Why are the real conspiracies ignored?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-07-2012, 06:03 PM
RE: Why are the real conspiracies ignored?
Kim - on "Margin Call", you have to remember that it is a work of fiction. It is based on actual events, obviously, but the movie itself is a work of fiction. I believe the unnamed firm in the movie is modeled after Goldman, Sachs and the events portrayed, while cobbled together from several real life scenarios, are actually a work of fiction. I would not get overly hung up on whether it is closer to Lehman or Goldman or someone else as the movie was about no one specific.

Anyway, on to the actual conspiracy that no one is talking about: Barclays has now implicated Her Majesty's government in the conspiracy! Yes, that's right: there is an internal Barlcay's e-mail from 2008 where CEO Bob Diamond (an American - I'm so proud!) discusses a conversation he had with Bank of England deputy governor Paul Tucker in which Tucker apparently, either implicitly or explicitly, gave Barclays the greenlight to under report their cost of money to reduce LIBOR and EUROBOR rates. How fucking awesome is that! Now you've got government in on the scam! Of course the know one knows what Tucker actually said to Diamond (and from the very little I know about Paul Tucker (and it is very, very little) his credibility seems to be pretty high whereas Diamond is a parasite so I'm skeptical that the UK government gave a wink and a nod to this), but the accusation is now out there. And Barclays dropped this bombshell the night before Diamond had his ass hauled into Parliment.

Come on, people! This is a conspiracy! A real one at that. Per the internet rumor mill (and we all know the internet is the keeper of all truths), there are potentially 16 banks implicated in this, including many of the US banks like JPMC, Citi and Bank of America. If all these banks go down, the world wide economy can be a smoldering ruin. We're talking a world like "The Road Warrior" here. And, this is real and it is happening right now. In real time.

Why is hardly anyone paying attention to it?

As for being careful about being dismissive of some of these other conspiracies, all I'll say is this: I am dismissive of anything that would require a hundreds, if not thousands, of active participants and can not produce even one single witness to the conspiracy. When the only evidence is internet videos and suppositions, there is no evidence at all. I'm not saying that governments are not capable of some pretty nasty things, I think they are. But, the idea that a government can commit mass murder and stage an event like 9/11 and no one can find any concrete evidence? No one helped plant explosives? No one can find who bought or sold or delivered those explosives? No one ever reported anything suspicious at all? And, best of all, most of the stories about 9/11 that feed these conspiracies are pure bullshit that can easily be dismissed. If you want me to take this nonsense seriously, find me some evidence that it actually happened. Not some internet wingnut talking about the melting point of steel or telling me that a plane didn't actually hit the Pentagon. I mean a witness that saw something or knows something. Until that can be produced, it is all fantasy and a product of the tin foil hat club. And, worst of all, it detracts from the real things that governments do that we should be paying attention to, like conspire with financial institutions to keep the lot of us in a state of perpetual serfdom.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
04-07-2012, 06:31 PM
(04-07-2012 06:03 PM)BnW Wrote:  Kim - on "Margin Call", you have to remember that it is a work of fiction. It is based on actual events, obviously, but the movie itself is a work of fiction. I believe the unnamed firm in the movie is modeled after Goldman, Sachs and the events portrayed, while cobbled together from several real life scenarios, are actually a work of fiction. I would not get overly hung up on whether it is closer to Lehman or Goldman or someone else as the movie was about no one specific.

Anyway, on to the actual conspiracy that no one is talking about: Barclays has now implicated Her Majesty's government in the conspiracy! Yes, that's right: there is an internal Barlcay's e-mail from 2008 where CEO Bob Diamond (an American - I'm so proud!) discusses a conversation he had with Bank of England deputy governor Paul Tucker in which Tucker apparently, either implicitly or explicitly, gave Barclays the greenlight to under report their cost of money to reduce LIBOR and EUROBOR rates. How fucking awesome is that! Now you've got government in on the scam! Of course the know one knows what Tucker actually said to Diamond (and from the very little I know about Paul Tucker (and it is very, very little) his credibility seems to be pretty high whereas Diamond is a parasite so I'm skeptical that the UK government gave a wink and a nod to this), but the accusation is now out there. And Barclays dropped this bombshell the night before Diamond had his ass hauled into Parliment.

Come on, people! This is a conspiracy! A real one at that. Per the internet rumor mill (and we all know the internet is the keeper of all truths), there are potentially 16 banks implicated in this, including many of the US banks like JPMC, Citi and Bank of America. If all these banks go down, the world wide economy can be a smoldering ruin. We're talking a world like "The Road Warrior" here. And, this is real and it is happening right now. In real time.

Why is hardly anyone paying attention to it?

As for being careful about being dismissive of some of these other conspiracies, all I'll say is this: I am dismissive of anything that would require a hundreds, if not thousands, of active participants and can not produce even one single witness to the conspiracy. When the only evidence is internet videos and suppositions, there is no evidence at all. I'm not saying that governments are not capable of some pretty nasty things, I think they are. But, the idea that a government can commit mass murder and stage an event like 9/11 and no one can find any concrete evidence? No one helped plant explosives? No one can find who bought or sold or delivered those explosives? No one ever reported anything suspicious at all? And, best of all, most of the stories about 9/11 that feed these conspiracies are pure bullshit that can easily be dismissed. If you want me to take this nonsense seriously, find me some evidence that it actually happened. Not some internet wingnut talking about the melting point of steel or telling me that a plane didn't actually hit the Pentagon. I mean a witness that saw something or knows something. Until that can be produced, it is all fantasy and a product of the tin foil hat club. And, worst of all, it detracts from the real things that governments do that we should be paying attention to, like conspire with financial institutions to keep the lot of us in a state of perpetual serfdom.
The unfortunate truth is that if you talk to solders that came back from Afghanistan they are astounded that people do not realize what is going on over there on a day to day basis. So yes the government is very capable of doing things without public knowledge. Your main point is very serious and you have your own focus, so I will leave it at that.

"No matter how old or young everyone is worth it, everyone can learn and no one is beneath you unless they claim to be above you." -Myself
04-07-2012, 06:41 PM
(04-07-2012 06:03 PM)BnW Wrote:  Anyway, on to the actual conspiracy that no one is talking about: Barclays has now implicated Her Majesty's government in the conspiracy! Yes, that's right: there is an internal Barlcay's e-mail from 2008 where CEO Bob Diamond (an American - I'm so proud!) discusses a conversation he had with Bank of England deputy governor Paul Tucker in which Tucker apparently, either implicitly or explicitly, gave Barclays the greenlight to under report their cost of money to reduce LIBOR and EUROBOR rates. How fucking awesome is that! Now you've got government in on the scam! Of course the know one knows what Tucker actually said to Diamond (and from the very little I know about Paul Tucker (and it is very, very little) his credibility seems to be pretty high whereas Diamond is a parasite so I'm skeptical that the UK government gave a wink and a nod to this), but the accusation is now out there. And Barclays dropped this bombshell the night before Diamond had his ass hauled into Parliment.
A little bit of reading from todays UK mainstream so people can understand a bit better what BNW is mentioning with regards to Libor.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18717515

You're never going to say the things you want to say.
The things you want to change will usually stay that way
The promises you break outweigh the ones you keep.
Paint upon the wall for the hundredth time.

Jesus Jones
05-07-2012, 12:08 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2012 12:30 AM by kim.)
(04-07-2012 06:03 PM)BnW Wrote:  Kim - on "Margin Call", you have to remember that it is a work of fiction. It is based on actual events, obviously, but the movie itself is a work of fiction. I believe the unnamed firm in the movie is modeled after Goldman, Sachs and the events portrayed, while cobbled together from several real life scenarios, are actually a work of fiction. I would not get overly hung up on whether it is closer to Lehman or Goldman or someone else as the movie was about no one specific.

Well, duh.
Of course it was an amalgam work of fiction... I stated as much before I even said the name of the movie. No need to get all bent out of shape. Dodgy

Hey, I've already lived through this shit and am only here with barely a passing interest. I'm busy with my life. You figure it out.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
05-07-2012, 09:21 AM
I think the problem with the economy coming under scrutiny is that it is such a behemoth of a system to actually understand..... the working of the system locally and then globally.

Money can be played around with..... moved to different countries...... produced out of thin air within certain conditions (especially quantitative easing)..... it falls under many different laws dependent upon which country your in... and if you try to research it in the "conspiracy community" you will stand the chance of finding only half truths and a very biased opinion..... which doesnt help situations as

You dont know the truth..... but think you do.... Which makes you look stupid when somebody blows you out and explains it to you..... which then instantly puts you in the catergory of "Conspiracy theorist" and not to be taken seriously.

Because of how elaborate the system is I think it puts people off who have no real education or basic understanding of how it all operates..... it is easier and more entertaining to speculate about the UK goverments decision to have anti-aircraft missles stationed in residential zones during the olympics than it is to discuss a criminal investigation, reform and then tightening of regulation in the economic zone..... or whatever other solution is conjured up.

Unfortunatly I dont see anything changing soon....... not until they start educating people at a state level of how the system operates.

You're never going to say the things you want to say.
The things you want to change will usually stay that way
The promises you break outweigh the ones you keep.
Paint upon the wall for the hundredth time.

Jesus Jones
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
05-07-2012, 09:36 AM
My thought is that perhaps these systems are complex enough that they are beyond *anyone's* control. With skill and luck you can learn *some* control, like surfing a wave, but you can't control the overall direction.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
05-07-2012, 09:38 AM
There are a lot of very scary, very real "conspiracies" that get little to no attention.

Bilderburg scares the piss out of me.

ಠ_ಠ
[+] 2 users Like StatiK's post
06-07-2012, 02:15 PM
That depressing crap doesn't make for good entertainment value, guy.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
06-07-2012, 06:55 PM
(06-07-2012 02:15 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  That depressing crap doesn't make for good entertainment value, guy.
All this euro-drama has NOTHING to do with the Kardashians! lol
[+] 1 user Likes StatiK's post
06-07-2012, 11:41 PM
(05-07-2012 09:38 AM)StatiK Wrote:  There are a lot of very scary, very real "conspiracies" that get little to no attention.

Bilderburg scares the piss out of me.

ಠ_ಠ

Oh yea... we have something like that here in the US... I can't remember where it takes place, though. I think there might be a thread about it somewhere here... or that may have been on another forum altogether. Consider

I know that someone secretly got some photos of a recent meeting and I remember seeing Colin Powell was in attendance, among a bunch of other political and wealthy guys. Weird. What do they do there? I don't think it scares me. It's just weird. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.