Why are we obsessed with feminism again?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-09-2014, 10:53 AM
RE: Why are we obsessed with feminism again?
(02-09-2014 06:30 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 05:07 AM)One Above All Wrote:  If that's what you meant, you should have made it clear, instead of replying to a post of mine that only spoke of the reliability of the first site you posted, rather than the definitions of the terms in question.
So Facepalm to you too, with an added Dodgy.

Oh, fuck off - I made no such post.

The one where you posted a link to a website I had never heard of (vocabulary.com), after which I asked you about its credentials, prompting you to post this link?
Nope. No such post exists anywhere on this forum. DodgyFacepalm

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2014, 11:00 AM
(02-09-2014 10:53 AM)One Above All Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 06:30 AM)Chas Wrote:  Oh, fuck off - I made no such post.

The one where you posted a link to a website I had never heard of (vocabulary.com), after which I asked you about its credentials, prompting you to post this link?

The issue is your attitude of the approach. On further glances it comes off as you were just questioning the validity... but you came off as I'm sticking my heels in the dirt and going to give off indignant vibes because I want to be right. Not approaching a style of being open.

Calling out Chas to say, you could of been more clear, applies right back at you. Why you are continuing to complain about it though is entirely baffling.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
02-09-2014, 11:07 AM
(02-09-2014 08:20 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  I will not be quiet about feminism just a Leon Trotsky was not quiet about Stalinism! I would rather die than see our culture hijacked by degenerate leftist cultural-masochists.

Are you seriously comparing feminism to communism Huh
[+] 1 user Likes Michael_Tadlock's post
02-09-2014, 11:09 AM
(02-09-2014 11:07 AM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 08:20 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  I will not be quiet about feminism just a Leon Trotsky was not quiet about Stalinism! I would rather die than see our culture hijacked by degenerate leftist cultural-masochists.

Are you seriously comparing feminism to communism Huh

Given use of such classic phrases as "degenerate leftist cultural-masochists" I don't think even he has any idea what he's talking about any more.

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
02-09-2014, 11:10 AM
(02-09-2014 11:00 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  The issue is your attitude of the approach. On further glances it comes off as you were just questioning the validity... but you came off as I'm sticking my heels in the dirt and going to give off indignant vibes because I want to be right.

...The "it will be a useful tool in my writing" didn't hint that I was looking for validation? I write a lot, you know. I've never used "imply"/"infer" in my stories, AFAIK, but it's bound to happen. I can't think of a situation where mixing up imply/infer could make anything unintelligible, but, if I was wrong about such a simple thing, I might be wrong about other words that could make my text unintelligible. Therefore, I wanted to be sure if the website was reliable. I checked its "About" section, where it mentioned that it used important words whose meaning most people get confused about. To be sure I wasn't about to trust idiots, I needed to be sure of their credentials.

(02-09-2014 11:00 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Not approaching a style of being open.

I keep an open mind about everything. Even when I'm 100% sure I'm right about something, if new evidence comes up that contradicts that view, I will incorporate it.

(02-09-2014 11:00 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Calling out Chas to say, you could of been more clear, applies right back at you. Why you are continuing to complain about it though is entirely baffling.

Aside from the fact that Chas has been acting as a dick ever since I asked about the site's credentials, and continued to do so even after I apologized for (what I thought was) pissing him off?

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
02-09-2014, 11:11 AM
(02-09-2014 08:31 AM)Dom Wrote:  Some people here wouldn't know what feminism was all about if it bit them in the nose.

Do you ever get the impression that whenever the term Feminism is raised people start to lose their minds?

*Sigh*

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
02-09-2014, 11:15 AM
(02-09-2014 11:09 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 11:07 AM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Are you seriously comparing feminism to communism Huh

Given use of such classic phrases as "degenerate leftist cultural-masochists" I don't think even he has any idea what he's talking about any more.

Yeah I noticed that too. I have no idea what those words together mean. I would rather he didn't go into detail though.
02-09-2014, 11:18 AM
(02-09-2014 11:10 AM)One Above All Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 11:00 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  The issue is your attitude of the approach. On further glances it comes off as you were just questioning the validity... but you came off as I'm sticking my heels in the dirt and going to give off indignant vibes because I want to be right.

...The "it will be a useful tool in my writing" didn't hint that I was looking for validation? I write a lot, you know. I've never used "imply"/"infer" in my stories, AFAIK, but it's bound to happen. I can't think of a situation where mixing up imply/infer could make anything unintelligible, but, if I was wrong about such a simple thing, I might be wrong about other words that could make my text unintelligible. Therefore, I wanted to be sure if the website was reliable. I checked its "About" section, where it mentioned that it used important words whose meaning most people get confused about. To be sure I wasn't about to trust idiots, I needed to be sure of their credentials.

(02-09-2014 11:00 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Not approaching a style of being open.

I keep an open mind about everything. Even when I'm 100% sure I'm right about something, if new evidence comes up that contradicts that view, I will incorporate it.

(02-09-2014 11:00 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Calling out Chas to say, you could of been more clear, applies right back at you. Why you are continuing to complain about it though is entirely baffling.

Aside from the fact that Chas has been acting as a dick ever since I asked about the site's credentials, and continued to do so even after I apologized for (what I thought was) pissing him off?

It just seems odd, to say, I looked up the site, couldn't see if they were trustworthy.. DIDN'T go and a look up the definitions in a way that would solve the debate... but went back and questioned the credibility instead.

I think your intension of fine, but this is what comes off as a bad attitude. It seems like you were looking to win an argument or bicker over actually find the truth to the matter.

And Res's comment back there just piles up what he has been saying since he has been here. I love my culture, I want to persevere it as it is from all those outsiders trying to degenerate it... What basis does he have for his cultural admiration? He's yet to give anything to answer that. He's stated he's proud to be a nationalist, and when asked, given no reasoning for it.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
02-09-2014, 11:29 AM
(02-09-2014 10:53 AM)One Above All Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 06:30 AM)Chas Wrote:  Oh, fuck off - I made no such post.

What the fuck are you on about? That post linked to a different site since you questioned the first.

Do you have ADD as well as reading comprehension problems? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-09-2014, 11:32 AM
(02-09-2014 11:10 AM)One Above All Wrote:  Aside from the fact that Chas has been acting as a dick ever since I asked about the site's credentials, and continued to do so even after I apologized for (what I thought was) pissing him off?

Acting like a dick? How about being exasperated by your inane questions?
You could do your own research, you know. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user