Why are we obsessed with feminism again?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2014, 05:50 PM
RE: Why are we obsessed with feminism again?
(01-09-2014 05:25 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 05:23 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Can you show where actual feminists groups have campaigned and gotten unequal changes? No tumblr does not count.

There is none, I don't remember feminism being about making men inferior to women.

No they do it from the other side.

If somebody points out a fallacy, and you call fallacy fallacy, that doesn't mean you are right. That just means you committed the very fallacy you accused your opponent of.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2014, 05:50 PM
Is this what you want?

http://youtu.be/rTSR7Go5Ue4

If somebody points out a fallacy, and you call fallacy fallacy, that doesn't mean you are right. That just means you committed the very fallacy you accused your opponent of.
01-09-2014, 06:07 PM
(01-09-2014 05:50 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  Is this what you want?

http://youtu.be/rTSR7Go5Ue4

Laughat That is your evidence? That was pathetic. I can write better fiction in my sleep.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
01-09-2014, 07:14 PM
(01-09-2014 05:18 PM)One Above All Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 05:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  Oh, for fuck's sake. How about the Oxford?

...I didn't mean to imply (Wink) that the website was untrustworthy. I was verifying if it was trustworthy. I trusted that you weren't talking out of your ass, but I wanted to verify that. Why is that a bad thing?

That was exasperation. Dodgy

You could have checked yourself - do you even Google? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-09-2014, 07:17 PM
(01-09-2014 05:50 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 05:25 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  There is none, I don't remember feminism being about making men inferior to women.

No they do it from the other side.

Who does what from which side of what?

01-09-2014, 07:23 PM
(01-09-2014 05:21 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 04:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  It certainly appears that you are generalizing the actions of a few to the many.

That is not valid logically or morally. Drinking Beverage

Well your behaviour isn't helping that stereotype. "We deal with men's issues too but will just assert rather than giving evidence"
Feminism is the new religion.

What behavior? What stereotype?

The rest is non sequitur. Do try to stay on point.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
01-09-2014, 09:26 PM
(01-09-2014 05:49 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 05:23 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Can you show where actual feminists groups have campaigned and gotten unequal changes? No tumblr does not count.

There are downsides to being male that are not addressed. You don't have to actively discriminate to be discriminatory.

Oh the irony
[+] 4 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
01-09-2014, 09:27 PM
To the question in the OT, think so many are obsessed with feminism because no two people can agree on a solid definition for it. Or maybe it is fluid like that?

So, there are a lot of misconceptions as to what feminism is and how it came to be.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
01-09-2014, 09:56 PM
(01-09-2014 09:27 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  To the question in the OT, think so many are obsessed with feminism because no two people can agree on a solid definition for it. Or maybe it is fluid like that?

So, there are a lot of misconceptions as to what feminism is and how it came to be.

Well you see it works like this. There are four sides to this

The feminazi

The feminist

Person who is not a feminist but does not hate them

and anti-feminist.

The feminazi is what anti-feminist attack the most. They tend to give feminist a bad name as they crazy shenanigans cause trouble

The feminist is different from the feminazi in the feminist is not batshit crazy. They tend to be modest when it comes to being a feminist, many times to the point you can't tell. There feminism also tends to lead to them caring about basic rights for humans all together

The Person who is not a feminist is someone who supports human rights, including women's rights but find being a feminist redundant as they of course already support all rights and don't need to be a feminist to support women's rights.

Then there is the anti-feminist. These people usually go for the feminazi, which is good, but then assume all femininity are feminazis. This is bad because as we know hasty generalization is never good.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
01-09-2014, 11:30 PM
I rather like feminists, being one myself. Many of the voices I've read on this thread show that many here are feminist. That's one up for all of us.

Fact (short and simple): worldwide women are little more than 1/2 the worlds human population, and worldwide women are underrepresented. What else is there to say other than many more feminist voices are needed. That's my obsession with feminism.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 3 users Like Dee's post