Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2010, 06:18 AM

RE: Why are the religious so scared?
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2010, 02:58 PM

08-03-2010, 03:08 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2010 03:13 PM by Unbeliever.)
(08-03-2010 02:58 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  And that if God were removed I would become immoral is equally as dumb.

Weren't you arguing that atheists were less moral in another thread?

Quote:Lets say I reversed what you said and I based my belief in God because my uncle bob is an atheist and he doesn't recycle, or a hand full of atheists did immoral things, and the reason you want homosexual marriage is your in the closet. etc you would laugh me out of here which is what I am doing to you.

Actually, martinb59, you have done this. You see fit to declare as fact that we are atheists because we don't want to obey your god. You are doing EXACTLY what you are telling supermanlives not to do. While I don't support straw men, you aren't really in a position to complain.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2010, 07:23 PM

(07-03-2010 08:55 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  
(07-03-2010 08:41 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(07-03-2010 07:13 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  Fifth, Atheists commenting on the Bible and Christianity is like me commenting on Australian Rules football, or knitting etc. I know nothing about those things, so to comment on them, and to think I am right in my opinion is delusional.

HYPOCRISY

Based on you using the term "Bullocks" I guess you are from the UK, so should I say Rugby?

Also look up the word Hypocrisy, unless it was meant as joke, it doesn't apply. What is there to know about atheism? You don't believe in a God, not that hard to grasp.
08-03-2010, 07:47 PM
(08-03-2010 07:23 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  
(07-03-2010 08:55 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  
(07-03-2010 08:41 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(07-03-2010 07:13 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  Fifth, Atheists commenting on the Bible and Christianity is like me commenting on Australian Rules football, or knitting etc. I know nothing about those things, so to comment on them, and to think I am right in my opinion is delusional.

HYPOCRISY

Based on you using the term "Bullocks" I guess you are from the UK, so should I say Rugby?

Also look up the word Hypocrisy, unless it was meant as joke, it doesn't apply.

Yes, it does. You claim that we can't know about Christianity since we are not Christian, and therefore we cannot talk about it. Yet you are not an atheist and you see fit to talk about atheism. That, good sir, is hypocrisy.

Quote:What is there to know about atheism? You don't believe in a God, not that hard to grasp.

Yet you have previously tried to disprove atheism by attacking evolution, determinism and several other philosophies.
Come to that, what is there to know about Christianity? You believe in Jesus and the Bible. Not that hard to grasp.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2010, 06:01 AM

10-03-2010, 10:38 AM

Martin... do you take a class in misquotation or is your reading comprehension so wacked you cannot notice?. And also you seem you base your entire argument for believing in this nonsense on Pascals Wager.. So you base it all on fear. Sad... just sad.
10-03-2010, 11:31 AM

Ahoy, shows you know nothing about Pascals wager. The one time I did mention it, I said it was a form of it. I think Pascals wager is true, but I would never use it to convince someone of God.
10-03-2010, 11:41 AM

Funny.. cause I have read it at least twice in different threads from you.
10-03-2010, 12:21 PM

(10-03-2010 11:41 AM)DrNekoDR Wrote:  Funny.. cause I have read it at least twice in different threads from you.

You guys think I am brain dead and maybe I am, show me where I said that. I don't remember saying that If I believe in God and he doesn't exist I am worm food. And If He doesn't exist and I believe He doesn't exist I am worm food. And If He exists and I don't believe He exists then I am in hell. And if He exists and I believe He exists then I am in heaven. So the only smart way to bet is on God existing and believing in Him. I don't remember saying that, so lease show me the post.