Why are there societal rules on what people should like and how they should like.?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2015, 10:05 PM
RE: Why are there societal rules on what people should like and how they should like.?
(14-07-2015 10:02 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Like I said, it's the social evolutionary factors that came up with us humans.

In group - Out group mentalities that strengthen bonds of kinship and competition to motivate a community of whatever group to desire spreading their genes.

People also tend to mimic those they admire. So when someone highly admired does X, there are many copying that and it becomes a trend. It's about following trends, wanting to be apart of the in-group unit, and people caring for "traditional" roles.

I get it.... I was just clarifying.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2015, 10:52 PM
RE: Why are there societal rules on what people should like and how they should like.?
(14-07-2015 09:50 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  guys are to yada yada and can't do anything girls do
white people are not sapposed to like hip hop{highly hypothetical this one}
you should where your hair at certan lengths{this one isn't even about gender}

basic stipulation on how to express yourself. also what you should or shouldn't like= race, gender, nationality and other.
I don't worry about any of that.
Just be yourself.

If others don't like it, or don't get it, then that's their problem.
14-07-2015, 11:01 PM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2015 09:27 AM by Thumpalumpacus.)
Nothing tells me what I should and shouldn't like. Or, in other words, fuck off.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
14-07-2015, 11:30 PM
RE: Why are there societal rules?
Reminds me of...

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
15-07-2015, 03:44 AM
Why are there societal rules on what people should like and how they should l...
(10-07-2015 06:02 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  what do you think.....?????

People are incredibly social beings, and we rely heavily on our interactions with others to thrive, and even survive, in the world. To avoid chaos, humans create social norms. The norms establish acceptable ways for us to respond to each other. A perfect example is waiting in line; we expect people also to wait their turn. As a result, we get upset when someone decides to cut in line: they violated a social norm.

One of the primary reasons we conform is the threat of punishment. There are a plethora or studies that show when the threat of punishment is eliminated people tend to deviate and disregard social norms.

One can easily bring this back around and connect the dots to religion. Is it a coincidence that religions were instituted and their main trump card was a threat of being damned to hell or some kind of bad place? No fucking way!

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 2 users Like Tonechaser77's post