Why are the real conspiracies ignored?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2012, 03:51 AM
RE: Why are the real conspiracies ignored?

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2012, 05:48 AM
(07-07-2012 03:51 AM)bemore Wrote:  

The audio seems to be awfully out of sync with the video. Are you sure that this isn't a fake?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
07-07-2012, 06:10 AM
(07-07-2012 05:48 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(07-07-2012 03:51 AM)bemore Wrote:  

The audio seems to be awfully out of sync with the video. Are you sure that this isn't a fake?
http://www.europarl.europa.eu/sides/getD...=1-127-000 Smile

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
07-07-2012, 06:16 AM
(07-07-2012 06:10 AM)bemore Wrote:  
(07-07-2012 05:48 AM)Vosur Wrote:  The audio seems to be awfully out of sync with the video. Are you sure that this isn't a fake?
http://www.europarl.europa.eu/sides/getD...=1-127-000 Smile
Alright, thanks for the link. Thumbsup

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
07-07-2012, 10:18 AM
I don't get the fascination with the Bilderberg stuff. Does every time a bunch of people with money get together have to be a conspiracy? Maybe they are just discussing their golf games. But, the probability that they need these meetings to discuss nefarious things is pretty slim. If they want to plan our destruction, or whatever, they have board meetings, lobbyist meetings, the G8 summit that happens in front of the whole world but no one gets to witness the actual discussions, conferences like Davos, etc. They don't need some secret organization to fuck with us. They do it right out in the open half the time.

But hey! Let's go pick out some random organization and call that the conspiracy and the root of all evil! That way, we can completely ignore the things happening right out in the open that we don't take the time to understand and feel that we can't do anything about. Minor things like roto-signings, currency swaps that can (and have) crater an economy, the civilian death toll from the war on drugs, the fact that the part of the US that grows a frightening amount of the world's wheat is being burned into a desert as it sits under record heat for 3 weeks, the manipulation of commodities markets, etc. These things aren't conspiracies because we can see them happening. And, as we seem collectively helpless to do anything about it, let's go focus on some secret meetings!

Who's with me!

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
07-07-2012, 10:58 AM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2012 11:06 AM by bemore.)
(07-07-2012 10:18 AM)BnW Wrote:  I don't get the fascination with the Bilderberg stuff. Does every time a bunch of people with money get together have to be a conspiracy? Maybe they are just discussing their golf games. But, the probability that they need these meetings to discuss nefarious things is pretty slim. If they want to plan our destruction, or whatever, they have board meetings, lobbyist meetings, the G8 summit that happens in front of the whole world but no one gets to witness the actual discussions, conferences like Davos, etc. They don't need some secret organization to fuck with us. They do it right out in the open half the time.

But hey! Let's go pick out some random organization and call that the conspiracy and the root of all evil! That way, we can completely ignore the things happening right out in the open that we don't take the time to understand and feel that we can't do anything about. Minor things like roto-signings, currency swaps that can (and have) crater an economy, the civilian death toll from the war on drugs, the fact that the part of the US that grows a frightening amount of the world's wheat is being burned into a desert as it sits under record heat for 3 weeks, the manipulation of commodities markets, etc. These things aren't conspiracies because we can see them happening. And, as we seem collectively helpless to do anything about it, let's go focus on some secret meetings!

Who's with me!
Here is something to consider......... If a couple of months ago I was to create a thread about the Major banking institutes of the world colluding to fix the Libor rate........ without indicative proof people would of called me a conspiracy theorist (and whos to blame them)

Im sure in that hypothetical thread people would of put the point across of how regulated the system is and how the biggest fraud job ever in the history of the planet wouldnt of gone unseen by some regulatory body and also that for something this big to actually happen (seeing as it affects the whole world and how mammoth the economic system is) ........ somebody would know about it and spill the beans (much like I get told this about 9/11 etc etc)

Im sure people would roll there eyes at the hypothetical thread........ it would divide opinion.

Just something to consider, for when people shrug things off Cool

EDIT: At the end of the day though people have been screaming about things like this happening for years and years and years and nothing has been done about it.

Hell, millions of people worldwide stood together in that part of history called "The Occupy Movement" for months and months and months and screamed this shout out for the WHOLE WORLD TO HEAR (when the mainstream decided to show it) and people selflessly gave up there lifes and time to go and try to change the world........ peacefully.

It achieved nothing....... Sad

So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
07-07-2012, 11:54 AM
There are two problems with your LIBOR example, though.

The first, and one you actually point out, is that without proof, it is nothing but a wingnut conspiracy theory. If you had come here, or anywhere for that matter, with some type of analysis on interest rate trends, the amount of capital banks were taking on, etc. and said that, mathematically, the LIBOR rates do not add up when considering the overall economic picture, you would have had people listening. I'm pretty sure that this is how the investigations were started - someone noticed that the numbers just were not adding up. But, for a charge of wrong doing, any charge, to be taken seriously, there has to be proof.

The second problem with your example is the attempt to extrapolate it out. The LIBOR fixwithin Barclays took a total of 14 people to run. That is a pretty small number. And, it was a conspiracy in the sense that they all agreed to conduct a criminal act and not make it public but it was not like they went to great lengths to keep this a secret. They were using their company e-mails for pete's sake. They were having discussions about it on the phone in open rooms. They were not hanging up billboards or advertising it to shareholders but they were not going to great lengths to keep the world from knowing. The cover-up aspect of it seemed to be combination of the not talking about it to outsiders, and assuming no one was going to come and ask. Once someone did, the whole thing seemed to blow open fairly quickly. And, these guys had no incentive to go make this public because they were all getting very, very rich off this scam.

Now, compare that with, say, 9/11. For that conspiracy to be true, there would had to have been hundreds, if not thousands, of people in on the deal, committed to keeping it a secret, and for no obvious benefit. No only would the conspirators not get rich off the deal, but they would also have been responsible for the murders of almost 3,000 people. That's a lot to live with and keep quiet about it. And, keeping quiet about it puts your life in danger because the longer you are quiet, the greater the risk you will start talking. The easiest thing to do there is go to public. Once you are public the publicity will help protect you and you can capitalize on the events. And yet, no one - not one single person - has ever come forward and said they helped plant explosives in the towers, or delivered explosives or buy explosives. Not one member of the custodial staff ever came forward and said they saw something suspicious. Knocking down 3 buildings and making it look like an accident takes a lot of people and a lot of effort. Where are the people who contributed the effort? Why has no one EVER come forward Are they all dead? If so, don't you think conspiracy theorists would be all over a story about how all the overnight custodial staff of the 3 down buildings died in mysterious ways? The total lack of human witnesses and people not keeping quiet about it is what disproves a conspiracy like 9/11.

As for Occupy Wall Street, while I agree they have not had immediate effect, I think the jury is still out as to their messaging. Large monied interests control a lot, including politics and media. But, I think the message is slowly getting thru. Eventually, I think you'll see changes. Hopefully, the worldwide economy doesn't go down in flames before we do.

07-07-2012, 01:26 PM
(07-07-2012 10:18 AM)BnW Wrote:  ... the fact that the part of the US that grows a frightening amount of the world's wheat is being burned into a desert as it sits under record heat for 3 weeks...

Just to interject... the wheat harvest has been finished for about 4 weeks, now. Until around late August, the concentration will be corn and beans, both of which look good, so far. We're getting rain tonight, tomorrow, and Monday - should cool shit off a bit.

I'm not certain where you wanted to go with that but it might have some bering.

It's all cool, proceed. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
08-07-2012, 11:35 AM
What I know about farming could fit .... well, it could fit anywhere as I know nothing about farming. And, when it comes to plants and stuff, I'm the grim reaper. My wife won't even let me water them for fear I'll kill them off.

Anyway, the only point I was trying to make is that the place where a lot of the food that is shipped all over the world becoming hotter and, therefore, drier, is probably not a good thing in terms of our long term survival as a species and maybe the conspiracy of climate change denial is a better one to focus on than some of these other nuttier ones.

[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
09-07-2012, 04:46 AM
Ah conspiracies... My favourite one, with the most evidences, logic and history is the Hemp Revolution. It is so openly visible, yet it is still called a conspiracy, so why bother with any other then, if this one is still not recognized as truth and lies?

You come to the textile museum in USA and all they have in museum is the last 100 years of textile history, only cotton and nylon. When asked about hemp, their response is that they removed it from the museum to not confuse the kids. Not confuse the kids? So you change history and forget about a few thousand years of textile history? Nice. Good thing the kids are not confused now.

So, don't be surprised if big and powerful banking institutions cover up their tracks and call that conspiracy. It is a part of our everyday life, deal with it.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post