Why are we obsessed with feminism again?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2014, 11:57 AM
Why are we obsessed with feminism again?
I keep seeing it everywhere. I mean is there any reason to be obsessed over it. I keep seeing atheist talking about how either feminism is evil or how feminism can save the world. Like I asked before, why are we obsessed with it again?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
30-08-2014, 12:01 PM
RE: Why are we obsessed with feminism again?
Because feminazis are loud and ignorant, like theist fundies. And, like theist fundies, they're so loud that some people assume they're the majority, or at least speak for the rest.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
[+] 1 user Likes One Above All's post
30-08-2014, 12:01 PM
(30-08-2014 12:01 PM)One Above All Wrote:  Because feminazis are loud and ignorant, like theist fundies. And, like theist fundies, they're so loud that some people assume they're the majority, or at least speak for the rest.

I have seen far, far more people railing against purported "feminazis" than I have ever seen actual such people.

So there's that.

... this is my signature!
[+] 15 users Like cjlr's post
30-08-2014, 12:04 PM
(30-08-2014 12:01 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I have seen far, far more people railing against purported "feminazis" than I have ever seen actual such people.

So there's that.

That's one difference between them and the fundies. There are more or less the same number of fundies than there are people who rise against them. At least in some places. In other places, not so much.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
30-08-2014, 12:33 PM
(30-08-2014 12:01 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 12:01 PM)One Above All Wrote:  Because feminazis are loud and ignorant, like theist fundies. And, like theist fundies, they're so loud that some people assume they're the majority, or at least speak for the rest.

I have seen far, far more people railing against purported "feminazis" than I have ever seen actual such people.

So there's that.

This

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
30-08-2014, 12:36 PM
Three words to answer the question in a nutshell:

Loud, Vocal, Minority.

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
30-08-2014, 12:38 PM
(30-08-2014 12:36 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  Three words to answer the question in a nutshell:

Loud, Vocal, Minority.

Personally I think feminism should be on the bottom of what we worry about. Fighting for women rights is important, however I don't have to be a feminist to want women to have rights. Feminist should be left alone.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
30-08-2014, 12:38 PM
(30-08-2014 12:04 PM)One Above All Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 12:01 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I have seen far, far more people railing against purported "feminazis" than I have ever seen actual such people.

So there's that.

That's one difference between them and the fundies. There are more or less the same number of fundies than there are people who rise against them. At least in some places. In other places, not so much.

No the difference is the Fundies are a clear and persistent sect were as the "Feminazis" are mostly a strawman fantasy with only a very few and far between example.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 9 users Like Revenant77x's post
30-08-2014, 12:40 PM
(30-08-2014 12:38 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 12:36 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  Three words to answer the question in a nutshell:

Loud, Vocal, Minority.

Personally I think feminism should be on the bottom of what we worry about. Fighting for women rights is important, however I don't have to be a feminist to want women to have rights. Feminist should be left alone.

It's all a question of definitions at this point...

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
[+] 1 user Likes CiderThinker's post
30-08-2014, 12:47 PM
(30-08-2014 12:40 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 12:38 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Personally I think feminism should be on the bottom of what we worry about. Fighting for women rights is important, however I don't have to be a feminist to want women to have rights. Feminist should be left alone.

It's all a question of definitions at this point...

Seeing how feminism is really rights for female equality, it is not the only way to support women's rights. Same as I can support animal rights without being a member of peta and eating meat.