01-04-2014, 08:55 PM
RE: Why are people who think the Earth is 6000 years old running for office
Scary, ain't it!

Manifest Insanity @ Amazon
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2014, 09:27 AM
I think there are far more church-going closet atheists running for office than we know. To admit it would be political suicide so they don't.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
Find all posts by this user
02-04-2014, 09:41 AM
Probably the same reason why a Christian is allowed to be an admin on an atheist forum. Their personal beliefs are not a direct correlation on their ability to govern.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
02-04-2014, 09:45 AM
(02-04-2014 09:27 AM)Impulse Wrote:  I think there are far more church-going closet atheists running for office than we know. To admit it would be political suicide so they don't.

This...exactly.

It's an illusion that is created to appeal to the constituents. Whatever they need to say to please/appease the masses. It's an advertising ploy in many cases.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
02-04-2014, 09:46 AM
(02-04-2014 09:41 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Probably the same reason why a Christian is allowed to be an admin on an atheist forum. Their personal beliefs are not a direct correlation on their ability to govern.

KC, you're a rare breed and not comparable to idiots like that. If you were on here constantly spouting off anti-science BS, I doubt you'd be an admin.

You are able to separate your personal beliefs from your duties here, and that's why we love, trust, and respect you. These politicians are apparently incapable of this.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
02-04-2014, 09:53 AM
(02-04-2014 09:46 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(02-04-2014 09:41 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Probably the same reason why a Christian is allowed to be an admin on an atheist forum. Their personal beliefs are not a direct correlation on their ability to govern.

KC, you're a rare breed and not comparable to idiots like that. If you were on here constantly spouting off anti-science BS, I doubt you'd be an admin.

You are able to separate your personal beliefs from your duties here, and that's why we love, trust, and respect you. These politicians are apparently incapable of this.

Thanks. Appreciate that.

But that also begs the question, "Are they constantly spouting off YEC propaganda?"

Or is it something that was mentioned as his/her belief, yet he's not using or referencing it on any governmental platform.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
02-04-2014, 10:02 AM
Something else to think about:

Ask this question from a different point of view.

Let's say a Christian asks, "What are people who don't believe in God running for office?

I mean seriously, if someone can't even grasp the basic concept of God how are they going to be an effective President/Senator/whatever."

An atheist response would, of course, be, "Personal beliefs have no bearing on his ability to govern."

Why is this different?

02-04-2014, 10:06 AM
(02-04-2014 10:02 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Something else to think about:

Let's say a Christian asks, "What are people who don't believe in God running for office?

I mean seriously, if someone can't even grasp the basic concept of God how are they going to be an effective President/Senator/whatever."

An atheist response would, of course, be, "Personal beliefs have no bearing on his ability to govern."

Why is this different?

http://crooksandliars.com/2014/03/two-ch...lock-third

Being discussed here http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ever-stops

Here is a Google search of creationists attempting to block science from public schools

https://www.google.com/#q=creationist+blocks+evolution

If Atheists were attempting to force their dogma on everyone by outlawing churches then we could have a discussion about how neither is better not in this case.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
02-04-2014, 10:12 AM
(02-04-2014 10:02 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Something else to think about:

Why is this different?

Because (we assume) an atheist wouldn't make laws that force everyone to accept and conform to his/her religiously-based personal beliefs.

See: Santorum, Rick, et al.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
02-04-2014, 10:13 AM
(02-04-2014 09:53 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  ...But that also begs the question, "Are they constantly spouting off YEC propaganda?"

Some of them, yes. Some of them absoultly are!

Some of them are basing policy on anti-science pro-"God" did it ideology.

Some base going to war or not, on the impending return of "Jesus", and that this is a "Christian Nation" with special protections from "God", and that other country is not, so "God" is on ourside. No need to worry about whether it's the right thing to do.

Some base doing anything to slow climate change on the belief that "God" is the one in control.

Some base allowing a woman the right to "choose" on "God's" agenda.

Some fight to oppress others civil right, based on their own religious belief, that those others do not share.

Some would hold back scientific education, and a productive society for fear that allowing unfettered scientific inquiry will destroy "God".

Some would cut down the oppressed and poor, and buttress the wealthy because "God" allowed it, so that's why it's this way.

Some say, publicly...where people can hear them..., "No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God.”. That was a fucking president of the United States who said that. And not terribly long ago.

Yes, it fucking matters!

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post