Why are we obsessed with feminism again?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-09-2014, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2014 02:24 PM by One Above All.)
RE: Why are we obsessed with feminism again?
(02-09-2014 11:29 AM)Chas Wrote:  What the fuck are you on about? That post linked to a different site since you questioned the first.

Do you have ADD as well as reading comprehension problems? Consider

Do you? Click the link to your post. Read it. Then scroll to the next post where you posted a link. Compare the timestamps. Then get back to me. Or don't. This is getting boring.

(02-09-2014 11:32 AM)Chas Wrote:  Acting like a dick? How about being exasperated by your inane questions?

After which I apologized, yet you kept acting like a dick. As for the bold part, quod erat demonstrandum.

(02-09-2014 11:32 AM)Chas Wrote:  You could do your own research, you know. Drinking Beverage

I could have. However, considering that I don't focus entirely on a random forum, the idea didn't even occur to me, as I went from clicking on "Post Reply" to doing something else somewhere else. EDIT: I want to note that I'm not implying that you focus entirely on this forum. I'm explaining why I didn't research it myself.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2014, 02:09 PM
(02-09-2014 11:09 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 11:07 AM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Are you seriously comparing feminism to communism Huh

Given use of such classic phrases as "degenerate leftist cultural-masochists" I don't think even he has any idea what he's talking about any more.

Cultural-masochists (a term I came up with myself) describes people who rant and rave about how horrible our Western culture is, how it is a rape culture, how it is misogynistic, homophobic and racist while excusing or ignoring other cultures. All progressive feminists are happy to bash our culture, but you have to pry them to get a condemnation of Islamic culture, if they don't just put it down to "cultural differences" and excuse it (as the founder of modern "third wave" feminism, Naomi Wolfe does (ironically feminists have started eating their own and Wolfe has come under fire for insisting that the principle of assumed innocence apply in rape cases). The truth is that our culture is probably both the most women and minority friendly culture there has been, while at the same time being the most advanced. Misogyny is almost extinct in our culture, confined to a mere few small spaces where it hangs on. But in the Islamic world (which you will never hear a modern leftist feminist complaining about) misogyny is the order of the day. Women are forced to wear headscarves and now that is being imported into the West through immigration. But feminists don't oppose that, because that would be racist, instead they attack everyone who dares to speak up against the Islamic invasion. Just look at FEMEN's obscene protests outside the FN headquarters. Women in Europe are faced with Moslem rape gangs, but for all their screaming about college rape culture feminists are happy to ignore this. What about their views on Middle East affairs? Surely feminists must support the countries with the best democracy and human rights? Leftist feminists instead spend their time attacking the country with the best women's and gay rights; Israel. They thrown in with Hamas and actively campaign for an end to Israel, which would mean an end to women's rights in the region. To the leftist feminist a woman's belly showing in a videogame is a bigger problem than Islamic rape gangs. These degenerates are driven by pure hatred for their own culture, they know nothing but self-hatred and are just as bad as the worst of closeted-gay homophobes.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
02-09-2014, 02:19 PM
(02-09-2014 11:07 AM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 08:20 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  I will not be quiet about feminism just a Leon Trotsky was not quiet about Stalinism! I would rather die than see our culture hijacked by degenerate leftist cultural-masochists.

Are you seriously comparing feminism to communism Huh

Communism might be a failed system, but you are right, it would be unfair to compare it to feminism, which is itself a fail.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
02-09-2014, 02:21 PM
(02-09-2014 02:09 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 11:09 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Given use of such classic phrases as "degenerate leftist cultural-masochists" I don't think even he has any idea what he's talking about any more.

Cultural-masochists (a term I came up with myself) describes people who rant and rave about how horrible our Western culture is, how it is a rape culture, how it is misogynistic, homophobic and racist while excusing or ignoring other cultures. All progressive feminists are happy to bash our culture, but you have to pry them to get a condemnation of Islamic culture, if they don't just put it down to "cultural differences" and excuse it (as the founder of modern "third wave" feminism, Naomi Wolfe does (ironically feminists have started eating their own and Wolfe has come under fire for insisting that the principle of assumed innocence apply in rape cases). The truth is that our culture is probably both the most women and minority friendly culture there has been, while at the same time being the most advanced. Misogyny is almost extinct in our culture, confined to a mere few small spaces where it hangs on. But in the Islamic world (which you will never hear a modern leftist feminist complaining about) misogyny is the order of the day. Women are forced to wear headscarves and now that is being imported into the West through immigration. But feminists don't oppose that, because that would be racist, instead they attack everyone who dares to speak up against the Islamic invasion. Just look at FEMEN's obscene protests outside the FN headquarters. Women in Europe are faced with Moslem rape gangs, but for all their screaming about college rape culture feminists are happy to ignore this. What about their views on Middle East affairs? Surely feminists must support the countries with the best democracy and human rights? Leftist feminists instead spend their time attacking the country with the best women's and gay rights; Israel. They thrown in with Hamas and actively campaign for an end to Israel, which would mean an end to women's rights in the region. To the leftist feminist a woman's belly showing in a videogame is a bigger problem than Islamic rape gangs. These degenerates are driven by pure hatred for their own culture, they know nothing but self-hatred and are just as bad as the worst of closeted-gay homophobes.

So, you invent a term, and invent the straw man to apply it to...

Why should anyone else care about your fantasies, again?

... this is my signature!
[+] 4 users Like cjlr's post
02-09-2014, 02:48 PM
Anyone get the feeling that the quality of trolling is going down around here? Not sure if we can take any action to improve it...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
08-09-2014, 03:04 AM
(02-09-2014 02:48 PM)morondog Wrote:  Anyone get the feeling that the quality of trolling is going down around here? Not sure if we can take any action to improve it...

Really, I don't think these people are trolls. They genuinely believe what they are saying.

If somebody points out a fallacy, and you call fallacy fallacy, that doesn't mean you are right. That just means you committed the very fallacy you accused your opponent of.
[+] 1 user Likes spinosauruskin's post
08-09-2014, 03:25 AM
(02-09-2014 02:09 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 11:09 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Given use of such classic phrases as "degenerate leftist cultural-masochists" I don't think even he has any idea what he's talking about any more.

Well, if anyone need a one page spiel spelling out the exact cultural delusions and naïvety behind your crazy ramblings; there you have it. Consider

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
08-09-2014, 10:17 AM
(08-09-2014 03:25 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 02:09 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Cultural-masochists (a term I came up with myself) describes people who rant and rave about how horrible our Western culture is, how it is a rape culture, how it is misogynistic, homophobic and racist while excusing or ignoring other cultures. All progressive feminists are happy to bash our culture, but you have to pry them to get a condemnation of Islamic culture, if they don't just put it down to "cultural differences" and excuse it (as the founder of modern "third wave" feminism, Naomi Wolfe does (ironically feminists have started eating their own and Wolfe has come under fire for insisting that the principle of assumed innocence apply in rape cases). The truth is that our culture is probably both the most women and minority friendly culture there has been, while at the same time being the most advanced. Misogyny is almost extinct in our culture, confined to a mere few small spaces where it hangs on. But in the Islamic world (which you will never hear a modern leftist feminist complaining about) misogyny is the order of the day. Women are forced to wear headscarves and now that is being imported into the West through immigration. But feminists don't oppose that, because that would be racist, instead they attack everyone who dares to speak up against the Islamic invasion. Just look at FEMEN's obscene protests outside the FN headquarters. Women in Europe are faced with Moslem rape gangs, but for all their screaming about college rape culture feminists are happy to ignore this. What about their views on Middle East affairs? Surely feminists must support the countries with the best democracy and human rights? Leftist feminists instead spend their time attacking the country with the best women's and gay rights; Israel. They thrown in with Hamas and actively campaign for an end to Israel, which would mean an end to women's rights in the region. To the leftist feminist a woman's belly showing in a videogame is a bigger problem than Islamic rape gangs. These degenerates are driven by pure hatred for their own culture, they know nothing but self-hatred and are just as bad as the worst of closeted-gay homophobes.

Well, if anyone need a one page spiel spelling out the exact cultural delusions and naïvety behind your crazy ramblings; there you have it. Consider

But... he... has... a... point... Huh

If somebody points out a fallacy, and you call fallacy fallacy, that doesn't mean you are right. That just means you committed the very fallacy you accused your opponent of.
[+] 1 user Likes spinosauruskin's post
08-09-2014, 06:43 PM
Re: RE: Why are we obsessed with feminism again?
(08-09-2014 03:04 AM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 02:48 PM)morondog Wrote:  Anyone get the feeling that the quality of trolling is going down around here? Not sure if we can take any action to improve it...

Really, I don't think these people are trolls. They genuinely believe what they are saying.

Okay yes and...? a Troll isn't solely a person posting somethings they don't believe.

Bringing up arguments to encourage dramatic flaming opposed conversation, especially multiple threads that were old or days past in likelihood to die is still trolling. That's what you've done and it's distinctions here on this forum. This thread was several days past any discussion, the atheism+ thread was over a month old, etc.. And you're not adding new insight or opinion by resurrecting these threads because the same topics are still relevant in the other threads that are connected.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
09-09-2014, 03:14 AM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2014 03:22 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(08-09-2014 10:17 AM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 03:25 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Well, if anyone need a one page spiel spelling out the exact cultural delusions and naïvety behind your crazy ramblings; there you have it. Consider

But... he... has... a... point... Huh

Ignorance of reality is not a counter-point. Fuck morondog is right, you're not even trying anymore. Drinking Beverage

1/10 - Just plain old boring: Would not troll again.

[Image: trolololol-o.gif]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]