’t be held to account.
2. Panders to the evangelical christians, (some of who believe fossilised dinosaur bones that are millions of years old were a built-in feature when God created the world) while not quite alienating everyone else.
3. Raises questions about science. If science doesn’t know 100% the facts on something like evolution, how can they know about other things, such as climate science or whether smoking causes cancer. It’s “plausible” yes, it’s plausible no.

4. Opens up the educated to being distrusted. The war against the educated is a classic tactic of the Right against the Left. A celebration of dumbed-down people who can no longer think for themselves and have outsourced their thinking to Rupert Murdoch and his LNP minions.
Miranda Devine in Murdoch’s News Limited provides the perfect example:
A new ruling class of university-educated “progressives”, “sophisticates”, “elites” and “latte-sippers” have emerged as an un-Australian clique trying to lord it over everyone else. Controlling media, law, education and the political class, they threaten Australia’s great egalitarian democratic project
Source: here

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
01-04-2014, 06:25 PM

Who says they do believe that?
Apparently you have absolutely no Atheists in government... yet... you do...

American politicians were always very good at being obviously brown nosing cunts.
Just, everyone else in the world can see but you guys can't.

If what get's you into that high paying government job is saying you believe in Creationism, than fuck it, you "believe in Creationism."

[Image: oscar.png]
01-04-2014, 06:42 PM
(01-04-2014 06:25 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  

Who says they do believe that?
Apparently you have absolutely no Atheists in government... yet... you do...

American politicians were always very good at being obviously brown nosing cunts.
Just, everyone else in the world can see but you guys can't.

If what get's you into that high paying government job is saying you believe in Creationism, than fuck it, you "believe in Creationism."

There are a few, but dammed few. It is actually against the law in several states for an atheist to hold public office. I'm sure there is an odd atheist in government in those states, but they dare not utter a peep lest they encounter a backlash of magnificent proportions. Almost the same as not having any.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
01-04-2014, 06:48 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2014 07:00 PM by f stop.)
One of the reasons I admit to being an atheist is that I have absolutely no plans to run for office.Einstein

If I wanted to run for office I'd convert very quickly.Banana_zorro

Sapere aude