Why are we here?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2011, 02:14 PM
RE: Why are we here?
I LOVE reading this thread. Makes it all worth while!!!

I'm here because of all you.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
04-12-2011, 02:29 PM
I'm here because I had a vision of Gwyneth Paltrow; who begot some shit (whatever that means) and told me to deliver it to Houseofcantor. :J
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes itsFerdinand's post
04-12-2011, 04:47 PM
Came here from a muscle board which had a Men's Health Forum where the predominant focus of discussion was on testosterone replacement therapy. In a different forum, the Doctor over there posted a video of Little Suzie in a "Why there most certainly is no God" thread. That's when I came here and realized that now that I know how to tune my testosterone, I'm interested in talking about other things too. ... Doesn't mean I'm gonna stop talking about TRT in the not so off chance some poor old fuck around here might benefit.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-12-2011, 11:07 AM
I'm here because germanyt was showing me stuff on the site.

I came here because I enjoy learning about different view points on life.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
05-12-2011, 11:39 AM
It’s here or on a motorbike forum for hours at a time discussing tyres and suspension setups.
I can come here, let the mechanic rest and learn some more about the people I’m on the planet with.

I have always had an interest in religion with both a psychological and primarily a political view.
The warmongers of old right through to our modern age often rallied troops via the beliefs of the times and it’s interesting to ponder what may have been without this leverage.
And obviously this can’t be discussed with the religious!
Well, not in groups anyway…

In the short time I have been here I have discovered a wealth of individuals from a range of backgrounds that has given me an insight of the struggle that atheism has ahead of it.
One I had naively thought was an obvious conclusion as education improved.
And I really like the people I have met here!

Also it’s good for my awful typing skills…

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Karl's post
05-12-2011, 12:47 PM
I don't remember where I first encountered a TTA video, I think i-am-bored.com maybe. I found the other videos on the site, then the podcasts, then Seth mentioned the forums in one of the videos and I checked it out.

I'm not a big forum poster, but this place gets me thinking and "talking" and allows the freedom to post and think about topics without ridicule. It's a great place to learn and think, and I find it to be the most positive environment I've found in a while. All of you on this forum have been great- excellent topics from science to philosophy... I just eat it all up. Sometimes I don't really have anything to add and I just read. Sometimes I have questions and people answer. And sometimes I join in on a great conversation.
[+] 3 users Like kineo's post
05-12-2011, 01:14 PM
I also found this site off of Youtube postings. I've never been much of a forum girl myself but I was definitely excited when I found this place. I don't have many non-believer friends so I find myself trying to hold my tounge a lot not to offend people. ( I may or may not always do the best job of that-depending on who you ask) None the less, it is nice to find a place where I feel like I do not have to filter myself Smile Although I don't really post that much, I am on here daily reading, thinking about, and laughing at everyones posts. Thanks for that guys Smile

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
[+] 4 users Like k37713's post
05-12-2011, 02:04 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2011 02:04 PM by germanyt.)
I searched for Atheist on FB and found TTA. I joined the forum becasue it wasn't blocked at work. My normal religion and politics site is blocked. This forum hasn't disappointed though. The traffic is slow but what can you expect on a forum that only appeals to 1% of the population.
(04-12-2011 04:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Came here from a muscle board which had a Men's Health Forum where the predominant focus of discussion was on testosterone replacement therapy. In a different forum, the Doctor over there posted a video of Little Suzie in a "Why there most certainly is no God" thread. That's when I came here and realized that now that I know how to tune my testosterone, I'm interested in talking about other things too. ... Doesn't mean I'm gonna stop talking about TRT in the not so off chance some poor old fuck around here might benefit.

bbing.com?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
05-12-2011, 08:00 PM
(05-12-2011 02:04 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(04-12-2011 04:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Came here from a muscle board which had a Men's Health Forum where the predominant focus of discussion was on testosterone replacement therapy.

bbing.com?

MESO-Rx

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
06-12-2011, 09:30 AM
(05-12-2011 08:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-12-2011 02:04 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(04-12-2011 04:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Came here from a muscle board which had a Men's Health Forum where the predominant focus of discussion was on testosterone replacement therapy.

bbing.com?

MESO-Rx

Ah. We've been without an AAS section at bb.com for a few years now. I hang at ology.com now for those topics.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain