Why are so many forums rubbish?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2014, 09:28 AM
Why are so many forums rubbish?
I got an infraction on another forum for calling someone "a liar".

According to the mods there that is an insult.....

I guess as most of you are aware, almoust all forums out there have this reched prudish aproach to swearing and insults, many outright censoring such essential staples of conversation like fuck and cunt.

Why do so many people on the web shose this disgusting form of self censoing?

In many cases it seems as if the internet is filled with the most reched scum on earth.

But from my recent expiriences I have to argue that there is just and equal amount of people who are prudish bastards with an inner stasi to satisfy through censoring anything they come across.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like The Germans are coming's post
20-12-2014, 10:02 AM
RE: Why are so many forums rubbish?
For some reason people really get their panties in a twist over stupid stuff like that. Every now and then we get someone coming through here who encourages us "not to be vulgar" or some such shit. They just need to be firmly and politely told to fuck off.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
20-12-2014, 10:19 AM
(20-12-2014 10:02 AM)morondog Wrote:  For some reason people really get their panties in a twist over stupid stuff like that. Every now and then we get someone coming through here who encourages us "not to be vulgar" or some such shit. They just need to be firmly and politely told to fuck off.

Vulgar is in the eye or ear of the beholder.

If someone can't take the non-sanitized conversation that goes on here, they need to get the fuck out.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
20-12-2014, 11:55 AM
Was it your delivery of calling someone a liar?

It really chaps my ass to censor myself - it feels dishonest, in a way.

I really don't appreciate being told my use of the four lettered word fuck is vulgar. It's such a lovely word with so many meanings - a jewel of the English language.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
20-12-2014, 12:18 PM
C
(20-12-2014 11:55 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Was it your delivery of calling someone a liar?

It really chaps my ass to censor myself - it feels dishonest, in a way.

I really don't appreciate being told my use of the four lettered word fuck is vulgar. It's such a lovely word with so many meanings - a jewel of the English language.

FUCK YEAH!! FUCK IS THE BEST FUCKING WORD IN THE FUCKING WORLD! FUCK ANYONE WHO DOES NOT LIKE THE FUCKING WORD FUCK. FUCK YEAH I LOVE THE WORD FUCK!!!

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
20-12-2014, 12:25 PM
(20-12-2014 12:18 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  FUCK YEAH!! FUCK IS THE BEST FUCKING WORD IN THE FUCKING WORLD! FUCK ANYONE WHO DOES NOT LIKE THE FUCKING WORD FUCK. FUCK YEAH I LOVE THE WORD FUCK!!!

You seem to have contracted fuckitis.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
20-12-2014, 12:32 PM
(20-12-2014 11:55 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I really don't appreciate being told my use of the four lettered word fuck is vulgar. It's such a lovely word with so many meanings - a jewel of the English language.

It truly is a lovely and multi-talented word but I think overuse lessens the impact of words, it desensitizes the reader/listener to the music.

I prefer to use vulgarities judiciously, especially irl. When I worked in an office people thought of me a bit prudish because I didn’t throw around “the 7 dirty words” as often as they did. I still don’t because I want the full on impact when I do. I pick my moment when the listener is not expecting it and then POW! I hit them with a fuck right between the eyes! Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
20-12-2014, 12:48 PM
(20-12-2014 12:32 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(20-12-2014 11:55 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I really don't appreciate being told my use of the four lettered word fuck is vulgar. It's such a lovely word with so many meanings - a jewel of the English language.

It truly is a lovely and multi-talented word but I think overuse lessens the impact of words, it desensitizes the reader/listener to the music.

I prefer to use vulgarities judiciously, especially irl. When I worked in an office people thought of me a bit prudish because I didn’t throw around “the 7 dirty words” as often as they did. I still don’t because I want the full on impact when I do. I pick my moment when the listener is not expecting it and then POW! I hit them with a fuck right between the eyes! Big Grin

It's all down to one's personal style, my fornicatorarily vocabularied friend. It's an art form. As with painting, some use a heavy brush style and vigorously fuck everything, whereas some apply their fucks with a lighter touch with greater variations of light and shade... Any form, as long as it gets the fucking message across, is perfectly fucking acceptable...

Tongue

[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
20-12-2014, 01:16 PM
Re: Why are so many forums rubbish?
It's hard to get offended over dirty words. My father could not hold a conversation without throwing in colorful words. So many times I don't immediately notice them. Then when the person apologizes, I just shrug and say, "Eh, fuck it."
20-12-2014, 01:23 PM
(20-12-2014 01:16 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  It's hard to get offended over dirty words. My father could not hold a conversation without throwing in colorful words. So many times I don't immediately notice them. Then when the person apologizes, I just shrug and say, "Eh, fuck it."

You and I have the same boss and I think we have the same father. Gasp

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post